BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Not any law I know of about lying to a nurse...

No, you have no guns, guns are icky.

Your wife should thoroughly know this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A little history...My teenage daughter had some  surgery 2 days ago. She was sent home with a wound evacuation device that will need to be attended 3 times a week by a home health nurse. While we were in hospital the home health care provider called and my wife spoke to them. They were evidentally setting up visit times, getting directions to our house ect.  They then asked a question and my responded with "yes my husband has numerous weapons in our house and they are under lock and key." I screamed out "It's none of their damn business" (and the little voice in my head screamed DISENGAGE, DISENGAGE, DISENGAGE).
There were further verbal exchanges between my wife and the porson on the other end and she hung up. She was TOTALLY PISSED at me for screaming and commented that the lady on the other end only wanted to know about weapons for her own personal safety. I told my wife for her own personal safety she should have a CCW. I told my NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE needs to know if I have weapons and what use they are for, I don't care who it is.
Just curious what is the hive's take on this? Am I being too sensitive or am I justified in my position? The nurse is scheduled to show up tomorrow evening and I've got half a mind to wear my Ruger Alaskan on my hip when I answer the door. Unfortunately I fear my pie eating days will come to a screeching halt.

THOUGHTS?????

Why did you marry someone that clueless?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Pie is over-rated.Pie means nothing to me now.( Married 2yr old twins).Pie can be replaced.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
None of her business.

Do not open carry. It can be seen as a threat and you can go to jail (3 years mandatory in FL).
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, they ask these questions. Yes it pisses me off. But, it's pretty much the standard short form of questions, now days, and most of the simpletons out and about take this for granted.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No ones business about any weapons you may have in your house, not even ARFCOM unless you choose to tell us.

No ones business, that simple.

I agree, none of their business.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

"nothing accessible".

This.

If they're asking due to child safety concerns, that may be part of their job.

not to know wheter you have firearms, but rather if you have them unattended.

Most people still thinks gun owners leave loaded guns in chest drawers at random.

Some dumbass actually do, and that's a fair concern.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:54:21 AM EDT
[#9]
You sir are correct
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:05:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Gotta look at both sides of this one. No, it really isn't any of their business but considering the way many healthcare providers get treated by patients and their families who (sometimes correctly, sometimes incorrectly) think they know more about medicine, not surprising.

Some procedures are inherently painful, and if someone's kid screams from it and the parent starts intervening, the HCP does not have anyone to call for assistance.

So from their standpoint, yeah, I can understand asking that question.

The calm response of "yes, and they are under lock & key" is pretty good. "That is a personal matter" is also good. Screaming about guns in the background is a GIANT RED FLAG.

I don't much care for intrusive questions, but when healthcare of a family member is in question, I tend to put that first and not be so concerned about the other stuff.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:11:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, they can ask, and you can answer however you like.  Kind of a goofy question though, when you go to people's houses you can expect that a third or more are going to have guns in the house.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:15:35 AM EDT
[#12]
sounds like your wife needs to take a OPSEC school circle before the up coming "96"  b/c it sounds like "shes going to be the one"

since there IS ALWAYS ONE
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:22:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had incorrectly assumed my wife and I were on the same page.

Did you have the OPSEC talk with her prior to this call?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top