Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
tin foil. I has it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Link to you tube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dRyl9VksgU&feature=related

This is video of a man using a Jet Propultion Laboratory program that is tracking a "comet" that is whipping through our solar system as I type. It is already within the orbit of Jupiter.
This event coincides with my tentative timeline of "endtime"events.

I stopped reading here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are you ready?

Yes, I am ready.

No, wait a minute ...............

Ok, now I'm ready.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Jesus Christ in high heals, you gotta be kidding me that this guy (the OP)  is working on a nuclear reactor.
And has also lasted 2 pages so far without anyone posting a Homer pic!

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You say something corresponds to your timeline of endtime events, and then expect to be taken seriously?

You study a book that attempts to reconcile religious texts with astronomical events?

You throw in a mention of plagues and extinction level events?

I give your theories all the credence I would give a disheveled homeless man who wanders the street with a placard that says, "Repent, the End is Near!"

Best stock up on tin foil.

This.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#7]
My birthday is sept 26.  Does that mean I could be the Anti Christ?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I love ARFCOM.

No matter how bored I get, I can always log in and find something to laugh uncontrollably at.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love ARFCOM.

No matter how bored I get, I can always log in and find something to laugh uncontrollably at.

Extinction Level Events™ are no laughing matter, my friend.

You'll be laughing uncontrollably out the other side of your face when the Extinction Level Event™ comes around!
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link to OP's locked thread.

I'm surprised the OP is getting away with this identical thread. IBT re-L, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I expected better than this from the SF.
I was debating whether to post here or GD..........Looks like I'm getting the flouridated basement croud so far..........

Maybe more intelligent discourse tomorrow when the old farts are active.

If one is in search of intelligent discourse, it behooves one to start with intelligent discourse.

Your original post merely suggests crackpottery.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm surprised the OP is getting away with this identical thread. IBT re-L, I guess.

This one was first.  OP duped himself.

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you ready?

Yes, I am ready.

No, wait a minute ...............

Ok, now I'm ready.

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, ok. I get it. I didn't see that that one was the second one and the mod's message "Please don't use ARFCOM to generate views for your silly youtube videos. " made it sound like it was locked for content rather than dupage.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy (yet another) boring 2012 prophecy of doom, Batman........

Some of you people spend so long predicting your own fucking miserable demise that you are forgetting to live.  If a big frickin' comet is going to come in with enough force to fuck up your mom's basement then there's not a right lot you can do about it.

So unless you are Bruce Willis and drive a six wheeled combine harvester with a drill, after being deposited on a fancy polystyrene film set from a pretend spaceship that Obama didn't scrap with the nuclear bomb from the set of Goldfinger, then I suggest you step away from the computer and go get laid before you are extinct.

What a load of "Jesus loves you, now buy my silver before we all die" wank.

Thats what i dont get.. Is buying silver going to save you from the world exploding?

I dunno.   If silver was going to save our lives in this massive event then surely the Speshil Scientist in the video would be hoarding silver instead of trying to sell it......

Unless of course the comet is made of werewolves...... maybe that's it.  The comet is made of werewolves and you need silver to mould bullets out of so that you can kill werewolves.

Oh shit, weeza gonna die at the hands of comet dwelling werewolves.

The mayan prophecy has been decoded and we now know the truth.

Quick Everybody Panic.

Agent Funky, every time you make me laugh so hard my office mates have to come by and check on me it adds another beer on to the tally I owe you if I am ever in the same room with you...

That would be a good night on the ale

The way you're cranking out the hits this week it could be a very long, thoroughly pissed evening with a truly frightening bar tab.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he says Venus is a comet that was captured about 2500 years ago?

Venus' orbit is too nearly circular for it to have been captured so recently.

The orbit of Venus is the most circular in the entire Solar System.

from THIS SITE.

The shape of it's orbit is totally irrelivant. Never mind. A little too deep for the present night croud apparently.

From the guy who has misspelled "crowd" twice in two posts.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I stopped reading at Venus is a comet.

/
a rare 7/5

any comet around the solar system has already been captured by the solar system. Any comet we have seen or studied is already orbiting the sun. The sun isn't going to magically capture a comet and make a planet in a nice orbit. And this in addition to the fact that a comet is relatively small, much smaller than the moon, whereas venus is very earth-like in size.

