[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoulda spent 3k more and bought a KIA.

View Quote

hahaha, we traded in a KIA on the Dodge
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you like the Pentastar v6 OP ? I'm on my second Pentastar and my Father just bought a Crossroad with one a few months back. My buddy just bought a Jeep with the V6 also, and so far we are all loving the engine.

My Ram 1500 Pentastar v6. Pic is from the dealer,it's been upgraded with some goodies since.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of dodges litterally today going out for my lunch break I saw a ram 1500 with a crew cab and 8 ft bed. I was thinking to myself that's a long ass truck.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Congrats, OP!  Haters gonna hate.  

We also bought a Durango this last October, a 2014 Limited AWD w/Premium Package (and V6).  We absolutely love it!  It's my wife's daily driver, but I try to steal it whenever I can.  We're at 7500 miles so far.

Like you, we also looked at the 4Runner.  The 4Runner Limited would've been about the same price as this, but I didn't feel the value was there.  The Durango is more comfortable, had more options, and I (6' tall) can actually fit in the 3rd row if I wanted to.  Not even possible in the 4Runner.  Additionally, we don't go off-roading so the 4WD would've been overkill.  The AWD in this has been great through the winter snows.  

Enjoy it!!  

url=http://i.imgur.com/QUt0VLS.jpg?1]http://i.imgur.com/QUt0VLS.jpg?1[/url]

View Quote

You sound exactly like me. I prefer comfort and to me the 4Runner was too blocky, sort of like a giant lego on wheels. Of course, it really wasn't really up to me because like you, its my wife's daily grind. I drive an '06 Trailblazer daily and probably will until it dies.

My next door neighbor bought a new Hyundai Sante Fe last fall and I've ridden in that a few times in the 3rd row.....holy shit its small, same goes for the KIA we traded in. The Durango on the other hand is spacious and I wouldn't mind riding in the back on a long trip.

I just order the Weather Tech floor mats for the Durango and this Saturday I am getting the front two windows tinted. The only other thing I'm doing to it is having the dealer install the remote start.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good-looking wife!
View Quote

Thanks, she cleans up nice.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Good lookin' Dodge man.

Should get you up that hill in the winter.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hot wife, nice car, dude you're living the good life; congrats!
View Quote

I can't complain. That picture was taken this past December after graduating finally from college. (I'm 35)
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]
We could have been brothers.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Except for quality. That's a feature the Durango doesn't have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was hoping you'd get the 4Runner.

I could have pointed you in a few directions for deals if you needed help.

I really wanted the 4Runner but it just didnt work out.

The Durango has every feature the 4Runner does and a few more.

Only time will tell.

If it turns out to be a shit sandwich I will post about and get a new vehicle.

Trust me, I was skeptical about the KIA when we bought it in 2011, but it turned out to be a nice ride.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You sound exactly like me. I prefer comfort and to me the 4Runner was too blocky, sort of like a giant lego on wheels. Of course, it really wasn't really up to me because like you, its my wife's daily grind. I drive an '06 Trailblazer daily and probably will until it dies.

My next door neighbor bought a new Hyundai Sante Fe last fall and I've ridden in that a few times in the 3rd row.....holy shit its small, same goes for the KIA we traded in. The Durango on the other hand is spacious and I wouldn't mind riding in the back on a long trip.

I just order the Weather Tech floor mats for the Durango and this Saturday I am getting the front two windows tinted. The only other thing I'm doing to it is having the dealer install the remote start.

http://i.imgur.com/QUt0VLS.jpg?1
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We also bought a Durango this last October, a 2014 Limited AWD w/Premium Package (and V6).  We absolutely love it!  It's my wife's daily driver, but I try to steal it whenever I can.  We're at 7500 miles so far.

Like you, we also looked at the 4Runner.  The 4Runner Limited would've been about the same price as this, but I didn't feel the value was there.  The Durango is more comfortable, had more options, and I (6' tall) can actually fit in the 3rd row if I wanted to.  Not even possible in the 4Runner.  Additionally, we don't go off-roading so the 4WD would've been overkill.  The AWD in this has been great through the winter snows.  

Enjoy it!!  

The Weather Tech floor mats fit great.  We bought them for the front and back, but still need one for the cargo area.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice wife unit
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How do you like the Pentastar v6 OP ? I'm on my second Pentastar and my Father just bought a Crossroad with one a few months back. My buddy just bought a Jeep with the V6 also, and so far we are all loving the engine.

My Ram 1500 Pentastar v6. Pic is from the dealer,it's been upgraded with some goodies since.

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx323/progun1911/1C6RR6FG5ES353678_2.jpg

View Quote

I don't know, I just got but I did drive about 100 miles yesterday and it seemed to have good power and transmission was really smooth. I think this engine has 275 horsepower but don't quote me on that.

A friend of mine has a 2014 Jeep and he loves the engine and said it gets great gas mileage.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Speaking of dodges litterally today going out for my lunch break I saw a ram 1500 with a crew cab and 8 ft bed. I was thinking to myself that's a long ass truck.
View Quote

...and rare.

I almost never see long beds anymore. Most trucks are basically kid haulers these days.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good lookin' Dodge man.

Should get you up that hill in the winter.
View Quote

I would hope so. The KIA did ok this past winter, it too was AWD.

My trailblazer is only 2wd and its been parked at the bottom of the hill several times in the snow.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We could have been brothers.

http://i.imgur.com/3ZReM5ll.jpg
View Quote

The black TRO Pro is what I really wanted, the wife wanted a black on black limited. Neither of which are easy to find and anything over $40k scares the shit out of me.

Nice ride, you are one of the few lucky ones to own one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Weather Tech floor mats fit great.  We bought them for the front and back, but still need one for the cargo area.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy it!!  

I didn't order one for the back either, oh well maybe later I'll get it. Its $109 for that single mat.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nice wife unit
View Quote

Thanks! She is far better than I deserve, trust me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I really wanted the blacktop edition but the Ralleye is the same I think except the wheels are different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just ordered a 2015 True Blue Pearlcoat R/T Durango.  Added 2nd row captains and a tow package.  Will see what rebates are available when it comes in, but total before TTL was ~$40, 037.  The R/T had all of the stuff we wanted without having to add it in a package group (like the V8, remote start, power liftgate, etc).

Just wish the Blacktop rims were available for this color choice.  I will have to see what the Rallye rims look like with the blue...may have them powder coated or look for a trade.

I really wanted the blacktop edition but the Ralleye is the same I think except the wheels are different.

A few cosmetic differences. Body color mirrors, wheel lip, grill lip, fender trim, hyper black (gray) wheels for the rally package.  The blacktop has all of that blacked out with gloss black rims.

I like the rally styling, but want true black rims for the body color choice we made.

The v6 is 290HP(295 with Rallye pkg)/260Torque and the v8 is 360HP/390T.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Only time will tell.

Trust me, I was skeptical about the KIA when we bought it in 2011, but it turned out to be a nice ride.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only time will tell.

My Durango was a '14. I had almost 23k miles on it when I traded it in on my Ram 2500.

I didn't have one single problem with it.  Even resale was great when I traded it in.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My Durango was a '14. I had almost 23k miles on it when I traded it in on my Ram 2500.

I didn't have one single problem with it.  Even resale was great when I traded it in.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only time will tell.

Good to hear! I'm sure we will keep this one for at least 3 years.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Dodge
View Quote
Check back with us at resale time

Pretty wife though
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pretty wife though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dodge

Pretty wife though

Thanks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top