Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Lost a friend a week ago Monday. He thought it was indegestion until it was too late.

Hope you are ok.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's to the Deej!
Hope you get well soon, Deej! (I'm guessing it's not serious.)
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]
You got enough get well soon wishes already, so I'm here to call dibs on ammo and optics.

Really, don't die.  I'll feel like an asshole then.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Rub some dirt on it and walk it off.

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:08:53 AM EDT
[#5]
hopefully it is nothing that can't be fixed with pill or two and some rest.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Praying for you man.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:14:51 AM EDT
[#8]
You're in my thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It sucks, but going in for an eval is better than waking up dead on Christmas. Best of luck to you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Boys don't have anginas....

Here's to hoping it is nothing. Smart move on getting checked out though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Angina?
Boys don't have anginas....

Here's to hoping it is nothing. Smart move on getting checked out though.

My male patients never like to be told they have acute angina.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#11]
better a couple hours flirting with nurses and trying to figure out how to set off the beepers on machines than dying.   prayers for you man,  you got this.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Rub some dirt on it and walk it off.
View Quote
Finally, a serious answer.

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#13]
update in OP.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Glad to hear it. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holiday of Choice to you and your fiancée.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Glad to hear it. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holiday of Choice to you and your fiancée.
View Quote

Thanks! And to you too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks! And to you too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! And to you too.

Glad you are ok!
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#17]
So what happened was, yesterday at work I was working and suddenly-5 short, rapid fire pains around my heart.  

Didn't think anything of it, but told my fiancee' when she picked me up, and she said we'd go to the ER if it happened again.

Went to the grocery store, picked up a neighbor and her kid, took them home, felt a dull ache on the ride back and then tightness in my upper arm after we got back to my apartment.

Fiancee drove me to the hospital.  

Parked in the first lot, had to walk to the ER door, felt a tightness in my armpit.

Got settled in the ER, they had to poke me twice to get a blood return for one set of blood work, then an EKG, then a chest x-ray, then poke two times more, then another EKG, then the doc came back and sent us home.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Glad to hear you're ok man... that's some scary stuff. ..
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The blood work should be back already.  What's your Troponin?

If you can, take a pic of your 12-lead EKG and paste it in here.  It will look like this:

https://www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/~grier/FP-C-11-Nasiff-printout.jpg
View Quote

I hope it doesn't look like that. That looks like it's stent thirty on the night before intervention.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So what happened was, yesterday at work I was working and suddenly-5 short, rapid fire pains around my heart.  

Didn't think anything of it, but told my fiancee' when she picked me up, and she said we'd go to the ER if it happened again.

Went to the grocery store, picked up a neighbor and her kid, took them home, felt a dull ache on the ride back and then tightness in my upper arm after we got back to my apartment.

Fiancee drove me to the hospital.  

Parked in the first lot, had to walk to the ER door, felt a tightness in my armpit.

Got settled in the ER, they had to poke me twice to get a blood return for one set of blood work, then an EKG, then a chest x-ray, then poke two times more, then another EKG, then the doc came back and sent us home.
View Quote

Go see your primary care doctor after the holidays and have him or her set up a stress test for you.
Even though all seemed normal at the ER

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I had something similar about 4 yrs ago - my upper heart side of my chest hurt when I breathed.
Didn't think much of it at first but starting dwelling on it " is this a heart attack?" "Should I drive to hospital?" " call a ambulance?" -- psyched my self in a tizzy.
Around that time my elderly mom was downsizing and moving into my home,she had lots of financial hassles which in turn fell upon me to help her sort - stressed out etc.
Anyway had my mom drive me to emergency room and tests showed nothing - doc said it was pleurisy or something like that - naturally by the time I went to hospital I was cool and felt silly for going. My mind worked me up,over thought it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Really good idea getting checked. You just never know.

I'm 29, and a couple months ago I was in bed almost asleep. I'm kind of in that twilight before sleep and the dogs start going nuts. I kind of jump out of bed and go out to the kitchen and see my buddy coming in, and I go to say hi.

I open my mouth and a terrible pain in my chest dropped me to my knees. A couple seconds later that pain starts going into my left arm. I let everything hash out for 10 minutes  and it started to ease up, so I went back to sleep. Woke up the next morning still not feeling 100% so I went to the doc.

Yep, 29 years old, in good shape and had a heart attack.  Stay frosty young guys, that shit ain't just for old folks.

Glad your ok Deej.

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Take care of yourself but keep it in perspective.  Seven people including a seven year old died in the tornado outbreak yesterday.  
 Be thankful you're not making funeral arrangements for your seven year old or look at  what used to be your home today.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Had chest pains at work.  They went away and came back.  Fiancée drove me to hospital.  They're running blood work.

