Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I guess that "certain segment" would be anyone not carrying a badge?

If the shooter had been a "civvy" chasing the bad guy, rather than a cop, would you be equally as quick to defend his actions?

If not, then:  you're a hypocrit, a "JBT", and a fucking moron.

- That certain segment seems to populate internet forums such as these.  Whether they carry a "badge" or not; I don't know. It would appear though, that most profess to not be employed in the LE field.

If the guy was a resident; I might question why he was chasing the guy in the 1st place without 1st calling 911. However crap does happen.  If he was getting bit in manner similar to what was detailed as happening to the officers, then I doubt I'd have an issue with him putting some rounds in the dog(s).
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Let's see...

1) Officer actively persuing suspect enters yard

2) Once in yard, he is attacked and bit by a known 'dangerous' breed of dog...

3) Officer ends up shooting dog, says he pepersprayed it first...

4) Owner takes dog to MEXICO to have it examined, Mexican doctor 'conveniently' says that no pepper spray was used...

Sorry guys, sounds more like someone trying to grow a lawsuit than a legitimate gripe... MEXICO?

And if you have certain breeds of dog that are likely to be considered 'threatening', you might want to keep them supervised, rather than out roaming in your yard while you sleep...

If it had been a 'normal' citizen without a gun, this would be another pit attack & thus a 'Pit Bull Bashing Thread' instead of a 'Cop bashing thread'!

If you came in my "hint" the big word my private property "hint" my yard. And shot My dog "Dangerous" breed or not. As a citizen you have more too wory about than the Dogs.

Also why the fuck can't my dogs be on my property? Explain...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like to me that the dog was in a fenced area. We all talk about dogs being contained, these were. So some are saying even if you follow the law and have your dog penned on private property, if the LEO feels that he needs to shoot your dog on your properly enclosed property, hey that's just the breaks.

What if it wasn't a pit bull?

What are the laws about transiting property in a pursuit?

Didn't they cancel high speed pursuit because of the risk to others (basically private property)?

What if you were cleaning your guns, stood up when they entered the yard? Tough shit, your dead, but at least the officer went home alright?

The way I see it, they destroyed private property in their pursuit, they are liable for remuneration.

96Ag
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
ANY time a shooting occurs, it should be investigated. How ever the scene went down, the officers delibertly removed EVIDENCE from your yard.

Right after talking to a lawyer make a formal complaint to the department, the DA and the local papers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#5]
The officer went into a back yard, sees a trio of pitbull dogs, and didn't unass the AO most quick?  This officer is obviously a moron, and should not have a badge, let alone a gun.  He showed incredible lack of judgement in shooting the dogs, and his situational awareness is most deficient.

Fire him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The officer went into a back yard, sees a trio of pitbull dogs, and didn't unass the AO most quick?  This officer is obviously a moron, and should not have a badge, let alone a gun.  He showed incredible lack of judgement in shooting the dogs, and his situational awareness is most deficient.

Fire him.

Thats what I am wondering, did he figure these dogs where gonna run off once he opened the gate.
Or did he not even care to check if dogs where in the backyard?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#7]
A civilians dog should exhibit the same relevance as a LEO K9

IMHO

Edit for spelling
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Where does it say that the officers saw the dogs prior to entering the yard?  There is a good chance that they (officers) were crossing the yard when the dogs first noticed them.  And who knows; maybe they did try to get out of the yard.  Of course I'm sure that no one will buy that since it is the common view that all LEOs are out to put a round in a dog or a person the first chance they get.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A civilians dog should exhibit the same relevance as a LEO K9

IHMO

Edit for spelling

+1 You just hit the nail on the head.  You shoot one of their dogs and your a cop killer.  They shoot one of your........."here's $200, go buy a new dog"
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Let's see...

1) Officer actively persuing suspect enters yard the curtillage of a private dwelling which is at common law and by statute in many places a part of the dwelling itself, and which only a moron would think contained a fugitive since it was BOILING WITH PITBULLS.

