User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

here is just one of the mods that people have done to the original stock to make it more attractive

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/hpba2.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/hpba3.jpg

I like that.  This plus a VFG would be much win.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/004.jpg

Got a link on how to do that? I may have to pick one up for that

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the stock in question, I assume. Just found this pic on google

My Kimber runs everything without a hitch.  My buddies Hi Point .45 lost its rear sight after about 200 rounds.  Yes they do have a lifetime warranty, but they wanted him to send the gun back on his dime over night with return over night shipping and then pay something out of pocket to get a new rear sight put on, which would have brought his cost to repair it to almost what he paid for it.  I had nothing but good service from Kimber when I called them.  

You get what you pay for.  I guess they work for what they are meant to do.  I would never bet my life on one.  

I highly doubt they want him to pay for anything except the shipping.

I  sent my carbine in for some rust and a gap in the stock they replaced everything except the BBL and slide for free and sent me 2 mags back to offset the shipping cost. They have the best warranty going. If your "buddy" wants to get rid of his I will gladly take it because I know how their waranty really works.

Shipping one way is the only thing he will have to pay.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes they do have a lifetime warranty, but they wanted him to send the gun back on his dime over night with return over night shipping and then pay something out of pocket to get a new rear sight put on, which would have brought his cost to repair it to almost what he paid for it.

Either you misunderstood, or your buddy lied to you. Either way, that's not how it is.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thats most likely the updated stock model.

Looks a hell of a lot better than the old one, I'll say.

If I was in the market for a cheap 9mm plinker, I'd get one.

Contrary to what you hear a lot, theres really nothing wrong with Hi Point. Those carbines are good guns.

Yep.  The little HP carbines are fine little rifles.  I've got one that's really old and has been having problems though.  It's on its way back to the mothership for service.

Given how cheap they are, I might retire that one and get one with the new stock.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
here is just one of the mods that people have done to the original stock to make it more attractive

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/hpba2.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/hpba3.jpg

I like that.  This plus a VFG would be much win.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/Eklypse13/004.jpg

Got a link on how to do that? I may have to pick one up for that

The 5th post down is the guy who did it and he posted a how too looks straight foreward but i am all thumbs. I would love to do it to mine though.

http://hipointtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2720&start=60
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contrary to what you hear a lot, theres really nothing wrong with Hi Point. Those carbines are good guns.

Agreed on the Carbines.  I have shot one and I rather liked it.  I haven't heard much bad about them either.  Their pistols, though, are junk from what I've heard, though I have no first hand knowledge of that.

As much as I liked the Hi-Point though, I decided to go with a Kel-Tec.  They're another good carbine in the same calibers (9mm & .40).

-K

I owned a 45 ACP HiPoint pistol for a while.  It seemed OK to me, it never jammed once while I owned it (which I can't say for my 1911) and accuracy was pretty good.  Ended up trading it on aforementioned 1911 because the shape of the grip was very uncomfortable for me.  Besides that (and the weight) I really don't have anything negative to say about it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a FACTORY stock, not aftermarket.

Still an ugly gun, but miles better than before

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/lloydkristmas/hi-point.jpg

That 'stock' in question is the 4595 Carbine that has not yet gone into production yet. It's a .45ACP Carbine that Hi-Point has been working on for quite some time. It wiil (when offered commercially) carry the same 'no questions asked' lifetime warranty that comes with all Hi-Point firearms..

Currently, you can purchase a 9MM and a .40 in their carbine line.

Bash Hi-Point all you want. They are one American Company that stands behind its product.

Henceforth, I stand behind them. (plus I love my .45 JHP, it runs when a Kimber wont)

See my above post about my JHP.  Say what you want about its looks, the damn thing just ran.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Did anyone mention they are rated for +p and +p+ ammo
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
If HiPoint came out with a doublestack version of that gun, it'd be pretty much like a license to print money.

How many times do you hear the range warriors proclaiming they want a 9mm carbine, but they don't want to pay the money for a 9mm AR? That thing would sell like hotcakes.

KelTec would sell a metric load of Sub2000s as well if they would just get the damn 9mm Glock mag models back into stores again! I haven't seen one of those in probably a year or so.

I've been wishing they would turn out a version of the Sub 2000 in .45 ACP, using Glock 21 mags.

I suspect they've been too busy doing R&D on that new .308 bullpup of theirs.

I wish like hell someone would make a 45 ACP carbine that took 1911 magazines that didn't cost $1000 damned dollars
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
If HiPoint came out with a doublestack version of that gun, it'd be pretty much like a license to print money.

How many times do you hear the range warriors proclaiming they want a 9mm carbine, but they don't want to pay the money for a 9mm AR? That thing would sell like hotcakes.

KelTec would sell a metric load of Sub2000s as well if they would just get the damn 9mm Glock mag models back into stores again! I haven't seen one of those in probably a year or so.

I've been wishing they would turn out a version of the Sub 2000 in .45 ACP, using Glock 21 mags.

I wish like hell someone would make a 45 ACP carbine that took 1911 magazines that didn't cost $1000 damned dollars

You mean like this one?

http://www.notpurfect.com/main/campgun.htm
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Man those things are fugly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Just as a teaser.......and buddy of mine and I are working on a magazine conversion for the High Point carbine.

I'm thinking sten mags.....or Glock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#15]
It looks better, but not great.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed on the Carbines.  I have shot one and I rather liked it.  I haven't heard much bad about them either.  Their pistols, though, are junk from what I've heard, though I have no first hand knowledge of that.

As much as I liked the Hi-Point though, I decided to go with a Kel-Tec.  They're another good carbine in the same calibers (9mm & .40).

-K

I owned a 45 ACP HiPoint pistol for a while. It seemed OK to me, it never jammed once while I owned it (which I can't say for my 1911) and accuracy was pretty good.  Ended up trading it on aforementioned 1911 because the shape of the grip was very uncomfortable for me.  Besides that (and the weight) I really don't have anything negative to say about it.

Dude. You just said a Hi-Point feeds more reliably than a 1911. In before the inevidable shitstorm.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#17]
love my two carbines.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Kimber runs everything without a hitch.  My buddies Hi Point .45 lost its rear sight after about 200 rounds.  Yes they do have a lifetime warranty, but they wanted him to send the gun back on his dime over night with return over night shipping and then pay something out of pocket to get a new rear sight put on, which would have brought his cost to repair it to almost what he paid for it.  I had nothing but good service from Kimber when I called them.  

You get what you pay for.  I guess they work for what they are meant to do.  I would never bet my life on one.  

I  sent my carbine in for some rust and a gap in the stock they replaced everything except the BBL and slide for free and sent me 2 mags back to offset the shipping cost. They have the best warranty going. If your "buddy" wants to get rid of his I will gladly take it because I know how their waranty really works.

Overnight shipping for a firearm with FEDEX is how much?  About $75.00 from here.  Which is half of what he paid for his Hi Point.  Not worth the hassle.  I am sure he would sell it.  I will ask him and if so put it on the EE here.  Its a Hi Point .45 without a rear sight.    
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, that's a helluvan idea.

The Sub 2000 in .45 taking 1911 mags would be excellent. One of the most common mags out there, and reliable feeding to boot!

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Overnight shipping for a firearm with FEDEX is how much?  About $75.00 from here.  Which is half of what he paid for his Hi Point.  Not worth the hassle.  I am sure he would sell it.  I will ask him and if so put it on the EE here.  Its a Hi Point .45 without a rear sight.    

When I ived in Misourri I only paid 22$ for shipping and it wasnt over night. I'm not sure why you are stuck on over night shipping its not required. dont forget to write "machined parts" on the box.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top