Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You have much to learn about what "establishment of religion" means.

So enlighten me then.

And remember, the whole phrase is "respecting the establishment of religion". How does the government teaching religion in school not "respect the establishment of religion"?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
My oldest is almost 17. When he was in school here, there was absolutely NO mention of Christmas in school, at all.

I was the room mother for his Kindergarden class, and had to get the cups, plates, and napkins approved before they could be brought into the class....snowflakes or winter theme only.

This year I have a first grader in the same school. They have learned several Christmas carols, and have made Christmas presents, and I have seen activity sheets featuring Rudolph and Santa sent home.

Maybe the pendulum is swinging back to the right a little.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My oldest is almost 17. When he was in school here, there was absolutely NO mention of Christmas in school, at all.

I was the room mother for his Kindergarden class, and had to get the cups, plates, and napkins approved before they could be brought into the class....snowflakes or winter theme only.

This year I have a first grader in the same school. They have learned several Christmas carols, and have made Christmas presents, and I have seen activity sheets featuring Rudolph and Santa sent home.

Maybe the pendulum is swinging back to the right a little.

When I was a little deej86, my mom would come in every year at Christmas and help make Christmas stockings.  We had a Christmas assembly every year.  Christmas songs were included.  We had Christmas parties every year. And this was in the Chicago Public School system.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top