Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone would like to sell me one box of Guat surplus, I would be grateful.  I was putting some in a can and I ran out, with room for one more box. I cant find anymore and the way they pack them in 30 round boxes, they fit perfectly in the can. So, can someone sell me one box to complete my can and satisfy my OCD.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I brought that ammunition into the country back in 1997 when I was a buyer for Century. The Guatemalan stuff was about 9 million of 12 million rounds on that purchase (the rest being IMI). All the Guatemalan stuff was loaded on machines that looked like Waterbury types and the components were supplied by Remington or IMI. It was stored fine.

I do remember that the amount we bought came up short and Guatemalan soldiers were pulling rounds out of magazines in their mag pouches, reassembling battle packs that had been opened and stored in armories, etc.

We brought in all their old M16's too..most as parts kits to build into Postban ARs and 1200 to 1500 CAR-15s that went to LE sales.

It's good ammo, they were selling it to us because the Israelis sold them a shot load of Galils and ammo to go with them.
View Quote
Meat.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top