Venus
Comets
Comet Orbits
Orbit data for NEOs and Potentially Hazardous Asteroids
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I have to like how this cat mixes a little debunked theory with prophecy.

He picks and chooses what he likes from both science AND magic to create a delicious derptarded amalgam of fuck.

Fuckin' werewolves...tough "croud."

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He picks and chooses what he likes from both science AND magic to create a delicious derptarded amalgam of fuck.

Nah, it's just "too deep" for the ARFCOM crowd....
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to you tube video:

This is video of a man using a Jet Propultion Laboratory program that is tracking a "comet" that is whipping through our solar system as I type. It is already within the orbit of Jupiter.
This event coincides with my tentative timeline of "endtime"events.

I stopped reading here.

Funny, that's the line that told me I couldn't possibly miss out on this thread.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
......to create a delicious derptarded amalgam of fuck.

This is the best description of anything I have ever read.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You say something corresponds to your timeline of endtime events, and then expect to be taken seriously?

You study a book that attempts to reconcile religious texts with astronomical events?

I give your theories all the credence I would give a disheveled homeless man who wanders the street with a placard that says, "Repent, the End is Near!"

I give up.

I can see that no one is viewing the Jet Propultion Laboratory video and none of you have a clue who Velikovski is.

And certainly have no idea what the Bible prophecies are and no clue about Edgar Cayce.
Shit. Why do I bother.

The responses I'm seeing are exactly what Velikovshi was talking about in "Mankind in Amnesia".
You have no concept of the devastations that have occurred in the past and only care about how your baseball team is doing.
Further, you don't care what might be coming to hit you square in the face with a Mack truck.

They are 4-1 thank you very much.  Best start they have had in a number of years.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I suspect we've seen the last of mr. badass in this thread.....
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I was tuning all this crap out right up to the part about the comet dwelling werewolves and how that was related to the price of silver.  
Now I'm worried.  I have no silver bullets I traded them all for bullets infused with garlic and holy water in preparation for the vampire masses.  
I suppose by the time I get the silver rounded up I'll need something for zombies......
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#28]
So after a few comments from some who question his warning, he asks Former11BRAVO;

"And your credentials as an astrophysicist are.....?", but what are henrybaddass' credentials?

So he read a few books and is a steam turbine Millwright - OK, how does that qualify him?

You have to like the,"Thank you for the intelligent responses." he likes to close with.

Gosh I feel so belittled. He hurt my last feeling.

Prib
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Double extinction-level tap.

buk
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A few thoughts on the subject…

5. Tidal forces might, and probably do, have the ability to trigger earthquakes in certain circumstances. But he’s claiming the object did so when it was on the far side of the sun from us and when we were between the sun and the object. He also ignores the effect of Jupiter and the other planets.

With the weight of all that water shifting I can't imagine it not having an effect.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#31]
OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Link to you tube video:

This event coincides with my tentative timeline of "endtime"events. I have studied many sources of prophecy for 30 years. Ancient history, volcanism, geology, astronomy, celestial mechanics and other schools of science.

I spent one whole year reading and studying Immanuel Velikovski's first published book "Worlds in Collision" in which he corollates the 7 worlds religious Holy books historical accounts of the period around 2500 years ago.

Prior to that time there was no planet Venus. A comet passed through our orbital path and caused the 10 plagues of Egypt when the Israelite slaves were freed.
This comet was captured by our solar system and became known as Venus.
The tail of the Comet debris was gravel and Naptha. When it struck our atmosphere it caused a "hail of fire".
Velikovski theorized that when we began to explore our solar system we would find the atmosphere of Venus to be a petroleum base.

I think it was Voyager 4 in about 1974 that confirmed his theory........20 years after his book was published in 1954.

Immanuel Velikovski was Albert Einstein's best freind. Also freinds with Jung and Freud.
His last book "Mankind in Amnesia" discusses mankinds inability to record these events that almost wipe it out and it's reluctance to remember a traumatic species destroying event.
Discuss..........unless I can get internet at my remote location soon I won't be paticipating much. I have access a block away at a library. I am off work today, at home. I am working Wolf Creek Nuclear plant outage in Burlington, Kansas. I am a steam turbine Millwright. I should be done in 2 weeks or less.
I will answer all questions as my access to internet allows.

