Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It's okay, it's kinda boring this weekend.  You're not in town and it gets boring.

Coincidence?

In other news I had a so-so range day today and put Hogue grips on my Sig.  But that's my excitement for today.

You have a Sig??

OMG...I have a Sig too!!

What to Hogue grips look like? Do I need to pimp my sig?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh, and Total Recall is on WGN.  That movie is like Robocop.  I can watch it a million times and it never gets old.  Paul Verhoeven directed both.

Of course, he also directed Showgirls, which is a freakin' disgrace.

But Starship Troopers, the most sublime movie ever made, totally redeemed him.

I think overall Robocop is the most classic movie of his, but Total Recall is better.  Total Recall is great because you never really know if it's "real" or all in his head.  And more importantly, it doesn't matter.

Totally screws with your head.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+

I SO suck at quitting.

How are you Dan?

OMG you smoke??

She only smokes the first quarter of the cigarette.  The peasants can smoke the stubs, right?

I can afford cigs...

I smoke what I want.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey, 4xys2xxs.  Whatcha gonna bake for 82nAbn?  I was thinking about some chochlate oatmeal cookies and maybe one of those soup in a jar thingys.  But I don't want to send duplicates, ya know?

I asked what his fav's were, and was told we just need to fatten him up!

I have Chocolate/White chocolate cookies on the planner this week, and will probably double batch some Chocolate chip ones for him as well.

I'm also thinking about making homemade apple/cinnamon muffins...

I am not used to sending things in the mail, and WORRY about sending anything else.

I'll check and see if there are restaurants near him that I can gift certificate.

Gift cert. are a good idea.  I wish I could send some fattening supper in the mail!  You think muffins and stuff like that would survive the trip and still be tasty?  

I'll overnight it to be sure.

I'm neurotic about food, TOTAL germphobe.  

I recently sent baked goods for the first time, and they were ok after a few days. I seal them in LOTS of wrap, then put them in sealed glad bag things.

I really wish I could just make that boy some FOOD! I can cook, but am lost with how to send anything but baked goods through the mail.

He'll have to deal with local restaurants.

I'm wishing he was closer so I could cook him a home cooked meal of his choice.  He definetly needs some rib sticking kind of food.  And I don't know how to send that through the mail.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think I'm probably going to wait until my cat dies

Ok...Dk...I'm going lay it out, and tell you how it is...

Thats all I really saw.

j/k

Make sure you shoot me an IM when you are in town!

Surfs up, dude!

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+

I SO suck at quitting.

How are you Dan?

OMG you smoke??

I didn't...

Then I did.

I swear...I was 100% quit, then got all stressed out around New Years...

SO...Everybody else was quitting for New Years...

I was lighting up.

COOL!!! I like brunettes that smoke! Well Lady's that smoke in general.. Is show a lack of judgment.. I like Lady's with poor judgement...

I hang out here, with you guys don't I?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#8]
TIme for another Marlboro
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm wishing he was closer so I could cook him a home cooked meal of his choice.  He definetly needs some rib sticking kind of food.  And I don't know how to send that through the mail.

That is exactly my dilemma.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cook it dehydrate it vaccume seal it and ship..
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I enjoyed them too

That was, hands down, the funniest thing I've EVER read in the internet.

HEAR THAT McNasty...

Post your stories here!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#13]
always
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
TIme for another Marlboro

Marlboro Light.

Its a girl thing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's okay, it's kinda boring this weekend.  You're not in town and it gets boring.

Coincidence?

In other news I had a so-so range day today and put Hogue grips on my Sig.  But that's my excitement for today.

You have a Sig??

OMG...I have a Sig too!!

All the cool kids are doing it.

They're just rubber wraparound grips that replace the standard plastic grips.  I'm going to try these out and see if I like them.  So far I do, but we'll see how it handles shooting probably next week.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could try to send me a drink thru the mail though

I KNOW how to send alcohol.

What are you drinking?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STEALTH!!

Here's the

Thank you honey.  I really needed that.

btw... my bucket is filling up.  You got a deep sink?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coincidence?

You have a Sig??

OMG...I have a Sig too!!

All the cool kids are doing it.

They're just rubber wraparound grips that replace the standard plastic grips.  I'm going to try these out and see if I like them.  So far I do, but we'll see how it handles shooting probably next week.

radiant8.dyndns.org:1138/226hogue.jpg

Forgive my naive quesstion but what caliber is that?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Here is my boring Sig:

I think it needs something sparkly, to make it ME...

That is a sig, right?

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thanks!

You were supposed to be low maintinance...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine is a P226 9mm.  Yours is a P220 .45.  Similar pistols, but the 226 has a slightly shorter grip front to back and wider side-to-side and is available in 9mm and .40 (and .357sig I think), while the P220 is only available in .45.  The grip is shorter because of the shorter length of 9mm and .40 while it is wider to accomodate a doublestack magazine.

You see, your bullets may be bigger, but I've got twice as many.

ETA:

I'm kind of impressed about the 220, I figured you for a 239 kinda girl.  Not that that's a bad thing, a 239 is one of the (many) pistols currently on my "buy" list.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

You were supposed to be low maintinance...

Okay, okay.  I'll take care of my own bucket.

Thanks for the beer.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey, 4xys2xxs.  Whatcha gonna bake for 82nAbn?  I was thinking about some chochlate oatmeal cookies and maybe one of those soup in a jar thingys.  But I don't want to send duplicates, ya know?