2) Once trespassing unannounced in the totally innocent and uninvolved citizen's yard, he is attacked and bit by a known 'dangerous' breed of legally owned dog whose breed is of no concern to him and whose behavior is part of the risk a stranger assumes when he enters another man's yard, whatever the purpose of the trespass...

3) Officer ends up shooting dog, conveniently says he pepersprayed it first and conveniently attempts to GATHER UP HIS BRASS and flee the scene...

4) Owner takes dog to MEXICO to have it examined, Mexican doctor 'conveniently' says that no pepper spray was used...

Sorry guys, sounds more like someone trying to grow a lawsuit than a legitimate gripe because it is clear to me that the only reason the bastard had a dog in the first place was in the furtive hope that a cop would enter his yard unannounced and shoot the dogs so he could file a lawsuit, because after all, we can't assume that just because the cop admits shooting the dog, the dog was actually shot. The cop is probably not a cop at all, but another freeloader in on the deal. Isn't it remarkable just how stupid you can sound when you pull commentary out of your ass, guys ... MEXICO?

And if you have certain breeds of dog that are likely to be considered 'threatening', you might want to keep them supervised, rather than out roaming in your yard while you sleep because the last thing a reasonable man wants is a threatening dog in the yard threatening people who charge into the yard in the middle of the night...

If it had been a 'normal' citizen without a gun, this would be another pit attack & thus a 'Pit Bull Bashing Thread' instead of a 'Cop bashing thread'!

If it had been a "normal" citizen with a gun, he'd be trying to raise bail money right now, whatever his reason was for going into a stranger's yard. I guess that since your knee-jerk, unthinking response leads you to think that the cop was acting reasonably here - because the homeowner didn't make the yard safe for him by keeping chihuahuas or by locking his dogs up, you'd be happy for the cop to win a lawsuit against the guy had he fallen into a hole or tripped over a rake instead of being bitten by a dog, right? You are arguing that the homeowner had an obligation to maintain his property in a condition which presented no danger to an uninvited, unannounced  stranger running through the yard in the dark. That's just dumb.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#11]
That's It! Here is the Warning Sign I'm putting in my Backyard:

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Where does it say that the officers saw the dogs prior to entering the yard?  There is a good chance that they (officers) were crossing the yard when the dogs first noticed them.  And who knows; maybe they did try to get out of the yard.  Of course I'm sure that no one will buy that since it is the common view that all LEOs are out to put a round in a dog or a person the first chance they get. hinking.gif

Anyone who has ever had a dog knows that the canine starts barking when it hears people running around its territory at night.  It is a universal experience.  Especially if it was a breeding pair with a younger pup with them.  They would be barking frantically to keep danger away.  This officer or officers didn't/don't have the brains God gave a piss-ant.  If they had entered this yard blind like it sounds they did... well, lets just say they could have easily been ambushed by the very person they were chasing.  SA was nonexistant.  Bad on them.  A reprimand (at least) is required here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sounds like to me that the dog was in a fenced area. We all talk about dogs being contained, these were. So some are saying even if you follow the law and have your dog penned on private property, if the LEO feels that he needs to shoot your dog on your properly enclosed property, hey that's just the breaks.

What if it wasn't a pit bull? What If? Maybe the dog wouldn't have bit the officer & gotten shot?

What are the laws about transiting property in a pursuit?Varies by locality... Around here they can do it

Didn't they cancel high speed pursuit because of the risk to others (basically private property)? It was a FOOT persuit... Not a 'high speed' persuit...

What if you were cleaning your guns, stood up when they entered the yard? Tough shit, your dead, but at least the officer went home alright?

The way I see it, they destroyed private property in their pursuit, they are liable for remuneration. Replace the dog. And that is what will happen

96Ag

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let's see...

Sorry guys, sounds more like someone trying to grow a lawsuit than a legitimate gripe... MEXICO?

