Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
No real problems.  In fact, they typically get some of my money every time I get paid.

The only trouble that I have ever had was when it took 1hr to get any help when I was trying to buy a laptop (I had cash in my pocket and was buying it right then and there).  In their defense it was a busy day and all of the computer types were helping someone else (not too mention I look like the typical teenager who's just drooling over stuff they can't afford).  I did get what I was after and had no trouble once I finally got someone's attention.

The other trouble is that the blue shirts are all over the place and begging to help you when you want to be left alone, but nowhere to be found when you actually need help.  But that's just how life works.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a laptop under one of their warranties (laptops aren't worth the trouble to fix myself) that, after about six months of using it, would randomly not see its CDROM drive.

After coming back from being deployed with it I sent the thing in for repairs.  It came back CND (can not duplicate).  Next TDY, it did the same thing.  Again I took it in, again it came back CND.  Not too long after getting it back for the second time the damn thing started acting up again.

So this time when I take it in I have the tech at the counter try it and low and behold the thing doesn't read.  I have he make sure to note it on the ticket that this isn't just my vivid imagination, but the thing is actually broken.  When it comes back CND the third time (each time taking around three weeks) I have them fire it up at the service counter and what do you know, the CDROM doesn't read.

So I tell them I would like it replaced under the warranty's three repair lemon rule.  The manager's answer, "we can't do that because each time the depot marked it CND, they never actually repaired it three times."

Needless to say I was less than happy with that answer.  After a few days on the phone to everyone in the Best Buy food chain that would listen they finally decided to "do me a favor" and replace the laptop.

That's the last major purchase I have made there.  That and me telling my wife that next time the sensor on the door goes off I'm breaking into a run out of the place, just for fun, has lead to me shopping there much less.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a UltimateTV recorder for $200 with a $100 rebate coupon.
When I got home, I saw that the rebate period had already expired.
I called BestBuy and the manager credited my card for the $100.

Never had any problems with them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#6]
No problems here.  Returned a universal remote that didn't work for my system and they refunded my money with no questions.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Other than havcing high prices I haven't had any problems.  I don't expect their sales people, or even their Geek Squad to know anything so I'm not disapointed there.  I know what I want, or at the very least have a very good idea, ahead of time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Never had an issue, but I've never bought any big-ticket items there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had a laptop under one of their warranties (laptops aren't worth the trouble to fix myself) that, after about six months of using it, would randomly not see its CDROM drive.

After coming back from being deployed with it I sent the thing in for repairs.  It came back CND (can not duplicate).  Next TDY, it did the same thing.  Again I took it in, again it came back CND.  Not too long after getting it back for the second time the damn thing started acting up again.

So this time when I take it in I have the tech at the counter try it and low and behold the thing doesn't read.  I have he make sure to note it on the ticket that this isn't just my vivid imagination, but the thing is actually broken.  When it comes back CND the third time (each time taking around three weeks) I have them fire it up at the service counter and what do you know, the CDROM doesn't read.

So I tell them I would like it replaced under the warranty's three repair lemon rule.  The manager's answer, "we can't do that because each time the depot marked it CND, they never actually repaired it three times."

Needless to say I was less than happy with that answer.  After a few days on the phone to everyone in the Best Buy food chain that would listen they finally decided to "do me a favor" and replace the laptop.

That's the last major purchase I have made there.  That and me telling my wife that next time the sensor on the door goes off I'm breaking into a run out of the place, just for fun, has lead to me shopping there much less.

I had a similar problem. I paid the 250 for the extended warranty and after 3 return repair trips they say it cant be fixed and would replace it.

Problem-After getting a warranty exchange and the upgraded model since they didnt have the original anymore, Great I thought and fair for paying almost 300$ on the warrantee. So I give the guy the form and say this is the computer that will replace the lemon and I wanted a confirmation of closure of this case.

Long to short, I stood around for 2 hours trying to get an explanaition why BB was only refunding an instore gift certificate for 500$ of a $1100.00 purchase. Well sir, you received rebates and we dont have a replacement of comparable value. But you may apply your 500.00 towards the cheapest one we have now at $899.00 :^)  Seems after 2 manufacturer rebates, I was only entitled to 500$. The computer value was 850.00 Warrantey 250$. Well Sir you paid 250$ to get $500 back when you could have gotten nothing.

Call to action, the radio and the newspaper complaint colomn and the word hit the Minnisotta headquarters. They finally gave me a new computer that was put on sale for 699.00 and waved the 200$, 6 months later.

BB is the cheapest most dishonest outfit Ive ever dealt with.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Luckily I haven't had anywhere near the issues I've read about here with Best Buy !!  

I've bought everything from Camcorders, dishwashers, Cd's, DVD's, X-Box/PS2 games and accessories, digital camera's etc.... with no issues at all. I just recently took back a bad X-Box 360 game, that my son got for Christmas, with no hassle at all.
 I bought a DVD Recorder off of their website and it was never quite "right" and locked up frequently. After several LONG conversations with Philips Customer Service they told me to take it back for a new one. It was past the 30 day return period Best Buy Policy allows, and after explaining my problems to the (teenage) Customer Service rep., he took my paperwork to his manager and they exchanged it out NO PROBLEM at all. I didn't go in raising HELL though I expected it might be necessary if they weren't cooperative, but I never had to deal with that.... here in Columbus Ohio anyway    
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#11]
awhile back, they issued a press release saying that the customers who use rebates and deals are bad customers. Now I only go to buy items on special.

Headquarters aren't far from here, and it seems like these are the worst stores. For music or DVDs, I'll just go to T1 (Target) which is less than a mile from my local BB
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top