Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never understood how solid fuel is more complicated.  Those model rockets I played with as a kid used solid fuel.  Liquid fuel sounds far more complicated/dangerous.  But I'm not a rocket surgeon.
View Quote
Did you ever try to throttle or thrust vector your Estes kits?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And crickets from MSM on how that black POS that pretty well destroyed our country sold us out But Trump is not calling out 30% of Americans as Nazi's.
View Quote
Hollywood keeps shilling for him
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Somebody is seriously helping North Korea. Their designs are progressing far too rapidly for their level of indigenous capability. It may be the Chinese. It may be the Russians. It could be both. But North Korea is getting a shit ton of assistance from some country with advanced capabilities that far exceed their own. We need to find out who is doing it and fucking gut them economically with sanctions so severe even Kim Jong-un would wince.
View Quote
I agree with SlowpokeRodriguez. Solid rocket fuel is very basic like those toy rockets, kind of like those 4th of July skyrockets, but the technology to fabricate it is quite sophisticated, and would require copious of amounts of technical expertise; who remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
   This guy just put out a thousand tweets about it
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]
China's state run newspaper responds
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#7]
There were several reports last week that latest engines were a Russian design, produced in the Ukraine by one of Russia's largest missile manufacturers. But they were not a state sponsored transfer, likely stolen out of storage by local gangs and sold to NK.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Solid fuel has to be poured and cured without cracks or other defects or it will not burn uniformly at best, and blow up at worst.  Then it has to remain that way until it is consumed.

The anti friction liner between the propellant and case has to be nearly perfect.  Every mechanical joint has to present smooth edges without sharp steps.

The geometry of the propellant fill is most likely more complicated than a simple cylinder, they generally are cast with longitudinal holes for controlling the burn and keeping the combustion more or less in the same location with respect to the nozzle

Simple concept.  Not so simple to implement.
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've posted the same before and was going to post it again - they're getting help, and it looks VERY similar to Russia's weapons.
View Quote
There have been rumors that Yuzhmash/Yushnoye in Ukraine have been helping them
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/ukraine-rocket-maker-denies-leaking-north-korea-49225505

OrbitalATK outsourced their lower stage of their Antares rocket to Yuzhmash/Yushnoye IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

She'll be drawing dicks all over stuff in no time.
View Quote
I've got one she can trace.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top