BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the solo (story) play suppose to be any good, or is all the fun in online play?
View Quote

You can pretty much do most of the game solo if you wish, but it's much more fun with other people, and missions are definitely easier with other people as well.

With the easy and quick automatic matchmaking system built in-game, there's really no point in going solo unless you want a challenge.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Just waiting on my digital code from Amazon and I should be good to go...
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The Agent Origins codes on PS4 should work now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Agent Origins codes on PS4 should work now.
View Quote

Yeah, I did mine via the PSN Website, since the wife is on GTA5.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Picking up the game after work tmw.  GT is tgar23
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Somebody in our ARFCOM community has been playing for an hour and a half already. Damn you!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna be late to the party seeing as m not gonna be able to get going until after work tmw .  I'm am slightly confused thou.  How is the campaign gonna work with multi player bc obviously by the time I get going tmw, a lot of ppl will have been playing for awhile already.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm gonna be late to the party seeing as m not gonna be able to get going until after work tmw .  I'm am slightly confused thou.  How is the campaign gonna work with multi player bc obviously by the time I get going tmw, a lot of ppl will have been playing for awhile already.
View Quote

The main story missions have an optional matchmaking feature that will quickly pair you with other people of a similar level.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The main story missions have an optional matchmaking feature that will quickly pair you with other people of a similar level.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha, thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Gotcha, thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha, thanks

Cool,  wasn't aware of that.

So it's essentially playing the campaign,  but in a cooperative mode?  If one chooses,  i assume they could select a friend or 3 and play cooperatively only with folks they know?

I hope that is the case. Should be awesome.  But in this mode i assume you're playing computer controlled AI enemies?

Eta,  i prefer single player games and don't play online a ton.  Part of the reason is that i can only get 3 Meg Internet here.  Will that be a massive problem?  Especially when/if I'm playing cooperatively with a buddy who may be at 30 Meg?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't ordered it yet.  I was going to wait to read some of the reviews once it went live.

I've felt burned lately by a few games, the latest of which was Star Wars Battlefront.

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I haven't ordered it yet.  I was going to wait to read some of the reviews once it went live.

I've felt burned lately by a few games, the latest of which was Star Wars Battlefront.

View Quote

This is sooooooo much better than battlefront. I already got more for my money with the division, and I just made it to the base of operations before I had to come to work.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I do not know if this has been discussed, but there is a code you can redeem for special packages (AGENTORIGINS):

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Those are included with the season pass as well, but someone from ubisoft said they are coming at a later date
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This is sooooooo much better than battlefront. I already got more for my money with the division, and I just made it to the base of operations before I had to come to work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, I trust people on here more than I would some general review on a game website anyway.  I'll have to download a copy from Amazon.  Between the silver thread in team, the vickers deal on the slings last month, and now this, I'm going to have to take a self assessed time-out.  This place is expensive.

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there really a ~30GB file you have to download too?  WTF is the point of the disc then?
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I should be on around 6/630 EST.  Got my mic charging as well as controller.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Hopefully picking up a copy today.

Cancelled my pre-order from Amazon because I have to use my bestbuy rewards $ by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Is there really a ~30GB file you have to download too?  WTF is the point of the disc then?
View Quote

I purchased the digital file.  The whole thing was 13.67G.  It took a little under an hour to download/install.

I will never regret replacing the stock HD with a 1TB drive prior to The Taken King.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Caf-Fiend

If you add me, put ARFCOM in the request so I know it isn't random.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I purchased the digital file.  The whole thing was 13.67G.  It took a little under an hour to download/install.

I will never regret replacing the stock HD with a 1TB drive prior to The Taken King.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the Taken King? And are you referring to a pc or did you replace a ps4 hd?
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Just started the download.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What is the Taken King? And are you referring to a pc or did you replace a ps4 hd?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Taken King is Destiny year 2.  I replaced the stock ps4 hd with a new 1TB drive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like I won't be on tonight after all.  For some dumb reason my PS shutdown during the day and it says I have 4 hours left to download.  FML...
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Taken King is Destiny year 2.  I replaced the stock ps4 hd with a new 1TB drive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome didn't know that was a thing.  Don't want to derail the thread so I'm off to Google.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Burnsy, IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Burnsy, IM sent.
View Quote

got it, thanks a lot, I'll let you know when I get around to it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Awesome didn't know that was a thing.  Don't want to derail the thread so I'm off to Google.

