User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#1]
About to get good.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]
So Tribe is saying that Heller & MacDonald should remove the fear of confiscation associated with Universal Background Checks.  However Congress is planning to pass laws that violate the Heller & MacDonald decisions.  

Now magazine bans and 'dangerous' weapons are somehow open to restrictions, even under Heller & MacDonald....
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Blumenthal is eerie. Men with thin lips really bother me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Had to quit watching before I had a rage aneurysm. Tribe is so far off fucking base it is absurd.

He is a dangerous kind of opponent, the type who is educated enough on the subject that he can twist facts and figures to support his position, when they actually blatantly oppose it.

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
This Tribe guy is getting on my nerves.

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#6]
"I like the law, but lets talk about life"

What a stupid bitch.  Get out of here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#7]
All I hear is "forehead forehead forehead forehead forehead....forehead forehead forehead forehead forehead"
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:29:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All I hear is "forehead forehead forehead forehead forehead....forehead forehead forehead forehead forehead"

thats like a 6 or 7 head

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Is it just me, or are her eyes disturbingly far apart?
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I must be missing something...what do touchy feely (and extremely drawn out) personal accounts of people hurting people have to do with lawmaking? Do they ask me to come to hearings to talk about how asshole drunk drivers should have their trucks banned here in Wisconsin? This is the first time I've bothered watching CSPAN without falling asleep, and seeing this dog and pony show, the last.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"I like the law, but lets talk about life"

What a stupid bitch.  Get out of here.

What does this woman's testimony have to do with legislation?  Yes, a shooting occurred and her brother died.  I agree its' tragic.  But guns don't create 'violence', men perpetrate violence.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:32:42 AM EDT
[#13]
OH....SO IT'S OK FOR YOUR FAMILY TO CARRY GUNS, JUST NOT OTHER PEOPLE.

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Gotta look down at her notes and check the provided talking points to make sure she gets them all in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OH....SO IT'S OK FOR YOUR FAMILY TO CARRY GUNS, JUST NOT OTHER PEOPLE.  

But, but, her family is "TRAINED!"
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#16]
It is about time to close all Mississippi pawn shops.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:36:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Suzanna Hupp

"I view myself as a victim of the legislators at the time who left me defenseless.."

She's telling the Luby's story.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:36:35 AM EDT
[#18]
so anything new or the same old BS?
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Suzanna Hupp

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Suzanna Hupp

"I view myself as a victim of the legislators at the time who left me defenseless.."

i hope this goes the way i think it is
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

who said that?
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#22]
"The police were one builiding away in a conference," - Hupp

... but weren't wearing their guns  Police guns were in their cars because the conference host didn't want to "offend the patrons".

"All police had to do was fire a shot into the ceiling, and the guy immediately rabbited into a back room and shot himself in the head."
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#23]
It's good to have a perspective from someone who actually wanted a gun and would of made a difference in a mass shooting.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suzanna Hupp

i hope this goes the way i think it is

She just said it again, "I hold the legislators responsible for my being defenseless"
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Durbin grinning like a shitbag after Hupp telling her story.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm trying to watch this on my Ipad, but it won't play. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#27]
So we have 3 anti's and 2 pro's on the panelists so far?
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Cooper setting up a "but we can regulate it like yadda yadda yadda"

at least that's my sneaking suspicion.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

who said that?

I did, based on the fact without the straw purchaser buying guns in MS and bringing them into Chicago they have no gun problems in their city.

A little bit of sarcasm goes a long way, I didn't think it would get lost in the translation.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cooper setting up a "but we can regulate it like yadda yadda yadda"

at least that's my sneaking suspicion.

I'm also waiting for the twist.  Thus far, he's digging a mighty deep hole to weasel out of though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who said that?

I did, based on the fact without the straw purchaser buying guns in MS and bringing them into Chicago they have no gun problems in their city.

A little bit of sarcasm goes a long way, I didn't think it would get lost in the translation.

ah.. well, it sounded like something feinstein would say. lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm trying to watch this on my Ipad, but it won't play. Any recommendations?

Get a tablet that doesn't suck?
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#33]
"The government may no more prevent a law-abiding citizen from keeping a gun in his drawer any more than they can prevent him from keeping a collection of shakespeare...

Weapons of the kind in common use for lawful purposes

2A doesn't protect those weapons not in common use..."

- Cooper

Common use bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#34]
This guy is kicking ass quoting Heller and the "common use" statement.  Said that magazines with more than 10rounds are UNDENIABLY in common use and that banning them would go against Heller/McDonald
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Cooper... "STANDARD MAGAZINES"

Oh, interesting.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Ban on standard magazines could not pass even intermediate scrutiny.

