Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#2]
my box at home is totally fubar!

anyone on my email list...watch out! three guys already reported getting sircam off a phoney email from me.

dang!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
my box at home is totally fubar!

anyone on my email list...watch out! three guys already reported getting sircam off a phoney email from me.

dang!
View Quote

^BTT^

I received a random email from Campy as well.  If you have McAfee VirusScan, go to...
[url]http://www.mcafee.com/anti-virus/viruses/sircam/default.asp?cid=2360[/url]
...and it will tell you to update your .DAT file, find/delete the virus, and perform about 10 minutes' worth of operations on your Registry to clear everything up.  I believe you can also download a trial copy, if you don't have any virus software, to get the blasted thing off of your computer.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Goatboy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You saved my ass today.   I got an influx of this virus on my new AR15.com e-mail account.  Instead of getting the virus, I got a message from you guys saying that you had trapped and quarantined the virus.  

I was getting slammed by a bunch of friends that had me in their address books !

AND all of their systems got trashed!

I have not done a good backup in a few weeks and I would have been destroyed if the damn virus had come through.

I am gonna drop all of my other e-mail accounts and stick with AR15.com !

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#5]
My home system got trashed by this piece of crap.  Thanks to David M for the link to symantec on the first page of this thread.  Their guidance helped me remove every trace of the crap.  It put itself into the autoexec.bat file and added several lines to the windows registry.  It filled up my hard drive with garbage files and sent itself to several people in my address book.  It also corrupted several system files that I had to reload from the Windows CD.

Thanks Dave,
Norm
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
3 more hits by the virus today. Mysterious. It's only being sent to the address I use on AR15.com. Hmmm...
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
McAfee didn't help my brother.  He didn't update his version.  His PC is DOA!! At least he doesn't use Microsoft Outlook for email so he didn't send it on.

I've only gotten one in my mail & my eSafe program nailed it.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]
It amazes me that you dipshits on this forum side with the republicans! A mother on welfare is getting way less out of the system than the rich. Do you believe that Hillary is really living on the 8 million from her book sale. "I've got 3 billion . Don't worry about me". When a rich guy like Ross Perot comes to power he can help himself to millions more by changing his tax status 1 nth of a percent! Do you think this guy is really going to get mad when he is drinking a beer watching TV and he sees you on the news getting dragged off to prison for protecting your home with your firearm? Fuck No! He's got no commitment to you or your rights. Its only politics. Vote someone in that will stop giving everything to the rich. Do you think that any politician really thought that aligning with the Christian right was anything more than vote arranging? But they like it when you quote" To him that has shall be added, to him that has not even the little bit that he has will be taken from him".
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT, back on topic, this thing is still floating around. Got 2 copies today. From someone at work, I think. They were both from Advanced Composite Engineering. One had a pretty funny subject line "pslip-" Damn virus wants to lay me off!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top