I will state that I do not expect this to wipe out humankind. That is not in the prophetic warnings. It will however, I believe, wreak havock and major conflagration.
Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, storms and winds not before recorded in intensity. Destruction of crops, waters and cities. Just the beginning of woes.
World War III soon.

ETA: edited to fix typing errors. I feel compelled to make you all aware of this event. I was anticipating such an occurrance but not this soon.....
Time will fly as these things begin to unfold...........leading up to the Grand Conjunction of the major planets in December 2012, when the earthquakes will exceed the Ricter scale.
Are you ready?

Isn't this based on Scientology?

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I was tuning all this crap out right up to the part about the comet dwelling werewolves and how that was related to the price of silver.  
Now I'm worried.  I have no silver bullets I traded them all for bullets infused with garlic and holy water in preparation for the vampire masses.  
I suppose by the time I get the silver rounded up I'll need something for zombies......

Shit.... forgot the Garlic......

Will lazy ginger do?

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit.... forgot the Garlic......

Will lazy ginger do?

No. Garlic blessed by a bishop is all that will do the job.

I hate werewolves and vampires.

Fuck.

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he says Venus is a comet that was captured about 2500 years ago?

Venus' orbit is too nearly circular for it to have been captured so recently.

The orbit of Venus is the most circular in the entire Solar System.[/qu
from THIS SITE.

The shape of it's orbit is totally irrelivant. Never mind. A little too deep for the present night croud apparently.

The shape of its orbit is not irrelevant. Had Venus been "captured" to become part of our solar system, as you propose, its orbit would be a radical ellipse - not circular. Such an orbit would have been so radical, It would have most certainly crossed the orbits of practically every other planet in our system - likely impacting one of them in short order!

I assure you: Venus is a planetary body which formed as did our other planets: over eons. What this guy is saying is simply preposterous.

Explain the fact that it rotates backwards compared to every other planet in the solar system.

Think about it. Because of tidal forces, every moon in our solar system has tied its rotation to its planet. Every planet rotates in relation to the Sun in a similar manner, except Venus. How can this be?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I give up.

I can see that no one is viewing the Jet Propultion Laboratory video and none of you have a clue who Velikovski is.

And certainly have no idea what the Bible prophecies are and no clue about Edgar Cayce.
Shit. Why do I bother.

The responses I'm seeing are exactly what Velikovshi was talking about in "Mankind in Amnesia".
You have no concept of the devastations that have occurred in the past and only care about how your baseball team is doing.
Further, you don't care what might be coming to hit you square in the face with a Mack truck.

Why should we care if we cannot change it?

Serious question.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Holy (yet another) boring 2012 prophecy of doom, Batman........

Some of you people spend so long predicting your own fucking miserable demise that you are forgetting to live.  If a big frickin' comet is going to come in with enough force to fuck up your mom's basement then there's not a right lot you can do about it.

So unless you are Bruce Willis and drive a six wheeled combine harvester with a drill, after being deposited on a fancy polystyrene film set from a pretend spaceship that Obama didn't scrap with the nuclear bomb from the set of Goldfinger, then I suggest you step away from the computer and go get laid before you are extinct.

What a load of "Jesus loves you, now buy my silver before we all die" wank.

I've got all that, but I am busy photographing supermodels in Dec 2012.  Could the comet hold off a bit?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Link to you tube video:

This event coincides with my tentative timeline of "endtime"events. I have studied many sources of prophecy for 30 years. Ancient history, volcanism, geology, astronomy, celestial mechanics and other schools of science.

I spent one whole year reading and studying Immanuel Velikovski's first published book "Worlds in Collision" in which he corollates the 7 worlds religious Holy books historical accounts of the period around 2500 years ago.

Prior to that time there was no planet Venus. A comet passed through our orbital path and caused the 10 plagues of Egypt when the Israelite slaves were freed.
This comet was captured by our solar system and became known as Venus.
The tail of the Comet debris was gravel and Naptha. When it struck our atmosphere it caused a "hail of fire".
Velikovski theorized that when we began to explore our solar system we would find the atmosphere of Venus to be a petroleum base.

I think it was Voyager 4 in about 1974 that confirmed his theory........20 years after his book was published in 1954.

