Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Rear ended page 2
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

With her skill level.....would she even have a ride if she had a dick?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's hot, so she'll probably be sticking  around.   Personally, I wish she'd either pose nude,  or fade away into obscurity.

I don't know.   Might as well be asking, "Would Paul Menard have a ride if not for Menard's being his sponsor?"
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't know.   Might as well be asking, "Would Paul Menard have a ride if not for Menard's being his sponsor?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's hot, so she'll probably be sticking  around.   Personally, I wish she'd either pose nude,  or fade away into obscurity.

the answer is FUCK NO!!!

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not so sure about that.  She is great for publicity which is what NASCAR is about now.  They may just keep her around.  

Also MANY drivers (admittedly in sub-par equipment) have worse records and are still in Cup.  
View Quote

This.  NASCAR is trying to be the automotive version of WWE.  It's entertainment.  Don't get worked up about it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought she had some pretty good results?

I don't watch Nascar or TV anyway. So meh...
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Demolished her car in practice along with Annett and Jeb Burton, Hamlin damaged.

Danica crashed again

Video:

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

While I am no big fan of Danica, I'm sorry I forgot, your car number is?
View Quote

If he had her money behind him, he would have a ride.

TC

P.S.--I don't like her because she has always been a whiny, petulant snot without earning the right.  I don't like the Busches for the same reason.  And, she has always had top cars.  Underperformed, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wasn't a professional driver, so you'd win that bet.
Competitor, yes; driver, no.

The pics at the top of the page probably represent at least $2M (very conservative), and that's just putting them back together.  Much more for replacing an entire racecraft.
Those dozen or so pics represent a small fraction of all the wrecked #10 cars.
If you were a business owner, or a sponsor, would you be jumping for joy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I'm not a huge Danica fan, I'll wager a years salary that she can out-drive the OP.....

I wasn't a professional driver, so you'd win that bet.
Competitor, yes; driver, no.

The pics at the top of the page probably represent at least $2M (very conservative), and that's just putting them back together.  Much more for replacing an entire racecraft.
Those dozen or so pics represent a small fraction of all the wrecked #10 cars.
If you were a business owner, or a sponsor, would you be jumping for joy?

Had an acquaintance who worked for DEI and JR Motorsports in a management capacity - he used to say they send the ambulance to the check on the wrong person after a crash. Watching all those dollar bills getting shredded isn't very good for the owners health!
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Most overrated driver of all time? (all series she participated in considered)
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I just watched the video.
She came down into the #11 and hit him... in the audio you can hear her say "who hit me?"
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just watched the video.
She came down into the #11 and hit him... in the audio you can hear her say "who hit me?"
View Quote

"You drove down into him" should have been the spotters reply.  

Or maybe "Inside Corner, Inside".
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Most overrated driver of all time? (all series she participated in considered)
View Quote

Well, she did win one race in Indy cars.  
It was a rain-shortened race; she stayed out when the leaders pitted
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

TC

P.S.--I don't like her because she has always been a whiny, petulant snot without earning the right.  I don't like the Busches for the same reason.  And, she has always had top cars.  Underperformed, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TC

I'm sorry how many career wins in racing does either of the Busch's have? Kyle has 141 and Kurt has 34.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

the king is right. stewart-haas can't afford to keep rebuilding her ride. I predict she will be gone at the end of the year or go daddy will have to pay for said repairs to keep her in the seat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Richard Petty said, the only way she'll win a race is if everyone else stays home
the king is right. stewart-haas can't afford to keep rebuilding her ride. I predict she will be gone at the end of the year or go daddy will have to pay for said repairs to keep her in the seat.

GoDaddy is paying the bills and then some. That check is a fat one.

While the new NASCAR bodies are more expensive they are not million dollar cars. The aero cars for Daytona and Talladega are considerably more than the short track bodies. The tube frames are rarely ruined  and have to be certified any time they are repaired. Pretty sure the GoDaddy check would pay for a new body for each race and still have a pile of cash leftover.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#15]
They should put her on Top Gear so I can see her get beaten by Mr. Bean.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#16]
GoDaddy is paying the bills, and will continue to, because PR. She's pretty, and that's enough to continue her career.