And if you have certain breeds of dog that are likely to be considered 'threatening', you might want to keep them supervised, rather than out roaming in your yard while you sleep...

If you came in my "hint" the big word my private property "hint" my yard. And shot My dog "Dangerous" breed or not. As a citizen you have more too wory about than the Dogs.

And in some places you would be worrying about a rather large lawsuit if your dog bit anyone, period. Deadly force (which certain varieties of dog are considered to be) is not an acceptable response to trespassing... People have been charged with ADW for the actions of certain dog breeds... Certain breeds of dog just require more supervision/restraint than others...

Because if the dog is loose & bites someone, that MIGHT be a problem... If it bites someone who's armed they MIGHT shoot it... Kind of like everyone was promising to do in the last pit-bite thread... Or you might just get arrested for ADW, see above...

I find it very ironic how when we have a thread about a dog biting a person, or their pets, the dog should be shot...

When a cop shoots a dog, it's the cops fault for doing what many of you swore you would do if  you were ever bit by a dog...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Everyone knows the score on this topic, i'm surprised to see it still raises blood pressure.

"You can see a lot just by observing" - Yogi Berra
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#16]
as usual nothing will happen.  the officers cops government pigs will probably be promoted.  well i for one would love to go one on one with these pigs, but i have never met a pig to date that has the courage to pull off their badge and settle things like men.  they are cowards who hide behind safety in numbers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Anyone who has ever had a dog knows that the canine starts barking when it hears people running around its territory at night
I've chased more than a few people through yards and haven't had the dog(s) start barking until we left their yard or I started to enter following the suspect.  One case in particular was when a car thief ran and hid in a backyard that was occupied by 2 full grown Chows. At one point, one of the dogs were standing no more than 6' from the guy and only started barking when they saw me.  We had the owner pull the dogs inside and our K9 handler tracked back into that yard and we discovered the guy laying underneath a work van.  So in my experience; dogs don't always bark when people are in its territory at night.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#18]
NCPatrolAR: You're painting a fairly broad swath with your anti cop statements. I've been here for years and I'd say that this site is about 90%-95% pro LEO.

But the people here DO NOT TOLERATE LEOs overstepping their boundries, being treated any more special or differently than us tax paying (you know, the people that supply LEO salaries) civilians, or having excuses for being any more bone-headed than the general population.

Dave_A: Your statement is bullshit. People advocate shooting dogs that attack themselves, children, etc. WHEN THE DOG HAS ENTERED THEOR PROPERTY OR IF THE DOG IS RUNNING LOOSE.

Come on-no one here is ballsy enough to say that if their they or their kid jumped a fence into the yard or entered uninvited the yard of a dog prone to attack, and the dog DID attack, that they'd be justified in going over to that yard and shooting the dog.

You're using a Skerry tactic here and it just ain't gonna fly.

And before anyone flames me, I'm FIRMLY pro LEO because I have a relative that's one.
BUT I DO NOT tolerate idiotic behavior from the LE world and NO ONE else should, either.
LEOs have a double tough job to do, but no one FORCED them to do it. If an LEO fucks up royally they should be held accountable, just as anyone else that fucks up in their job.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
as usual nothing will happen.  the officers cops government pigs will probably be promoted.  well i for one would love to go one on one with these pigs, but i have never met a pig to date that has the courage to pull off their badge and settle things like men.  they are cowards who hide behind safety in numbers.

You're certainly well named.  12 years old by chance?  BTW:  Have shot MANY a dog.  Even killed a lab/chow mix with a shovel in front of the owner.  When one of the owners ever grows  enough balls to challenge me, "man to man"  I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#20]

well i for one would love to go one on one with these pigs, but i have never met a pig to date that has the courage to pull off their badge and settle things like men. they are cowards who hide behind safety in numbers.

lol...I bet you even hit the keys on your keyboard really hard when you typed that just to prove how bad you are compared to the police.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Do you know any cops?   Some spar regularly.   Go to a gym, put on some gloves and get in the ring. (ETA: speaking to oddball)

People attribute human emotions to animals.   Animals DO NOT have human emotions.   I understand that people feel pets are a part of the family, but that is a master/servant relationship, nothing more.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but we as human beings are to be stewards of the earths animals.   Some are good stewards, some aren't.   It aint a perfect world.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Am I reading this right? They shot 3 dogs?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#24]

I'm waiting for the blue wall to show up and tell us why the good officers were in the right.

