Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck the UK.    

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They are not using sat pictures to track speed. What they are doing is calculating your speed from point A to point B and using the camera's known GPS position and networked cameras to calculate it.

You are driving along. You pass camera A who reads your plate. You make a couple of turns. Go down a different road and pass camera B who reads your plate. They know the shortest route between the cameras and the speed limits on that route and calculate it takes X amount of time to travel that distance. If you show up before X amount of time they know you were speeding and issue a ticket.

-Foxxz

It;s the same system they use on turnpikes and toll roads throughout Europe to catch you speeding… they know when you passed the entry toll booth and took your ticket, they know when you reach the exit toll booth and hand over the ticket… arrive too soon, instant speeding ticket in the post.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1. Drive a truck
2. Place the tailgate down and place a piece of wood in the bed if need be
3. ?????
4. Profit

ALPR cameras read your front plate for this very reason amongst others…

Texas requires a front plate.  I haven't had one on my truck in years.

Just sayin'

Yeah, but the first thing that happens when ALPR speed cameras are introduced is they stage a patrol car downrange of the speed trap and any car that gets pinged and the camera throws up a 'NO HIT' because the plate is missing or obscured gets pulled and ticketed.

Dunno about 'over there', but the fine for having a missing plate is bigger than the speeding fine 'over here'.

No front licence plate needed in FL.... for the time being. But the speed traps and red light cameras and toll cameras..... ever have the feeling that you are being watched???

I have my old Triumph sports car for going quick in safety…  It has the old fashioned aluminum black painted plates that were banned in 1972 but cars made before that date were allowed to keep using them.
A bit of tarnish and they are unreadable on ALPR systems.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top