BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The legality of accusing someone without proof.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid.  I just know how I'd feel if someone accused me and I didn't do it.

BoB

The dont accuse them.  Just go to the door and TELL them that someone is breaking window and that their kids were in the area....so do they know anything about the situation?

Personnally, I think you're scared.

You will be buying many more windows I see.

SGat1r5

Guaranteed, even if their kid didnt do it, the smart money says he knows who did.
Kids will admit just about everything with a uniformed police office standing in the living room.
Just go over to their house with the local police, and very calm interogate the kid. Its either him or his friends....that will solve this.

Alternatively, wait another few months until its cold out...leave a hose with good water pressure in reach...if you see a kid out there.....soak him down nice and wet with the hose...that will suck on a cold freezing day.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a little whoooooooop asssssssss is needed, on the parents of course
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Guaranteed, even if their kid didnt do it, the smart money says he knows who did.
Kids will admit just about everything with a uniformed police office standing in the living room.

YEA it will work one of my so called friends told everything when I was about 8 still dont realy like him today.........and you know he comes around to sea me about once a month think I THINK I WILL TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT

I need another beer

good luck  .
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a kid shoot a hole in my metal shed in CA.  I was lucky and saw him on his roof with said bb gun.  I called cops and said there was a person on the roof of .xxxxx address, with a gun, pointed at my house.  They were there, post haste, and jerked a solid knot in that kid's ass.

Hopefully, you will get lucky too.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:25:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey all,

I don't cause any trouble in my neighborhood for anybody, much less the neighborhood kids.  However, for some reason, some of the bad apples have taken to shooting at the house with a BB gun (breaking a window), TP'ing the house, ringing the doorbell and running, etc.  It's all pretty standard kid stuff, so I usually cut 'em some slack, but the broken window thing pisses me off.  $300 to fix it.  I've talked to my neighbors and we have a pretty good idea who it is, but I have no proof.  What do you all think I should do?  Anybody have experience?

I've gone so far as to think about having video surveilance installed to try and catch them in the act.  If they break 1 more window, it would have paid for itself.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BoB

a pinhole camera and a small color tv might run you about 200bucks. you could try that. I dont know how good those pinhole cameras are though. but it's an idea.

EDITED: I like the cold water idea. not only wait til it's cold, but go through the extra effort , put ice cubes in a bucket of water and keep it in the fridge. wait til they show up and give them a real bad day. or go to the army surplus store and buy paint grenades set up trip wires all over the yard etc.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:49:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Had a problem with kids down the street a few years ago. Parents denied everything and things got worse. The last straw was when they set off a smoke bomb to "cover their tracks" and almost set fire to my woods. Later we caught them red-handed vandalizing the yard and they got a ride in a police car that day. Up until that point, talking to them, talking to the parents, talking to the police did nothing. You need proof sometimes to get through to the parents. I made a deal with the kids and parents I would not file a complaint if they just left me be. It worked. The kids eventually grew up and today one of them runs with the local ambulance squad. A good friend of mine went the hidden camera route. He was going through hell, not sure what prompted the attacks but being in uniform, the kids knew he wouldn't touch them. He won in court (several thousand dollars), the parents still swear it wasn't their kid, and he has to carry nitro as a result of the stress he went through. (the little heart pills, not the KB stuff)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:26:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the same kind of problem. If you try to "school" the little twerps, YOU will be arrested.

You have seen it dozens of times on TV, some little twerp gets shot by a cop, and his grandmother is crying for the camera telling what a good boy Jonny was, church choir singer, the whole bit.

What happened in my case was a neighbor and good friend saw (?) these 2 turds leaving my property after a breakin.  So we marched down to the sheriff's office and filed a complaint.

2 detectives showed that afternoon, and I pointed to where my fence was cutand the path in the tall grass leading to the twerp's residence.  Just like above, 2 detectives and a uniform in the living room, and little jonny spilled his guts.

Problems ended right then and there.  Did my friend ever really see these 2 shits on my property?  Damn if I know, and I don't want to know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:29:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys are all much to harsh.

Try the Klinton remedy...."midnight basketball".

Or, in the alternative build a recreation center in the neighborhood for those poor, misunderstood yutes. Works every time. Don't believe me, just ask Slick Willie, or Chuckie, or Ted, or Diane. If we fail to raise our yutes properly, as a collective society, then we have reaped what we sowed. Right Jessee?

If the above philosophy should fail to produce the desired results, the SSS tactic should do the trick.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#11]
One night I caught some teenagers ramming my garbage can with their car.  I chased them down in my car.  I pulled them over, told them I was going to follow them back to my house where they would right my garbage can.  On the way, I phoned the police (who were receiving phone reports of garbage can ramming).  When we pulled up to my house, there were two officers waiting for them.  It was great.  Bottom line, obtain evidence, capture and prosecute.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#12]
No illegal acts on your part, no matter how much fun or deserved they may be.  This is a situation to make use of organizations we otherwise would dislike.  The involvement of the police (necessary in any case) and possibly the division of families and child welfare (whatever it's official name in your area).  The poor kids are misguided, drinking beer in the area (you did say underage, didn't you?).  I think the official "social services" involvement will get the parents'  attention.  You don't even have to appear to be involved.

In my experience, you NEVER want to criticize or complain about someone else's children to them.  You will start (even though you didn't "start" it) a vendetta beyond belief.  I guarantee they will swear their kids are "good" kids, and how dare you.  You might even get additional reprisals from the adults.  Sure, there may be exceptions of responsible parents who would deal with it.  They are so few that I feel comfortable saying "all" are creeps, and not waste my time worrying about sorting them out.  As with so many other things, once you raise your head up, it's too late.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
blowtorch, pliers. enough said.

or a cryo gun....  :)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
frozen paintballs.

