Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I never had trouble with jamming for a gun your just going to put in your car i say its an excellent choice one if something happens you dont loose a 500 to 700 $$$  gun its way better than any other guns in its price range excluding  surplus maybe. It comfortable to shoot just one thing make sure you get a good grip when you shoot it  or the safety wont disengage
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
OH MY GOD, THE BRASS!

I forgot! The damned brass! My Mini-Max 45 would put almost every other case right between my eyes! I finally got the ejector shaped right to put them out right of me, but it was God awful shooting it at first. That is my only negative on the Mini-Max.

Oh, and Glazer, please don't take this as an attack, but the comparison of Llama to Lorcin is unfair and insulting. They make decent guns at a decent price, not zinc framed POS robbery pistols. How many Llamas have you owned?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
My Max I puts all ejected shells in a nice little pile at about 4:00

I gotta tell ya, even though I only paid $80 for it, I'm so damned happy with the gun that I can't begin to explain.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Had an "older" model a few years ago, never jambed, accuracy was decent, very pleased. The only problem I had was hammer bite, butthe one you pictured has an extended breaver tail, does it not?  For that kind of money, Id say go for it.  Sorry to hear about the crappy gun laws up there, with the pemits and all.  Good luck and post your results, I may get another one.

PS  I put mine in on a trade for a Colt and it jambed at least once every other mag, sometimes more!!!  It was a 1991-A1.  Not bashing Colt, just proveing a point that ANY factory can/will make a lemon.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one about 20 years ago and just like the others have said it was a big POS! Hated them eversince. I hope it works for you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Didnt the early one have a pivoting trigger or maybe that was the Stars. I'll have to look at my PD.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#10]
You get what you pay for...'nuff said...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Oh, and Glazer, please don't take this as an attack, but the comparison of Llama to Lorcin is unfair and insulting. They make decent guns at a decent price, not zinc framed POS robbery pistols. How many Llamas have you owned?

I didn't compare it to a Lorcin.

I said, "It would be like somebody saying they can get a great deal on a Lorcin."

If you had read what I wrote you would not have had to ask the question.  I haven't owned any Llamas.  As I said, "I looked at some at a gunshow once and they did not impress me enough to warrant my money. If you want to send me some I will purchase one and check it out for you."

Between my wife and I we have two Kimber Stainless .45s and a Taurus Titanium .38.  We have owned in the past one SS S&W M686 Classic Hunter .357 and a Browning .40 Hi-power.  I also turned down an offer once of a Davis? or Raven? SS .25 for free.

My money my choice.  My choice of a $200 or so gun for the truck would be a used revolver.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I got one last year as a  B-day present.  I got the full sized  max-1 and she runs fairly well with only a few jams. She like the wolf ammo.(i like it cause its cheap)
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
You are good to go(why) because you didn't pay very much for a good truck gun!!!

You will want to polish the ramp but if stolen heys its a truck gun!!!

Very good low entry pistol!!!

Bob
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top