And so they have arrived to defend the dog killer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
NCPatrolAR: You're painting a fairly broad swath with your anti cop statements. I've been here for years and I'd say that this site is about 90%-95% pro LEO.

- I have yet to make any sweeping "anti-LEO" allegations.  I commented specifically on the "us vs them" comments that immediately get thrown out by the usual group of people on here and other forums.

But the people here DO NOT TOLERATE LEOs overstepping their boundries, being treated any more special or differently than us tax paying (you know, the people that supply LEO salaries) civilians, or having excuses for being any more bone-headed than the general population.
- I have yet to say that LEOs are infalable or that we should be given a pass when we mess up.  However it appears that even the most minute mistake by a LEO brings out the groups crying for the LEO's job at the very least.

And by the way, you aren't the only one paying taxes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#26]
That guy is lucky the cop didnt burn down his house while he was at it. There could have been suspects inside as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let's see...

And in some places you would be worrying about a rather large lawsuit if your dog bit anyone, period. Deadly force (which certain varieties of dog are considered to be) is not an acceptable response to trespassing... People have been charged with ADW for the actions of certain dog breeds... Certain breeds of dog just require more supervision/restraint than others...

Because if the dog is loose & bites someone, that MIGHT be a problem... If it bites someone who's armed they MIGHT shoot it... Kind of like everyone was promising to do in the last pit-bite thread... Or you might just get arrested for ADW, see above...

I find it very ironic how when we have a thread about a dog biting a person, or their pets, the dog should be shot...

When a cop shoots a dog, it's the cops fault for doing what many of you swore you would do if  you were ever bit by a dog...

Great ! Lmao. First off I have been bitten by many dogs. And yet to sue any one or kill any dogs.
Then again most bites are easy to avoid. Even if its loose.

Second the dogs weren't loose so why even bring that up?
Third, I am allowed to have a fucking tiger if I want to :) So sorry.

And about the loose thing, I guess you shouldn't be allowed to own firearms because some day they may fall into the wrong hands. And doing so would be out of your control.

Ill take your guns
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Come on-no one here is ballsy enough to say that if their they or their kid jumped a fence into the yard or entered uninvited the yard of a dog prone to attack, and the dog DID attack, that they'd be justified in going over to that yard and shooting the dog.

I will.  If a dog attacks  any person, ESP a child,  in your yard,  my yard,  the lobby of the local fried chicken place, Location is not a consideration other than having a safe backstop.

Doggie goes bye bye.    It does not matter if the child should have been there or not.  It does not matter that the dog is a loving member of someone's "family".

I prefer shotguns for dogs myself, but I'm not above using garden tools.

Are you honestly telling me that it's perfectly ok to have someone savaged by an animal strictly because of the location of the attack?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
LEOs have a double tough job to do, but no one FORCED them to do it.

why do people keep saying things like this.  it is completely untrue.  if anything they have one of the easiest jobs around.  low fatality rate (its a very safe job), great retirement (at my expense), they get to play with leo only toys, and they get to push people around whom they do not like.

sheesh! of the ten job catagories of job fatalities, cops are in 6th place and didnt even make other catagories.  the only jobs with lower fatality rates are plummers, electricians, and pilots.

face it, cops have it EASY, and are nothing but a bunch of cry baby cowards.  wah! wah! my job is so hard. wah! wah!

job fatality statistics

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will.  If a dog attacks  any person, ESP a child,  in your yard,  my yard,  the lobby of the local fried chicken place, Location is not a consideration other than having a safe backstop.