- Cooper.

Okay, I wasn't expecting that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

- Cooper.

No kidding, he even paraphrased Tribe confirming their common use  
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

- Cooper.

Same here.  What's that guy's background?  I was expecting him to be another "we respect the 2A, but ban anything that looks scary" shill, but he flat out called S 150 unconstitutional and backed it up very simply with the court's own reasoning.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Why don't the legislators and SCOTUS read the writings of Jefferson and the other authors of the constitution when in question over the meanings of the amendments?
I cannot remember who wrote it but I think Jefferson wrote that the second amendment encompassed all the implements of war used by the government and not just sporting arms.
The founding fathers left no question as to what they meant when they drafted the constitution.
I will add these as I find them. All are quotes either written or spoken by Jefferson on the subject of our right to bear arms.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that . . . it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

-- Letter to John Cartwright, 1824. (The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, Memorial Edition (ME), Lipscomb and Bergh, editors, 20 Vols., Washington, D.C., 1903-04, 16:45.

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."

-- Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

"I learn with great concern that [one] portion of our frontier so interesting, so important, and so exposed, should be so entirely unprovided with common fire-arms. I did not suppose any part of the United States so destitute of what is considered as among the first necessaries of a farm house."

-- Letter to Jacob J. Brown, 1808. ME 11:432

"No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms (within his own lands or tenements)."

-- Draft Virginia Constitution (with his note added), 1776. Papers 1:353

"None but an armed nation can dispense with a standing army. To keep ours armed and disciplined is therefore at all times important."

-- Letter to -----, 1803. ME 10:365

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks."

-- Letter to Peter Carr, 1785. ME 5:85, Papers 8:407

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?”
Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why don't the legislators and SCOTUS read the writings of Jefferson and the other authors of the constitution when in question over the meanings of the amendments?
I cannot remember who wrote it but I think Jefferson wrote that the second amendment encompassed all the implements of war used by the government and not just sporting arms.
The founding fathers left no question as to what they meant when they drafted the constitution.

Because dictators and their toadies don't like being told that the framework of the government they're trying to take over explicitly restricts them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who said that?

ah.. well, it sounded like something feinstein would say. lol

Actually, you are not that far of the mark. While the rest of us have been cringing on what is happening in the big cities and the so called '650 mayors who signed on the gun ban and restrictions' ala NYC,Los Angeles, San Francisco these people have been whining about the guns in cities outside their own. That is why they are so aggressive about what is legal elsewhere. That is why Bloomberg, Rohm and others want their influence to spill over away from their own home towns. Don't be glad you don't live there.It is not enough to live somewhere else. They want to export their laws to a town near you. That is why they have been vilifying cities and states thousands miles away.
Bloomberg and alike won't be happy until they feel like they are the mayor of our cities. They want to be America's mayor.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So Tribe is saying that Heller & MacDonald should remove the fear of confiscation associated with Universal Background Checks.  However Congress is planning to pass laws that violate the Heller & MacDonald decisions.  

Now magazine bans and 'dangerous' weapons are somehow open to restrictions, even under Heller & MacDonald....

IMO they will try and repeal it in the future. They know that is something that stands in their way.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Cooper.

Same here. What's that guy's background?  I was expecting him to be another "we respect the 2A, but ban anything that looks scary" shill, but he flat out called S 150 unconstitutional and backed it up very simply with the court's own reasoning.

IIRC he filed an amicus brief supporting Heller. Outside of that I don't know his background.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#44]
back in session
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#45]
They're back.

Webster saying "social cost of $174 billion dollars, $12 billion paid for by taxpayers".

Blah blah blah social cost we must all be good collectivists

"Universal background checks"

"banning future sale and possession of assault weapons and magazines"
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#46]
They're back....

Who's this guy?

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They're back....

Who's this guy?

Dr. Daniel Webster
Director and Professor
Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research
Baltimore, MD

Leftist academic elitist who wants to control everything.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Arguing "NEED MORE CONTROL"

"80% of gun offenders acquire their guns from unlicensed private sellers"
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Webster arguing for handgun pistol purchase permits in Missouri...

y'know the kind of permits used so the racist sheriff can say "No, boy, you don't need a gun"
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Webster "current laws make it difficult to hold people accountable"

Yeah, like fucking fast and furious... what a fucking shitbag.

Blaming Tiahrt amendment.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top