Update:

Ran a couple of EKGs and a chest Xray. All is ok.

Just got home. Now bed. Gotta go to work tomorrow.
View Quote

Glad everything is OK, Deej.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Had chest pains at work.  They went away and came back.  Fiancée drove me to hospital.  They're running blood work.

Update:

Ran a couple of EKGs and a chest Xray. All is ok.

Just got home. Now bed. Gotta go to work tomorrow.
View Quote

That's GOOD news!

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Bad egg nog
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Take care of yourself but keep it in perspective.  Seven people including a seven year old died in the tornado outbreak yesterday.  
 Be thankful you're not making funeral arrangements for your seven year old or look at  what used to be your home today.
View Quote

I agree.  I'm sorry for their losses.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Good deal on the release, but I think I would follow up with my primary care doc.  Weird sh!t happens.  Cover the bases.

Was rabbit hunting with my dad once late in the season.  After something happened that caused my dad to run a bit, maybe trying to intercept the dogs to pull one that liked to chase deer, he came back to me.  He was pale like I had never seen.  Said he felt OK.  The day went on without incident.  Three or 4 months later . . . heart attack.  I think I'd try to follow up until I was told something even if that was "we can't find anything".
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Fantastic OP! Best Christmas present ever! Have a merry one!

I didn't want to say anything earlier beause of raising false hopes, but I've had intermittent chest pains for the past 40+ years, diagnosed as Costochondritis, a muscular-skeletal problem caused by damaged muscles from overexertion. It feels exactly like a heart attack and has sent me to the ER several times. I play the cautious side because both my parents had heart problems (In spite of that, they lived well into their 90s.)
However, those ER trips did result in catching restricted arteries and an erratic heartbeat early, so now I have a few stents and a pacemaker installed.

Be on the safe side and schedule a visit with a cardiologist. You just never know.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Glad you were smart enough to go to the hospital op,Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#31]
dj, glad you are ok but it could be worse. one of my best friends snapped his collar bone in half on eve eve
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Take care of yourself deej.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not trying to be a downer just pointing out it could be much worse.  Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Glad you're OK, Deej.

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Had same pains Deej, endoscopy showed a huge hiatal hernia last week. Prevacid and no heavy lifting for awhile is what I was told.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Really good idea getting checked. You just never know.

I'm 29, and a couple months ago I was in bed almost asleep. I'm kind of in that twilight before sleep and the dogs start going nuts. I kind of jump out of bed and go out to the kitchen and see my buddy coming in, and I go to say hi.

I open my mouth and a terrible pain in my chest dropped me to my knees. A couple seconds later that pain starts going into my left arm. I let everything hash out for 10 minutes  and it started to ease up, so I went back to sleep. Woke up the next morning still not feeling 100% so I went to the doc.

Yep, 29 years old, in good shape and had a heart attack.  Stay frosty young guys, that shit ain't just for old folks.

Glad your ok Deej.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Angina?
View Quote

This isn't the time for name calling
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hopefully just acid reflux or something harmless like that.

Fingers crossed!  
View Quote

I remember my first experience with reflux, it was definitely a "what the hell is going on here?" moment.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Glad you're ok dude.

Smart thing to go get checked. Better safe than sorry and all that.

Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Glad you're still on this side of the grass.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Did you go to CDH?
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Did you go to CDH?
View Quote

Yes.  The funny thing is my fiancée and I were wanting to do a "dry run" there anyway at some point.  My body had other plans.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good deal on the release, but I think I would follow up with my primary care doc.  Weird sh!t happens.  Cover the bases.

Was rabbit hunting with my dad once late in the season.  After something happened that caused my dad to run a bit, maybe trying to intercept the dogs to pull one that liked to chase deer, he came back to me.  He was pale like I had never seen.  Said he felt OK.  The day went on without incident.  Three or 4 months later . . . heart attack.  I think I'd try to follow up until I was told something even if that was "we can't find anything".
View Quote

Made an appointment for Tuesday.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry to hear, Deej. Hopefully it was nothing much.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#45]
well glad to hear that you are home and resting...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with plenty of wonderful gifts for you and yours...
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
well glad to hear that you are home and resting...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with plenty of wonderful gifts for you and yours...
View Quote

I'm at work till 3:30.  Then the in laws.  No rest for the wicked.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Best to you Deej, get well!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It sucks, but going in for an eval is better than waking up dead on Christmas. Best of luck to you.
View Quote

Almost a Megadeth thread. So close.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

<snip>

No rest for the wicked.
View Quote

And the rest don't need it.

Merry Christmas Deej!

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top