Doggie goes bye bye.    It does not matter if the child should have been there or not.  It does not matter that the dog is a loving member of someone's "family".

I prefer shotguns for dogs myself, but I'm not above using garden tools.

Are you honestly telling me that it's perfectly ok to have someone savaged by an animal strictly because of the location of the attack?

Better teach your kid some fucking respect then if he jumps into other peoples backyards.
You also better not own a pool.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'm waiting for the blue wall to show up and tell us why the good officers were in the right.

And so they have arrived to defend the dog killer.

I'm not defending anyone.  I'm busy with the usual reality challenged.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I swear you guys must go out of your way to find these dog shooting stories.  And as usual; some of you have some of the most assinine views on stuff.

And for the record, I see the city paying for the dogs; but that'll be it.

What an asshole.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Not a chance that a non-neutered pitbull wasn't barking. Those Chows had to have been fixed.  Any male dog that still has its nads is VERY territorial, especially with his dam there.

These officers handled the situation badly.  I stand by my reprimand statement.  Even if they HAD TO, absolutely no choice, drop the hammer on those dogs, what they did afterwards was unconscionable.  They policed up their brass and left with nary an offer to call a vet.  Had they done that, this whole thing would be a non-issue.  But by doing what they did, they left the impression that the dog owner was 'little people' while the LEOs were the powers that be.  A cop is just another citizen.  They are not a special class of citizen.  They are the same as any law-abiding citizen of these United States.

You may disagree.  I hope you do not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why do people keep saying things like this.  it is completely untrue.  if anything they have one of the easiest jobs around.  low fatality rate (its a very safe job), great retirement (at my expense), they get to play with leo only toys, and they get to push people around whom they do not like.

sheesh! of the ten job catagories of job fatalities, cops are in 6th place and didnt even make other catagories.  the only jobs with lower fatality rates are plummers, electricians, and pilots.

face it, cops have it EASY, and are nothing but a bunch of cry baby cowards.  wah! wah! my job is so hard. wah! wah!

job fatality statistics

So speaketh the clueless.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

job fatality statistics

So speaketh the clueless.

just look at the facts fool.  facts dont care wether you "feel" they are correct or not.

cops are crybaby cowards simple as that
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#37]
So it's the general opinion of the board, that the police should not pursue a dangerous wanted felon, becuase someones dog might get hurt?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
ILLEGAL ENTRY.

Nope. Exigent circumstances; Hot Pusrsuit of a fleeing felon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Searching for and hot pursuit are too different things
- Right..."hot pursuit" is a termed used by some groups when talking about vehicle pursuits.  As for the K9 being there, that too can be considered a pursuit if the dog is running hard on a track.  Also read that the suspect was caught in the immediate area.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So it's the general opinion of the board, that the police should not pursue a dangerous wanted felon, becuase someones dog might get hurt?

i prefer to defend myself. thank you very much.  cops are worthless.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Let's see...

+1
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Here, since I have had alot of expect with In pursuit on my property.
First if these dogs are so vicious how the hell did the crook make it back alright?
Second how long does it take to knock on a fucking door and say I need to search your back yard please let your dogs in

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Shots were fired.  Picking up the shell casings...

Probably just repeating learned behavior from the qualification range.  Under stress you revert to your training.  Some CHP offers were found dead following a gunfight with their fired casings in their Uniform shirt pockets.  Becuase during range qual thats what they did with their .38 brass.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#45]

What an asshole
- So I'm an asshole because my point of view differs than yours?  Oh well.  People often don't like it when people don't share the same view on things.

Quoted:
if they HAD TO, absolutely no choice, drop the hammer on those dogs, what they did afterwards was unconscionable.  They policed up their brass and left with nary an offer to call a vet.  Had they done that, this whole thing would be a non-issue.  But by doing what they did, they left the impression that the dog owner was 'little people' while the LEOs were the powers that be.  A cop is just another citizen.  They are not a special class of citizen.  They are the same as any law-abiding citizen of these United States.

