Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I can live with that until retirement.  I really don't feel there is anything wrong with what we have now, but it seems each CSAF wants to leave their "legacy."  Remember TQM?

Better than that blue piece of crap we almost had!

B_S
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Could be worse I guess, the original blue tiger stripe proposal had me heaving.

Of course I was hoping to retire before this one became available.... unfortunately, if it sticks to timetable I'll miss that goal  

Of course, if the Marine Corps hadn't copywrited their pattern, and then had the Army stick up their snout and extoll that they had something better in the pike, we'd all probably be wearing the USMC digital patern...  heck we're already wearing their "8 point" hats in CENTCOM

The Marines were willing to allow other services to use their pattern.  At least they publicly stated that they'd be happy to let the Army use it.  But I've also read that the Army was the originator of the digital pattern in the first place, years before even the Canadians.  I've also seen an Army press release, or statement saying that the pattern itself was "leveraged" from the Marine pattern, whatever that means.  Copied?
And IIRC, the Air Force was developing a new uniform at about the same time as the Army, well before the Army adopted the ACU pattern.  That blue tiger stripe pattern was created before the ACU pattern was ever seen in public.

ETA,
I like the idea of a single pattern that works in most areas.  For short notice deployments when stuff is pre-packed and sitting on pallets ready to be loaded there is no time to unpack duffle bags, and repack with the appropriate uniforms, and for the units hiting the ground first, there is no room to store all that crap.  Also Soldiers would have to maintain two sets of load bearing equipment and no be able to keep their rucks packs because they'd have to first find out which one they need.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top