Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
A DSA Stg58 retails for LESS than a SW5 "standard." In fact just to save you from SW and put my money where MY mouth is, I will order you one right now for $950.00 + S/H NIB.

Doublefeed bought the same rifle from me. You can ask him for a unbiased opinion of the rifle and me.

The MP5 receivers from FAC are Special Weapons receivers. The cost of the kit and receiver equals the cost of a completed gun from SW. Not exactly a bargain.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the excellent deal AUG, but you need to re-read my last post. I'm quite satisfied that my Garand can out shoot me, I dont need another battle-rifle. Going in for a Machine Carbine and coming out with an FAL is like going to buy a motorcycle and coming home with a semi.

Its a very lovely offer though.

Thanks,

Ryan
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Well you can still get in on a RRA 9mm complete rifle for $860.00 + S/H. Of course you wouldn't have to tinker with it.[:D]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0LQAAAHsODjhQoFr7WZUfN8ZpMwD8fc8AeRI2Nn*DClLUz*z26!*v0YOIRnV8DI4PF!dMTyVSoIA/Rra02.JPG[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0LQAAADoOhy3RRveUcnlxSe3SObbcYEWm0aQI5xmDymu036l6xXNZLLGiBDeJ8Q7!ns6t!oBfkJo/RRA01.JPG[/img]

Combined with a .223 upper you would have one hell of a convertible rifle.

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What are the kits going for? Where I live I've had trouble getting people to send MG parts in state, so I'm not sure if thats an option.

FAC carries Mp5 recievers? This is news to me but I guess I aught to check it out.
View Quote

From this months FAC handout: parts kit $499.95. Complete stamped receiver $420. Cast receiver that needs more machining $199.95.

Have it professionally done by Jayson as BDC suggests. $200+sh.

Alternatively, if you really want a winter project get those videos for armorer wannabes, and assemble it yourself. There will be "issues" and you may need a pro to fix them up for you. Also you'll have to cut up the shelf thing on the trigger pack yourself, though you can have Jayson take care of those small but tricky issues.

Oh, i've found his website. [url]http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/SW5forsale.htm[/url] see this he'll build one for you for $1300 total.

At this price, you'd have to be fucking looney to hand Todd $1179 for a SW5!

EDITED AGAIN TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH IS INCORRECT. SORRY GUYS!
Edited to add: I'm unsure whether you'll need to 'shelf' the trigger/grip thing. Someone was saying something about a plastic lower? I guess this means SW is saving themselves the trouble of modifying metal by molding their own.

Also, I've never seen the FAC parts kit, I do not vouch for it. If these parts truly are from Pakistan, I have no complaints as they make them under contract and they sure don't look like they're having trouble with them. I'd be worried if they were made by SW with the same finesse and detail that Todd assembles rifles... I hope these are things you investigate before putting down some money on it.

However Jayson has confidence in them... unless he uses Federal Arms parts. I didn't know there was a source of MP5 parts other than SW! It says so here [url]http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/SW5_FinalAssembly.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
FAC got their MP5 parts from SW. They ARE SW parts.

FAC is the latest of those getting hosed by SW. They bought SW products right before SW offered dealer prices direct to the public.

Platic lowers are what HK (Germany) switched to in the 80s and currently use a plastic pictogram lower. You should really do more research before you discuss this stuff.

The cast receivers are NOT available and SW will not be filling any more orders for FAC. I imagine that is fine with FAC.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok guys, I'm not here to argue.

How come no one else trys to produce a HK style clone? Cost issues?

I think there would be a pretty big market for it.

-Jared
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Eh, well, changed my mind. Think I'm going to get a CAV arms M4gery of some sort or another.
Any suggestions? I read good things about them. I'll spend the rest of my incoming grand on a 20-ga auto for the fiancee and a Makarov for myself as well as some goodies for the AR and my SAR2.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

-Jared
View Quote

Someone is. They are just taking the time to R&D the project and do it right. This way the gun will work. I cannot provide details at this time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Eh, well, changed my mind. Think I'm going to get a CAV arms M4gery of some sort or another.
Any suggestions? I read good things about them. I'll spend the rest of my incoming grand on a 20-ga auto for the fiancee and a Makarov for myself as well as some goodies for the AR and my SAR2.
View Quote

Great guns, good price. I just so happen to be doing a group buy on FA.com.