You may disagree.  I hope you do not.

- I can see somethign being done about picking up the brass; but not for the shooting (from what I've read).  As for the italisized (sp) portion I dont really agree with it. I wasn't in the dog owner's shoes, so I dont know how I would react if I came home and discovered someone had shot my dog(s).
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here, since I have had alot of expect with In pursuit on my property.
First if these dogs are so vicious how the hell did the crook make it back alright?
Second how long does it take to knock on a fucking door and say I need to search your back yard please let your dogs in

I have been in many foot pursuits.  it takes maybe three seconds to hop one fence, cross the back yard, then hop the next.  often, the dogs will wake up in response to the suspect landing in the yard, but the suspect clears the second fence on time. The pursuing officer gets caught in the open with the now alert dog.

How long does it take to knock on the door, wait for the homeowner to get dressed, answer the door, talk through the door, finally get the door open, then explain for the 10th time what is going on? How long do you think? several minutes at least.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Whats wrong with going to Mexico to see a vet? Some people go to Mexico to see doctors because the cost in the US is fucking rediculous, so why would it be odd to see a vet in Mexico. Do you know how much vets in the US charge?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Leaving out Oddball's lack of penis size for a second,,  some things seem to have been ASSumed.

There is no mention of a fence, gate, etc.

There is no mention of the dogs being restrained by leads or chains.  If there is no barrier or restraint,  it's going to be impossible to get away from  three attacking dogs.

How big was this yard? If I shot a dog in the side yard for example,  I could be almost 200 ft from the house.

The only "witnesses"  are 12 and 13, indoors at the time, and an adult who by her own admission was asleep and was awakened by the gunshots.  Even then, she was able to watch from the kitchen window.  Quite a feat.  the primary individual blaming the police was not home at the time and has a financial stake in the situation.  What a surprise.

K-9 units get into foot pursuits all the time.  I don't know where this idea comes from that because there was a police dog around it was a not a foot pursuit.

Pepper spray washes off, and the effects are transitory. Not that I beleive the guy drove over 300 miles round trip to go to a vet in the first place.  It's very marginal on dogs,  hasn't worked for me yet.  I'd be interested to learn how he goes back and forth across the border with them.  We needed a permit for our dogs on a hunt a few years back,  had to show everything from breeding papers to a rabies vaccination.

If the police picked up the brass,  how are they finding it?

"Dogs always bark"  Leaving out the fact folks train watchdogs NOT to bark,  that's a good one.  The dog that ripped my neighbor's cheek off never made a peep before or after the attack. (rottie)   The only sound at all was the dogs paws  on the concrete.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Ditto on the post that said to the effect Its not likely that a bad guy will be hiding in a backyard with 3 count them 3 pitbulls. Stop and comprehend that. Would a bad guy be hiding in a backyard with 3 pitbulls???????? Survey says NOOOO!!!!!.

I walk my dog around the nieghborhood after I get home from second sift and let me tell you the dogs can't see us 'cause of the fence's, but damm the sure do bark. So the officers would more then likely caused the dogs to bark before they went over the fence.

And finally if I can't have my dog in my fenced back yard where the heck can I have  them Officer????????. limited to the spare bedroom?? bathroom maybe???

I have a dog to provide a little extra protection, but alas I guess That is no longer allowed is it Officer sureshot??
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Hmmmm.....I have a 6ft privacy fence, a sign at the gate that reads: BEWARE OF DOGS (even though my dogs are powder puffs) and the gate is padlocked because we also have a pool.

If some kid jumps the fence and-heaven forbid-one of my dogs actually does bite him or her and the irate (and completely fucking idiot) father returns to shoot my dog, the motherfucker better be wearing triple layers of body armor.

If my dog gets out and bites someone, it's fair game.

COMPLETELY different scenarios.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top