Those soup in a jar things would be good.  Cookies are nice in small quantities.  I was asking a friend of mine, who is a nurse she said he is prob being advised to watch his fat intake.  Perhaps 82nd is reading and can confirm/deny...or maybe petagunner's wife.

My thoughts were just basics for everyday eating/living.  Easy to prepare, nuke it or add water type of things.

Mrs

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I'm probably going to wait until my cat dies

Ok...Dk...I'm going lay it out, and tell you how it is...

Thats all I really saw.

j/k

Make sure you shoot me an IM when you are in town!

Surfs up, dude!

That was the only really important part anyway - the rest was just me whinging anyway.  

I will totally contact you when I'm going to be out there - I need those surfing lessons!!  If I fail in academia, I'm going to go with my backup plan of becoming a surfer, while mooching off my wife!  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I will totally contact you when I'm going to be out there - I need those surfing lessons!!  If I fail in academia, I'm going to go with my backup plan of becoming a surfer, while mooching off my wife!  

That's funny, that's exactly my plan.  How I'm going to get money out of your wife I haven't figured out, but I'm sure I can hash out the details.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those soup in a jar things would be good.  Cookies are nice in small quantities.  I was asking a friend of mine, who is a nurse she said he is prob being advised to watch his fat intake.  Perhaps 82nd is reading and can confirm/deny...or maybe petagunner's wife.

My thoughts were just basics for everyday eating/living.  Easy to prepare, nuke it or add water type of things.

Mrs

Homemade, canned soup?

Thats beyond me.

I'll be careful of the fat in what I send.

Thanks for the info!

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is my boring Sig:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/kungpoocow/IMG_0883.jpg

I think it needs something sparkly, to make it ME...

That is a sig, right?

Have it ceramic coated a cool color!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
<blah blah blah>

You see, your bullets may be bigger...

Ha HAH!!

I have bigger bullets!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Thanks for the beer.

I was worried about the "Monkey sounds" thing...

Are you missing Loki's place too?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<blah blah blah>

Ha HAH!!

I have bigger bullets!

It's not the size of the bullet, it's where you put them that matters.

At least that's what I tell myself.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mrs

I asked Mrs. Gloftoe and she asked him.  He said all was good but shellfish.
So anybody bive me any ideas on how to send some fried chicken or something up there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'm going to go with my backup plan of becoming a surfer, while mooching off my wife!  

Now...

THERE is a good LIFE PLAN!

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<blah blah blah>

Ha HAH!!

I have bigger bullets!

Sigh.

SUCH a man.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's funny, that's exactly my plan.  How I'm going to get money out of your wife I haven't figured out, but I'm sure I can hash out the details.

Well, considering that she married me, you know that she's completely off her rocker!  That may make your planning difficult.

The huge irony of our relationship is that she is much smarter than me, but her research career has not been succesful, where I have had some success.  So my plan is totally blowing up in my face, because now I am the one who might get tenure, and she'll be able to mooch off me.  

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the beer.

I liked it.  

Everyone there was pretty cool, and our queen was pretty.

If you want I can still make the monkey sounds on cue if you need to get rid of unwanted quests.  Well, that and I can save the buckets.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mrs

Homemade, canned soup?

Thats beyond me.

I'll be careful of the fat in what I send.

Thanks for the info!

It's easier than it sounds.  It's just one of those canning jars with all the dry ingredients.  You ship it off.  And all the recipent has to do is boil some water.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<blah blah blah>

Ha HAH!!

I have bigger bullets!

Sigh.

SUCH a man.

Since when is that a bad thing?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Well, considering that she married me, you know that she's completely off her rocker!  That may make your planning difficult.

The huge irony of our relationship is that she is much smarter than me, but her research career has not been succesful, where I have had some success.  So my plan is totally blowing up in my face, because now I am the one who might get tenure, and she'll be able to mooch off me.  

If you end up as the surfer...

I'd say YOU were the smarter one in the relationship.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#39]
2:08 here
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the beer.

I liked it.  

Everyone there was pretty cool, and our queen was pretty.

If you want I can still make the monkey sounds on cue if you need to get rid of unwanted quests.  Well, that and I can save the buckets.

That place was the "Cheers" of the internet!

I might need the monkey sounds if things get tough here.

I'll let you know!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

She's a woman, that much I assumed, so the whole crazy thing was already factored in.

After I figure out that part of the plan, I'll have to learn how to surf, too, so really this is just the very "rough draft" stage of things at the moment.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

So there was a fat alcoholic named Norm?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just call me Benjamin instead.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I guess its not...

"My bullets are bigger than your bullets..."  

Whatever.

I want a pretty Sig. I NEED a Sig thats ME.

How can I make my Sig speak to me?

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm quite sure there are many.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you end up as the surfer...

I'd say YOU were the smarter one in the relationship.

No kidding.

If I can end up surfing, I would consider myself a success at life, and a genius to boot!  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

If I can end up surfing, I would consider myself a success at life, and a genius to boot!  

Spicoli would be proud!

Dude!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess its not...

"My bullets are bigger than your bullets..."  

Whatever.

I want a pretty Sig. I NEED a Sig thats ME.

How can I make my Sig speak to me?

Hard Chrome?  Pink Gunkote?

One of these?

[parishilton]That's hot[/parishilton]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Hard Chrome?  Pink Gunkote?

One of these?

www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/p239-sas-large.jpg

[parishilton]That's OKish[/parishilton]

How about a darker wood?

OR...better yet, something SHINEY!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#50]
For your listining pleasure Ckick Here
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top