Immanuel Velikovski was Albert Einstein's best freind. Also freinds with Jung and Freud.
His last book "Mankind in Amnesia" discusses mankinds inability to record these events that almost wipe it out and it's reluctance to remember a traumatic species destroying event.
Discuss..........unless I can get internet at my remote location soon I won't be paticipating much. I have access a block away at a library. I am off work today, at home. I am working Wolf Creek Nuclear [/red] plant outage in Burlington, Kansas. I am a steam turbine Millwright. I should be done in 2 weeks or less.
I will answer all questions as my access to internet allows.

I will state that I do not expect this to wipe out humankind. That is not in the prophetic warnings. It will however, I believe, wreak havock and major conflagration.
Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, storms and winds not before recorded in intensity. Destruction of crops, waters and cities. Just the beginning of woes.
World War III soon.

ETA: edited to fix typing errors. I feel compelled to make you all aware of this event. I was anticipating such an occurrance but not this soon.....
Time will fly as these things begin to unfold...........leading up to the Grand Conjunction of the major planets in December 2012, when the earthquakes will exceed the Ricter scale.
Are you ready?

ALLLLLLL RIGHTY THEN........

Let me know if you plan on coming to Vermont this fall. I'll have badging keep an eye out for you. We already had Drega work here, we don't need another.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A few thoughts on the subject…

1. Isaac Asimov wrote a great piece on all the Velikovski nonsense. I don’t know if it’s online anywhere but suffice it to say that Asimov soundly destroys all of Velikovski’s claims.

2. If Elenin was a brown dwarf and not a comet then it would be brighter in the night sky than Jupiter is because it’s closer now and it would have to be more massive. Something of that size simply couldn’t be hidden and even a good pair of binoculars would now reveal its true nature to any amateur astronomer.

3. If it were a brown dwarf then the Earth’s orbit would be severely altered by the approach. Our poles wouldn’t flip, Instead we would be tossed into an elongated orbit and all advanced life on Earth would die.

4. Comets leave trails of debris, larger objects don’t. Gravity on a comet is so low that outgassing (caused by the close approach to the sun) can allow small particles to reach the comet’s escape velocity. This is obviously not something even a moon sized object would do. So, by concerning himself with the debris earth might encounter he demonstrates that it is not a brown dwarf.

5. Tidal forces might, and probably do, have the ability to trigger earthquakes in certain circumstances. But he’s claiming the object did so when it was on the far side of the sun from us and when we were between the sun and the object. He also ignores the effect of Jupiter and the other planets.

6. An object more massive than Jupiter would probably have already altered the orbits of the planets enough to be noticed by amateur astronomers.

It's not a Brown Dwarf, it is a Red Dwarf
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I suspect we've seen the last of mr. badass in this thread.....

Can you blame him? Pearls before swine and all that...

Until we meet again, your highness...
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Truly sig worthy material there. Well played.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Despite his subsequent posts, I'm still not sure if the OP is serious.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truly sig worthy material there. Well played.

Brilliant.

In other news, the sky is falling.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#46]
from east of the rockies, you're on the air
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#47]
My personal hero astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson vs 2012 Lunacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjQMwEjC1I

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Riiiiiiight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, ok. I get it. I didn't see that that one was the second one and the mod's message "Please don't use ARFCOM to generate views for your silly youtube videos. " made it sound like it was locked for content rather than dupage.

I vote snow for president, and for the lock of this thread.
Mostly because it has a......

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Don't comets orbit the sun as well? My knowledge of astronomy may be lacking, but I didn't think they went flying around randomly in space. I don't see how it could have "became" Venus.

According to that book the OP Loves;
Velikovsky arrived at these proposals using a methodology which would today be called comparative mythology - he looked for concordances in myths and written history of unconnected cultures across the world, following a literal reading of their accounts of the exploits of planetary deities. In this book, he argues on the basis of ancient cosmological myths from places as disparate as India and China, Greece and Rome, Assyria and Sumer. For example, ancient Greek mythology asserts that the goddess Athena sprang from the head of Zeus. Velikovsky identifies Zeus (whose Roman counterpart was the god Jupiter) with the planet Jupiter. Velikovsky identifies Athena (the Roman Minerva) with the planet Venus. This myth, along with others from ancient Egypt, Israel, Mexico, etc. are used to support the claim that "Venus was expelled as a comet and then changed to a planet after contact with a number of members of our solar system" (Velikovsky 1972:182).

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top