View Quote

In case there are others who might be interested.

Here is a video link on replacing the drive..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd_nESKuswk

He mentions a different drive than what I used in that video, his might be better I don't know.  I used the following drive...(mis-spoke earlier I actually used a 2TB drive).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8O6OQ4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

It is a Samsung Seagate 2TB laptop SATA III drive.  There are faster drives available but the difference was minuscule when I bought mine.  That was last year so who knows, the differences now may be more significant.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Burnsy, IM sent.

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Just getting on for the first time... if you want a nOOb to make fun of... monkeypunch13 is your man
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm going to add people from the thread.

I'll put a reference to ARFCOM in the request.

psnid: Caf-Fiend
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Up and running, have done a few side quests so far to try and get acquainted.

Eta:  I'll be going through and add ppl as well.  Will include my Arfcom sn in the message.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#33]
So my PS4 won't allow me to access the store to redeem my code from the Gold edition, and when I tried to play, it says I need a uplay account. And it won't accept my account as ubisoft is unavailable. What the shit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Up to level 8, been rolling solo to get a feel for everything as I wasn't in on the betas. Will probably try to do some co-op now.

Game is awesome so far.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#35]
The shield is fucking worthless
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

We are getting tore up
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:43:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ballistic shield? I love it

Just gotta make sure you don't get surrounded. Also doesn't work very well against fire lol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just gotta make sure you don't get surrounded. Also doesn't work very well against fire lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just suck

Playing with people makes the game waaaay more enjoyable
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I just suck

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just suck

You still trying to work throu the Lincoln Tunnel.  I'm getting ready to take another crack at.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I just suck

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just suck

To add, skill power is extremely important with the ballistic shield. Without high skill power, the shield doesn't last very long nor can you use it as much.

I'm purposely passing up DPS/firearms gear, and stacking up on stamina and skill power.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:35:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

To add, skill power is extremely important with the ballistic shield. Without high skill power, the shield doesn't last very long nor can you use it as much.

I'm purposely passing up DPS/firearms gear, and stacking up on stamina and skill power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just suck

I need to actually make a game plan with that stuff. The closest thing to an RPG i have played was Destiny, and that wasn't nearly as deep.I have been reconstructing basically everything as I get high level stuff with out regard to attributes
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:26:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I had no idea how to use the med kits.  No wonder I kept dying all the time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 3:32:24 AM EDT
[#43]
So far I am enjoying this game. I am hoping it lives up to my expectation a lot more than destiny did.

Can add me gtiupb2002
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 4:50:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Can we get a list of psn names put in the first post? Might help.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Can we get a list of psn names put in the first post? Might help.
View Quote

I did my best to invite everyone to the ARFCOM Division Community at least, although I'm slacking on this last page since I'm stuck at work.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Well all the application data finally finished downloading last night so I didnt get to do much.  Then I find out that I cant join groups because I need PS Plus.  I let it expire because I never really used and it never was worth it.  Guess I have to renew that now..
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Sold my first PS4, this game made me go buy another. I've got a few friends playing already, but I figured I'd see if I could find some ARFcommers to add to the list. My gamertag is KacMod1 if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Shockerpb

I'm up to join in on the occasion I'm on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#49]
This game is better than I expected - looking forward to PvP shenanigans.

PS4: LostLikeLT

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This game is better than I expected - looking forward to PvP shenanigans.

PS4: LostLikeLT

View Quote

I only had time to put about 2 hours into it, late last night.  

There's a LOT to absorb, and is a little intimidating,  but i was very impressed.  Thought it was excellent,  and when a buddy of mine got on and we played cooperatively it was even more fun.

I'm digging it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top