There are worse drivers out there.  And they make way less money.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be great
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

While the new NASCAR bodies are more expensive they are not million dollar cars. The aero cars for Daytona and Talladega are considerably more than the short track bodies. The tube frames are rarely ruined  and have to be certified any time they are repaired. Pretty sure the GoDaddy check would pay for a new body for each race and still have a pile of cash leftover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like Richard Petty said, the only way she'll win a race is if everyone else stays home

I somewhat agree with you but it's more than just putting a body on. Last year they were saying some teams spend $300K just to go to the racetrack, week end and week out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I somewhat agree with you but it's more than just putting a body on. Last year they were saying some teams spend $300K just to go to the racetrack, week end and week out.
View Quote

That sounds about right.
Travel and accommodation expenses for around 30 people, transportation of equipment, entry fees, and I'd guess they're factoring in a percentage of racecraft engineering, R&D, and production.
Many teams lease engines and chassis from others, so there's that
Racing tires are close to $2k per set, and they could go through 15 sets in a weekend easily.
Hospitality... they spend big bucks on entertainment for VIPs.

And, this does not account for equipment damage.

'Big time' budgets are (reportedly) around $20M per year, that gives teams around $500k to work with every weekend.  If bare essential costs alone are $300k, it doesn't take many wrecks to start eating into that $200k profit margin.  One complete chassis, body, and drivetrain is at least $250k were it to be a total loss
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That sounds about right.
Travel and accommodation expenses for around 30 people, transportation of equipment, entry fees, and I'd guess they're factoring in a percentage of racecraft engineering, R&D, and production.
Racing tires are close to $2k per set, and they could go through 15 sets in a weekend easily.

'Big time' budgets are (reportedly) around $20M per year, that gives teams around $500k to work with every weekend.  If bare essential costs alone are $300k, it doesn't take many wrecks to start eating into that $200k profit margin.  One complete chassis, body, and drivetrain is at least $250k were it to be a total loss
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds about right.

If a NASCAR team is only bringing $200k in profit...those numbers have to be bullshit or the result of some sort of accounting geared towards minimizing the P on the accounting statement. Because if that is correct, either the Owners is listed as an employee and pulling out large $$$ as pay or those teams are always one bad day away from going bankrupt.

In ENGRISH, those numbers are bullshit. That might be the numbers for a third tear team but for a premiere racing team, no.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If a NASCAR team is only bringing $200k in profit...those numbers have to be bullshit or the result of some sort of accounting geared towards minimizing the P on the accounting statement. Because if that is correct, either the Owners is listed as an employee and pulling out large $$$ as pay or those teams are always one bad day away from going bankrupt.

In ENGRISH, those numbers are bullshit. That might be the numbers for a third tear team but for a premiere racing team, no.
View Quote

Easy, tiger.
If you read and comprehended my post, you'd have understood that $200k profit to be per event.  Roughly $7M per year.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
While I'm not a huge Danica fan, I'll wager a years salary that she can out-drive the OP.....
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#23]
The fact that she is still in the series is everything that you need to know about NASCAR "racing."

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That would be great
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be great

Would she go on the "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" ranking or the racer one?  
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be great

Depends on the condition of the show's budget at the time - have to figure she'll crash whatever she drives.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Depends on the condition of the show's budget at the time - have to figure she'll crash whatever she drives.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be great

Have her drive a caravan. Two birds with one stone.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:57:59 AM EDT
[#27]
i think this needs a 'bump!'

LOL
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be great

As I understand it, the Racer board is F1 only.

I haven't watched it in a while, so someone can correct me without hurting my feelings.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#31]
no offense but what the hell is a racecraft ?
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#32]
She gets Road Rage!
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#33]
If she approached me like that, I would order coffee, cream and sugar, and then turn back and continue my interview.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I haven't watched it in a while, so someone can correct me without hurting my feelings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be great

I don't know that they've ever had a NASCAR, IRL, or other professional racecar driver on before that wasn't F1.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
no offense but what the hell is a racecraft ?
View Quote

It's like an aircraft without the air
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good lord....
View All Quotes

I wonder what would happen if a male driver got in her face and pounded her chest.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I had a garage pass at Indy several years ago. As I was walking around the area, I saw her and a few of her guys heading my way.

She came up behind a 60+ year old guy, shoved him from behind and said "Get the Fuck out of my Way!"

Dude never knew what hit him. Classless cunt if you ask me.

ETA: I'd still do her though
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#38]
I know nothing about stock car racing, so could one of you fans explain to me the beef with Denny Hamlin?

Did he hit her or not? She seems to be complaining that him just being "too close" made her lose control. Is that possible?

Don't want to be unfair to her. Do any male drivers ever complain about other racers being too close?

Like I said, I'm a total novice about NASCAR, but this thing has me intrigued.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I know nothing about stock car racing, so could one of you fans explain to me the beef with Denny Hamlin?

Did he hit her or not? She seems to be complaining that him just being "too close" made her lose control. Is that possible?