Wont hit anything with any kind of accuracy outside of 30 ft.

~Crp

but it will workk great with normal unfrozen paintballs - extremely accurate if you have the right balls and barrel...crank up the velocity a bit also....
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#16]
If you go the camera route, be sure to get an excellent camera with excellent light sensitivity.  Otherwise you will get garbage.  I have a couple of "rental car" camera setups.  They are sweet and simple to create.  They are perfect for parking in an area and recording whatever (such as a cheating wife) from an "unknown" car.

1. camera is concealed within an object and placed for proper camera angle
(the object can be a kids toy, garfield with suction cups, the typical religious symbols, the "crown" air freshener, you get the idea)
2. a VCR is in a duffle bag with extra tapes in the trunk
3. if a rental car, junk is spread around in car and stickers removed

I can post pics, but it is pretty obvious.  I do have a few extra surveillance tips if you IM me but most are common sense.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Break your neighbor's window and then tell him your sure it was the same kid that did yours...just kidding.
I'd try some 550 cord tied through the shrubs and check for banged up kids the next day...
We let "Tanya" our German Shepherd loose on one group of kid. Amazing to see her hit the end of her lead about 5 feet from the little bastards, problems stopped from then on...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hey all,

It's all pretty standard kid stuff, so I usually cut 'em some slack, but the broken window thing pisses me off.  $300 to fix it.  I've talked to my neighbors and we have a pretty good idea who it is, but I have no proof.  What do you all think I should do?

Thanks,
BoB

And the reason you're on the 'puter asking us vs. calling the police is.......?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Paintballs are formulated not to freeze anymore.

Go with the motion detector camera. Give copy of tape to parents along with reciept of repairs and watch the ass whoopings ensue.
BTW, get that on tape too and post it here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#20]
If this is a regular thing, then just hang out at night with your AR, take them prisoner, and call the cops (or just shoot them).

or you could get a video camera.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey all,

It's all pretty standard kid stuff, so I usually cut 'em some slack, but the broken window thing pisses me off.  $300 to fix it.  I've talked to my neighbors and we have a pretty good idea who it is, but I have no proof.  What do you all think I should do?

Thanks,
BoB

And the reason you're on the 'puter asking us vs. calling the police is.......?

Already filed a police report right after it happened.

BoB
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
1)  Call police if you haven't.  Report the broken window.

2)  Go talk to suspects parents.  Don't accuse/threaten their child, just let them know that you have suspicions or that you have had vandalism problems.

3) Install survalence camera or 2.

4) Wait for the little punks to show up tonight.

5) Capture them on video.

6) Call police and give them the tape.

7) Follow up with charges.

8) Problem solved.

Good advice.

Get you one o' them M4 Airsoft rifles too. Gettin hosed by those things is no fun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

but it will workk great with normal unfrozen paintballs - extremely accurate if you have the right balls and barrel...crank up the velocity a bit also....

I know they work real well on dogs, we were having a real problem with the K9's chasing viehicles out of town at a friends neighborhood, so we had Troy lay in the back of the truck with an Angel, and a full hopper...Poor mut couldnt get out of the way of all that paint.

Difference is, you hit a kid in the eye with a paintball at 300+ FPS, you better be prepared to deny it in court.

~Crpdeth  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#24]
blowtorch, popsicle, t-bone steak and heavy chain/gag?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#25]
video cameras. remote security cameras are CHEAP. Get video evidence and prosecute to the fullest extent of the Law.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Ya just have to ask yourself "What would Oudey Hussain do"?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
Not much since he had a BAD DAY This year.    
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#27]
A neighbor had the same trouble with a couple of punks in our neighborhood. After confronting the little "angel's" parents who said their saints wouldn't do that. My neighber, who was a carpenter by profession, set up a room in his house with a boby trap. The booby trap was a spinner with about 5 gallons of blue carpenters die. A nice shade of blue really. The two siliweted kids on the wall were a nice touch. The best touch was the two darlings explaining to the police and their parents why they were blue. Vandelizim stopped. City got about 500 hour community service. And the punks left the neighbor hood.    
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Do these kids have a dog?

You can do what this neighbor did in this video:

AssistanceCall.wmv
It's from Reno 911 TV show.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

AssistanceCall.wmv

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:18:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

AssistanceCall.wmv

BWAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Buy two boxes of blanks.... 30 round mag.... and just run at them shootin in the air.

- BG

Very bad advice.  Assault and possibly attempted murder if you do that unprovoked.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

LOL!

Remember to do it naked!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I have some personal experience with this kind of problem.  First, no parent that I've met in these situations ever admits that their little angel could do or did do anything wrong.  Second, when their kids are caught by you or the police, they will blame you somehow for overreacting or something.  

Two stories: My house in a pretty nice neighborhood was repeatedly egged.  One night I heard some noise, saw kids in my yard and called the police.  They arrived quickly - I said it was a nice neighborhood -  and caught the kids.  The parents were furious and the eggings continued.  Finally I went to the parents and said that we should handle this ourselves without getting the police involved.  They eventually left my house alone.  I think the parents were very ashamed to have a police car parked in their driveway and didn't want that to happen again.

The second story:  My house in a not so good neighborhood was being pelted by rocks.  I snuck up behind the kidss and said let's go talk to your dad.  It all happened so quickly that they didn't have time to make up a story.  They did blame each other.  I think the dad might have been out on parole because when I mentioned calling the police he became very cooperative.  I think both kids got a spanking.  Not only did they not throw rocks again, they never even looked my way again always heading in the opposite direction.  

The moral of the story, no one will do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.  You will eventually have to get the police involved or at least convince them that you will.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top