User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, thanks OP... you got me wanting to spend more money!!

I'd love to have a nice mechanical pocketwatch, and think it would be hella cool to have one that was made before 1900. We'll see, maybe our resident watch man will be able to hook me up. I've already PMed him. I'd be happy to throw a little business at another ARFCOMmer.
View Quote

Let me know what you find out Matthew!

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just bought my first pocket watch and love it. I bought it from http://pocketwatchcheap.com Prices range from as low as $19 to as much as a few thousand. I ended up getting a modern looking silver watch with a blue face plate for $35. Looks and functions great. I've always hated things on my wrist anyway.
View Quote

Same here!

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I own an antique pocket watch.

Buy vintage.  Spend more than $1,000 - or leave them alone.  And be prepared to sink a huge amount into a REAL gold chain - not some plated POS chain from cheapville.
View Quote

I am steering myself in the same direction.

I would want a quality chain to go with it too.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have my great grandfather's railroad watch.
View Quote

I envy you!

I`ll bet that is one time piece that you couldn`t put a value on!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top