Don't want to be unfair to her. Do any male drivers ever complain about other racers being too close?

Like I said, I'm a total novice about NASCAR, but this thing has me intrigued.

View Quote

It's revolves the draft and bump drafting specifically. If you get close enough to the car in front of course you start drafting as the air goes over your car instead of hitting the front end. Just like on the highway behind a semi truck. But they try to get as close as possible, and even bump each other. You can bump down the straights and really get some momentum going. Keep in mind that they are running flat out around the whole track already, no lifting of the throttle, so any little bit of help from other cars makes a big difference. But you can also make the car in front get loose and loose control because the air gets diverted. The airflow will change and shoot from the lead car and directly over top of the second car but by doing this it completely misses the lead cars rear spoiler. This takes away the rear downforce that would normally provide a thousand pounds of pressure to the back of the car providing traction and stability. If you do all this wrong , especially in the turns where they were at, it can cause the car to get out of control and spin out like Danica's did. In Denny's defense, they have to run nose to tail in order to go fast and he was saying she needs to have her car set up better so it doesn't get so loose to begin with. But he could have rode the brake just a touch and backed off a foot or two and not had the problem. Add to the fact that he already crashed her on Wednesday when he tried to pull out and pass her, clipping her quarter and spinning her into the wall.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#40]
As far as other drivers, you can see them on camera , while running down the straight, waving to the guy behind them, saying " come on, push me ". But you absolutely don't push in the corners and that's where Denny was tucked up real close. I couldn't see if he actually touched her or not but in the corners you don't actually have to touch the bumper to make that car really loose.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#41]
In for the wreck pics/videos

How many good cars will she take out with her tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Every one is racing on the same track.

Get used to it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In for the wreck pics/videos

How many good cars will she take out with her tomorrow
View Quote

First crash during Wednesday's practice

And then during the duals

You can't see it in first video but they show a view from above later, when he makes his move to inside he catches her bumper and that's what drags her down into him. I'm not trying to take her side or his, just stating how it happened.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#44]
07commander- thanks. I think I understand how it works now.

But, did Hamlin break any rules with that second incident?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
07commander- thanks. I think I understand how it works now.

But, did Hamlin break any rules with that second incident?
View Quote

No, not really. NASCAR has said " no bumpdrafting " and if they think that someone is being to dangerous with it they may call him out on it. But it's how they have to run on the restrictor plate tracks. It's just the way it is and everyone does it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Denny fucked her.  That's about it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

ch3no2 is right.  I've met her a few times at Barber and she is a stone cold ice queen.  

I'd like to think that it's just because she is unsure of how to deal with the public and she throws up the hostile attitude as a defense mechanism.

It's unfortunate.  She could grab a huge following if she would just learn from the example of other lady racers and be a gracious presence on both the track and pit.  Lots of little girls look up to her and I think she could make a huge impact with minimal PR work.

I really don't get her.  She's a very strange and remote person.  I hope that she gets over whatever it is that is eating at her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been a while since I crewed a team competing in a national touring series.  How about you?
I didn't come up with her nickname, I'll say only that she earned it long before her NASCAR stint.
I can tell you, first hand, she is not a pleasant person to be around.

ch3no2 is right.  I've met her a few times at Barber and she is a stone cold ice queen.  

I'd like to think that it's just because she is unsure of how to deal with the public and she throws up the hostile attitude as a defense mechanism.

It's unfortunate.  She could grab a huge following if she would just learn from the example of other lady racers and be a gracious presence on both the track and pit.  Lots of little girls look up to her and I think she could make a huge impact with minimal PR work.

I really don't get her.  She's a very strange and remote person.  I hope that she gets over whatever it is that is eating at her.

This +2

I also spent some time in the inside with a wrench, she is not pleasant in the least.  Without Go Daddy pimping her image , she's unemployable.

Edit:  Not in NASCAR, but close enough to see the slunt that she is.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#48]
If you look closely at the Hamlin/Patrick wreck, Hamlin doesn't run into the back of her, she slows down and causes him to tag her in the left rear.  

Just before the contact, notice how much the car in front of Patrick pulls away from her, then the contact, then the spin.

It's clear that Patrick loses pace with the 78 car in front of her on the high line, and if Hamlin jumps out of the throttle, he goes loose or has the car behind him run up his back side.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

She gets Road Rage!
View Quote

Seriously.  A little double standard there.  She's hitting him in the chest.  Imagine if he gave her a push away or something.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Denny fucked her.  That's about it.
View Quote
anyone that fucks her sexy body is my hero!

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top