[url]http://www.full-auto.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002661[/url]

Consider yourself invited.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's a challenge - Get 4 SW's together of whatever model you choose.

Tear each one down, marking the parts uniquely.

Then mingle and mix all the parts.

Then out of the parts, assemble 4 fully functional, reliable weapons, crossing parts so that each one has only 25% original parts.

Think it would work?  I bet it would with AK's or AR's.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Aug,
  I trust you will keep us informed. :-)

I think it would be great to have a SEMI HK Clone that someone might actually think was an HK. [:)]

-Jared
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, good break on the group deal. Probably end up getting just a green one and having the buttstock shortened a tad so long as its not prohibitive cost-wise.

End up putting one of those RRA riser rails with the rear sight on them. Sweet looking gun IMHO.

So how does this work? With everyone in different areas of the country and all? I'll have to find a better FFL who doesnt charge 15% for new guns around here. If more WA folk get in I'd be kosher with just co-locating an FFL and doing them all through one.

Thanks,

Ryan
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Platic lowers are what HK (Germany) switched to in the 80s and currently use a plastic pictogram lower. You should really do more research before you discuss this stuff.
View Quote

Damn if I don't feel terribly embarresed by this :( The worst part is I should know better.

:(
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn if I don't feel terribly embarresed by this :( The worst part is I should know better.

We're allowed to make mistakes on this board once in awhile, right? Sorry guys.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wow, good break on the group deal. Probably end up getting just a green one and having the buttstock shortened a tad so long as its not prohibitive cost-wise.

End up putting one of those RRA riser rails with the rear sight on them. Sweet looking gun IMHO.

So how does this work? With everyone in different areas of the country and all? I'll have to find a better FFL who doesnt charge 15% for new guns around here. If more WA folk get in I'd be kosher with just co-locating an FFL and doing them all through one.

Thanks,

Ryan
View Quote

Well once we got everyone "on board" I do the order and ship to the FFL of your choice. I can help you find FFLs in your area who do mostly "transfer" business.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

We're allowed to make mistakes on this board once in awhile, right? Sorry guys.
View Quote

I think I was wrong about something once. I don't remember what it was, but it coulda happened. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Grand, I just sold a whole bunch of project guns from my safe, I never thought I'd make that kind of dough out of a buncha sorry guns that need work and one spurr-of-the-moment M1 Carbine purchase from the last show. Anyhow, the payments aught to start arriving tommorow and trickle in through the time I get off of my Guard rotation on the 23rd or so. I'll be ready with cash in hand then.

Ryan
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll have to find a better FFL who doesnt charge 15% for new guns around here.
View Quote

I'm tagging me UNRELIABLE for tonight, so take my post with a pinch of salt.

If your FFL is charging you anything more than a flat consignment fee and NICS fees, you need a new FFL.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Rebel, email me your zip code and I'll send back some FFL contacts in your area.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I use mine to change the disk brakes on my truck

its so much more reliable than that cheap piece of imported plywood I was using before
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Jared
View Quote

Someone is. They are just taking the time to R&D the project and do it right. This way the gun will work. I cannot provide details at this time.
View Quote

Good to hear.

As long as it isn't that jackass in IL, who has had my gun for well over two years.  As far as I'm concerned, he ranks at the bottom of my list, one spot above Todd...
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Nah, it ain't Jim.

He's got one of my rifles too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

-Jared
View Quote

I seriously investigated this about 2 years ago. Blueprints for a MP5/HK94 reciever are just about non existant. At any price.The cost for making the dies(not a progressive die but 4 separate dies,actually cheaper.)was about $100,000+ US. I took the idea to some tooling outfits in Korea and Taiwan and the tooling would be about 1/3 but there were doubts about getting it all into this country.Since I don't have a shop anymore I just let the idea die.I talked to a lot of HK smiths and they were very enthusiastic about the idea at the time.
   Sometime I'll get ahold of a HK 94 and reverse eng. some drawings and noodle around with idea again.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Hell, I'm to the point where I'd be happy to do a time-share for an MP5.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#25]
what are you guys talking about I'am still trying to convert mine from single shot
to semi-auto; That is not an easy task I tell you.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:14:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I was considering getting one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top