Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I would rather have this one

THis is a car

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah,I heard they're not making them cause they can't meet future saftey standards or some other such nonsense.

But I think they're making 2-3000 of these things aren't they?

Not exactly "rare"....

Theyre also yanking the plug on SVT.  Ford doesnt give a rats ass about performance or what we like, they only want to cater to soccer moms and door salesmen.  Thats fine, I may have to become a chrysler convert, its that bad to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
150 Grand and you're still driving a Furd.

Pass.

And that Furd spanked everyone's ass back in the late 60's.

Pour tens of millions into a project, and of course it will. Unfortunately, the jack offs at Ford can't seem to build a quality car these days for a reasonable price and one which will last.

$150K or $1M, it's still a Ford.

BTW RobarSR60,

The car you speak of comparing it to a WRX is like apples to oranges. I HIGHLY doubt that Shelby mustang can even try to hold a candle to a WRX on a WRC type race circuit. Driving fast in a loop or straight line isn't all that impressive, to me anyway.

Ford has made cars in the past and present that wil lspank the shit out of a WRX (comparing stock to stock) in a off road track.  Unfortunately, Ford only lets europe have the fun toys.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Pass.

$150k and you are driving THE GIANT KILLER!

I forgot to mention, I saw one on the street outside my house the other day.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
do they accept left nuts as payment?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd rather pay off my house and buy a WRX STi.

And have the same hot rod wannabe grocery getter that thousands of pimpley faced 16 year olds drive every day to school  

No thanks....... I'll take the REAL race car, that there's only a few of......  Period.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And have the same hot rod wannabe grocery getter that thousands of pimpley faced 16 year olds drive every day to school  

No thanks....... I'll take the REAL race car, that there's only a few of......  Period.

Then you should save up, take a trip to Italy, and buy a REAL race car.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you should save up, take a trip to Italy, and buy a REAL race car.

Bahhh........  I'm half italian........

The food's good, but some of our wimminz..... Well.......  Lets just say, Bigfeets probably look better in bikinis...  Certainly gotta shave less, anyways.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pass.

And that Furd spanked everyone's ass back in the late 60's.

Pour tens of millions into a project, and of course it will. Unfortunately, the jack offs at Ford GM can't seem to build a quality car these days for a reasonable price and one which will last.

BTW RobarSR60,

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Meh. For that price, I could get TWO Corvette Z06s, with $20k left over. And the Vette offers better performance.

Pass.

I can't believe no one has called you out on this yet.

Ford GT

550 horsepower @ 6500 rpm
500 torque
0-60 in 3.3 sec

Chevy Corvette Z06

505 horsepower @ 6200 rpm
470 torque
0-60 in 3.7 sec

Out perform? Not exactly. The GT weighs a bit more than the Vette. Same size of rubber on the road. In the real world it would be a drivers race. On the track it would be a drivers race. Of the line, with pro drivers, the GT's gonna take the Vette.

Obviously you're going to save cash on the Corvette, but everybody's got one. I see a handfull every day. I've yet to see a GT on the road (and I've seen the rarer Enzo). If I did i'd probably have a heart attack.

Wait until the Ford Shelby GT500 comes out and your price argument will be nullified.

65k for Z06
45k for GT500

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:40:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Forgot to mention for all of the Ford haters.

February 2006 Sales figures:

Ford Brand Automobiles Sold
(Not Ford Motor the parent company)

Chevy Brand Automobiles Sold
(Not GM Motors the parent company)

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top