Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a good deal to me. I wouldn't have a problem shopping at Dick's Sports, I'll buy Troy products too. I buy the products I want at the places with the best prices.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I wont spend a dime in that place.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Really?    Hanoi Jane was a traitor who worked with the enemy.  Dick's never said a negative word about guns, the second amendment, or assault weapons.  They simply stopped selling AR15s.  Please explain how Dick's making a business decision to not sell a product is the same as betraying the second amendment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are the Hanoi Jane of sporting stores.

Really?    Hanoi Jane was a traitor who worked with the enemy.  Dick's never said a negative word about guns, the second amendment, or assault weapons.  They simply stopped selling AR15s.  Please explain how Dick's making a business decision to not sell a product is the same as betraying the second amendment.

They sold a lot of guns to people,then failed to deliver them due to their PC beliefs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The butthurt is strong here.

Just passing along a good deal...

Taking a leap here, but more times than not pro-gun=conservative.

Conservative=pro-business, capitalism and freedom of choice.

Maybe Dick's made a decision that they thought was in the best interest of their company, financially or otherwise. Time will tell whether that is true or not.

And you have the right to not shop there, but $100 says 9 out of 10 of you would buy something there if it was a good enough deal and you needed it. You just wouldn't brag about it on arfcom.

For those of you saying you can get a better deal, post it.
View Quote

Go try and buy an ar15 at Dicks. See what kind of deal you'll get. We have a new Dicks being built, I will never step foot in that one or any other.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

might want to put that shovel down

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The butthurt is strong here.https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_soapbox.gif

Maybe Dick's made a decision that they thought was in the best interest of their company, financially or otherwise. Time will tell whether that is true or not.

And you have the right to not shop there, but $100 says 9 out of 10 of you would buy something there if it was a good enough deal and you needed it. You just wouldn't brag about it on arfcom.

This
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#6]
By your math, I guess that makes me 1 out of 10, and I used to spend a LOT of time and money at Dick's.  F them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They sold a lot of guns to people,then failed to deliver them due to their PC beliefs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got numbers on that or are you speculating that it was a lot?  They stopped taking orders within days of Sandy Hook which was before the full scale panic kicked in.  They also gave a $100 gift card to everyone that had an order cancelled.  How many people do you think order a $1,200 Troy AR15 in those few days?

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You got numbers on that or are you speculating that it was a lot?  They stopped taking orders within days of Sandy Hook which was before the full scale panic kicked in.  They also gave a $100 gift card to everyone that had an order cancelled.  How many people do you think order a $1,200 Troy AR15 in those few days?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Troy AR was $800 IIRc, and from the posts on here quite a few people bought them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Or what?

I might get scolded by a bunch of keyboard warriors?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The butthurt is strong here.https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_soapbox.gif

Or what?

I might get scolded by a bunch of keyboard warriors?

you might get fed

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll never buy from Dicks again either.

The worst part was paying for the Troy rifle, and then they held my money for a month, I didn't get it returned to me until AFTER sandy hook, when it was impossible to buy an AR
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Whoopdie fucking doo.

How many people did Dicks fuck after Sandy Hook again?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#12]
But what if Dick's had .22LR?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The Troy AR was $800 IIRc, and from the posts on here quite a few people bought them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was their Black Friday price and seems to be the source of all the butt hurt.  I've only seen a handful of people say that they put in a back-order for the rifle and didn't get it.  They did get $100 gift card for nothing though but apparently that isn't enough as they were whining that Dick's owes them full MSRP on the gun.  To be honest that sounds like the FSA, they are already given free money and then claim they are owed more for doing nothing.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suggest you do some research The owner of Dicks is anti gun. If you haven't noticed they have never sold handguns and the only reason they did carry ar15's per Newtown wad it is the best selling rifle of any type in the US the past decade

They pulled ALL semi auto rifle types after Newtown and still refuse to stock them

Their attempt to get the market back has been to launch the Field and Stream line of stores that do sell handguns and modern sporting rifles but anyone who knows the score boycotts them also

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Sadly, if I wanted that gun and it was $10 at dicks and $400 elsewhere, I'd pay the $400.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not a dime.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Man...   I went into Dicks Sporting Goods, a couple of months ago to kill some time while my wife was shopping at Target.  since it was in the same parking lot, and there is not a whole lot interesting things for me at Target, I decided to kill time at Dicks

I started to shoot the shit with the guy behind the gun counter, just to see if he knew his shit, on some of the guns things he had for sell....

To my surprise, he was Fairly knowledgeable, in the realm of hunting rifles and shotguns, and although he was no Expert, and had a lot to learn, I have to give him a little credit,  for at least knowing the differences between the various Firearms and different cal. and such....

but then, I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM, AND HE ACTUALLY REALLY TICKED ME OFF....!!!

I started to ask him what's the deal with all the 22lr ammo, and how I can get my hand on some....

he started to tell me "good luck on getting some" and I would just have to come in early in the mornings and check to see if they have put any out...

then he kept trying to hint to me, to check around on Craigslist...

later on, he slipped up and told me that he had stock piled over 9,000 rounds of it, when he notice how everyone was coming in the mornings and going straight to the .22lr ammo...

he said with his discount, he was getting it dirt cheap,  and that he would hold bricks back every time it came in...  and either pay for it when he got off the clock... or call his room mate to come buy it...  His Room mate just so happened to work at a different dicks closer to the Community college he was attended,  and he and his room mate would hold back at each store, when ever it came in, and they had been selling it on craigslist for $85 a brick of 500 rds....!!! for extra cash...!!!! or cool trades...

but he really pissed me off when he said every now and then he would let a brick go for $45 or so... if he came across a guy that was like a dad just looking for some ammo to teach his boy to shoot...

who was this guy to decide who gets ammo and what price...

I started lay in on him, and he started to back pedal, and try and explain,  that it was ammo he had bought befor the panic,  and he just stock piled because it was so cheap befor the panic... (I guess he forgot he had told me that he and his "room mate' held back at each other's store when it came in..! )  and then he excused himself to the back to check on something, and never came back out....

Pissed me Off....!!!!  freaking Dicks at Dicks...!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey OP anymore at the Dick's you went to? If they do and it's anywhere near cook/will/du page county IM me the location please.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The butthurt is strong here.

View Quote

I'd get a better deal by paying full fucking retail somewhere that sells ALL weapons, and not giving my money to anti-black-evil-scary gun shit-dick PUSSIES like DICKS.  

FUCK them.

K., I'm done.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
But what if Dick's had .22LR?
View Quote

I wouldn't set foot in a Dick's if they were giving away boxes of .22LR
Dick's can eat a bag of Dicks
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Decent deal....but that hydrodip is a deal-killer for me.

But congrats on your new shotgun. Now go out and shoot it!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Dicks is for pussies.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#23]
13er
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top