Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wise, you are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Gov never tells the whole truth. No matter which party is in power. Anything and everything the public is allowed to see is theater. It's bread and circuses.

Wise, you are.

He know much which is hidden...
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Parts of the story as told always smacked of bullshit to me.

Why did it become so important all of a sudden to honor the man responsible for the biggest loss of civilian life in a single attack in our nation's history with a burial at sea?  Did the country, or at least the survivors of 9/11, not deserve unequivocal proof that OBL was killed the way they said he was? Whose call was that and why was it a good idea?

They photo opped the fuck out of the president and his staff in the situation room but we can't even get a clear picture of OBL's body? Why? Was his head exploded? That hardly seems like a reason given all the other gruesome pics of dead terrorists, not to mention those of one of our own presidents. This man was THE terrorist, the main guy everyone wanted to see torn asunder, and yet so much cloak and dagger.

If you buy the official narrative or not, please persuade me as to your reasoning.
View Quote

Tommy Franks let it slip in a press conference that he had been killed in Tora Bora. He had marpan syndrome and required weekly dialysis.

He's been toast for a long time.

He's become somewhat of a phantom political piece. Any time you need your ratings boosted, just resurrected the fucker and kill him again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Does it even matter?
Him being alive or dead changed exactly nothing.

Not sure why everyone gets so hung up on this shit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does it even matter?

View Quote

FBHO? Scumbag who staged a bogus raid and got people killed?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does it even matter?

View Quote

Because it was a direct diversion from the release of Obama's phony birth certificate days earlier.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The SEAL visually identified the man as bin-Laden. You didn't need a briefing to visually identify bin-Laden. Most everyone with a TV could visually identify bin-Laden on sight after the many pictures were posted of him and him being one of the most wanted fugitives in the world with a $25 million bounty on his head. No briefing needed to identify him.
View Quote

I spent a part of my life having to identify persons via photos and ID and I can tell you that there are plenty of people that can, quite convincingly visibly pass for others. Half the fucking cabbies in NYC could pass for Bin Laden. Noses and chins are a good identifier but those can be altered. Distance between eyes is another that is not easily altered. Having absolute visual confirmation is BS that is why forensic data is neccessary for positive ID. There are lots of loose ends to that story, alot of those loose ends come from the SEALs themselves and the reports from their command. No meds or dialysis equipment for a supposed long term renal patient. Also the lack of protection and weak resistance encountered. Why not capture rather than kill? SEALs are famed for their high value target abductions. The quick ID and disposal of the body. It's all fishy,
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep.

The original story was that he was killed a week earlier and that they were waiting on DNA tests to come back positive before going public. It was stated that it takes that long for the tests to be done.

Then, on the same day, they said they "got him" the night before. And magically the DNA tests were conducted in a matter of hours.
View Quote

If they planted a mole, they would have his DNA.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know and have talked to Rob.  I believe him.  If it's all BS, that's some next-level commitment to the lie.  
View Quote

He killed a man he was tasked to capture or kill. Is he positive that was THE man though? If he identified him by tags that were briefed to him, who decided those tags, how were they generated, are they based on OBL or a reasonable facsimile that they were also familiar with? Also were his orders to capture or kill, or simply to kill.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If they planted a mole, they would have his DNA.
View Quote

I was watching the news live. They specifically stated that they had to wait a week for the DNA tests to be conducted.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Omg this thread fucking blows.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know what to believe, but to me, if you wanted to CAPTURE a guy like OBL without the overwhelming saturation of terrorist groups trying to outdo each others' terrorism to be the group who got OBL free... then the only way to really pull it off would be to convince everyone he was dead.

And it's hard to provide proof of a cover story that the most famous terrorist in the world was killed. So you come up with flimsy, but un-disprovable excuses for why there's no evidence and everyone just kind of goes along with it, because what else are you going to do?

I mean, terrorist groups have historically used hijackings, hostages, and other acts of terrorism to secure the freedom of their imprisoned comrades. Imagine the international shit storm that would erupt if the US announced OBL was in custody. It would be like the terrorist olympics... every terrorist and his cousin trying to get enough hostages or important enough hostages or kill enough people to pressure the US into releasing him. And it would be like whack-a-mole to deal with each group that popped up, and it would never end as long as OBL was still in custody. Not to mention the rescue attempts, etc. 

So IF the US wanted him alive, the ONLY way to avoid all that would be to simply tell everyone he died. Problem solved. If that's what happened, he's in a CIA hole somewhere and no one will see him again anyway. 

Like I said... I don't know what happened, but that makes more sense to me than the narrative we were fed. In the end I don't care either way. 
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread is laughably sad.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top