Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Forget about voter ID cards - lets make EVERYONE that votes dip their finger in ink so peers "know" everyone that voted.  First sumbitch that isn't a citizen that has ink - gets reported and arrested for voter fraud.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
So while I own land and a house, because I am debt free I could not vote...  Oh well, guess I would just buy a vacant house to vote...

Really, being debt free is not an excuse to take away your rights.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Stupid, retrograde idea.

Not just no, but hell no.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]
No dual citizens can vote
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And just made the military ineligible to vote.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You made it too complicated.

Must not get back more from the government than they pay in

Solved all the countries problems

And just made the military ineligible to vote.  

I think he meant in taxes. At least I hope that is what he meant.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

id be happy if we could just require a picture id, and voter registration.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'd be happy if they just required voters to be legal citizens and living.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be happy if they just required voters to be legal citizens and living.

This. Voting only 1 time would be a plus though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Age 18 or older
Voter ID card required
Must be a real property owner
  real property definition:  0.5 acre or more of land, condominium, house, multi family building, building
  a person or persons holding a mortgage in good standing on a property qualify
  if married or other, both names must appear on the mortgage/deed/paper work to be able to vote [if your wife wants to vote her name must be on the mortgage or deed]
  LLC's, trusts, partnerships are not eligible - being party to a trust, partnership, or LLC does not count
  cars, pickups, RV's, motorhomes, trucks, etc. do not qualify as real property for the purposes stated here
The above property qualifications can be waived if the person is a honorably discharged service member or current serving service member.

For state level and below elections, the current qualifications will apply.
If you are not a property owner or service member, you can still vote in local and state elections.
View Quote

How about No.  There is a right to vote, just like a right to keep and bear arms.  A quick background check to make sure that you are not a "prohibited person" (all conditions that prevent you from owning or possessing a firearm apply to voting).  You have to fill out a form similar to a 4473 to vote.  A voter I.D. card is then issued which is scanned into the system to ensure that you only vote once.  

Absentee votes have a place for the I.D. number to be placed and is scanned in on your ballot.  The scanning system does not keep track of your name or any other personal data, other than if the card is valid.  

Voter registration in the field can be done and a card issued, but the card only activated after an O.K. from the "instant' background check is completed.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#9]
18+ with a valid US ID.

Boom. Done.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Age 18 or older

Voter ID card required

real property definition:  0.5 acre or more of land, condominium, house, multi family building, building

if married or other, both names must appear on the mortgage/deed/paper work to be able to vote [if your wife wants to vote her name must be on the mortgage or deed]

LLC's, trusts, partnerships are not eligible - being party to a trust, partnership, or LLC does not count

cars, pickups, RV's, motorhomes, trucks, etc. do not qualify as real property for the purposes stated here

The above property qualifications can be waived if the person is a honorably discharged service member or current serving service member.

If you are not a property owner or service member, you can still vote in local and state elections.

View Quote

Complete & total pipe dream, but I'm guessing you already know that.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm fine with ID only.
View Quote

except for states that issue IDs with no citizenship requirement.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't own property. I never served.

I'll keep my voting rights, thanks.

Requiring a Real ID would be nice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Forget about voter ID cards - lets make EVERYONE that votes dip their finger in ink so peers "know" everyone that voted.  First sumbitch that isn't a citizen that has ink - gets reported and arrested for voter fraud.
View Quote

And early / mail in voting needs to be seriously curtailed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didn't own property while serving in the Marines overseas.  

And I damn sure think I earned the right to vote.
View Quote

You did.

I think a property ownership requirement is stupid.

On the other hand, anyone who has been receiving government handouts on the taxpayers dime for over 90 days should not be allowed to vote. I am not talking about social security/disability/medicare rather food-stamps, cash assistance or state/federal healthcare assistance.  

Be able to care for yourself and you can vote. I hate the idea of two guys voting, the guy in one booth is paying for the other guys meals and that guy votes himself a raise.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Age 18 or older
Voter ID card required

View Quote

This would require amending the Constitution. You do realize that, right? Do you really want to formally empower the Feds to controul elections?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
18 years or older
No blue ink on the left index finger.
View Quote

Much easier for your kind to keep committing voter fraud that way.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quit paying your property tax and see if you really own that land. Unless you have a land patent.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top