Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're complaining about busybodies on GD?

View Quote

This place is full of people that know what's best for you.

She would fit into GD quite well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have three old geezers that live behind me and when I would work in the garage, they just walked right on in uninvited.  Never was friendly with them, don't care for them at all, but their nosiness compelled them to walk into my house.  They have been told not to come onto my property unless invited.  Two of them don't set foot in the drive any more.  One of them still thinks he can come onto my drive when I'm washing cars and still asks nosy questions.  One day I will turn the tables on him, spray him with the hose and tell him to stay off my lawn.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This nosy neighbor walked up my driveway to let me know my dog needs to be on a leash.
View Quote

Reply: "Really? Who is on who's property?"

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell nieghbor to pound sand
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dogs inside a house need to be on a leash?

Should have had the dog urinate on her.
View Quote

Once I owned a Chow that I had to put up when ever strangers came around.   The dog never missed a chance to pee on them.  Ususally right on thier feet.

guess he was showing his dominence.

gd
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep, as I've said before, lamest call ever was for a "disoriented squirrel on the sidewalk".

Close second was "dead bird in backyard".

Some folks should not be able to have access to the phone system.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many people believe laws must be blindly obeyed no matter if no harm is being done.   What they don't realize is they are usually the problem since they choose what laws should be enforced...only for others.

A lot of elderly get this way and get highly agitated when certain silly rules are not followed to the exact letter of the law.

This. It drives me insane. Half of my calls today have been about bullshit city ordinance violations that affect no one.

Yep, as I've said before, lamest call ever was for a "disoriented squirrel on the sidewalk".

I would have seen red, if I were the OP.

On the dead bird thing, though: There were a couple years around here where there were radio spots asking for people to report dead birds because of West Nile virus. It could be they were just confused on who to report it to.....Or, they could have been idiots.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On the dead bird thing, though: There were a couple years around here where there were radio spots asking for people to report dead birds because of West Nile virus. It could be they were just confused on who to report it to.....Or, they could have been idiots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many people believe laws must be blindly obeyed no matter if no harm is being done.   What they don't realize is they are usually the problem since they choose what laws should be enforced...only for others.

A lot of elderly get this way and get highly agitated when certain silly rules are not followed to the exact letter of the law.

This. It drives me insane. Half of my calls today have been about bullshit city ordinance violations that affect no one.

The latter, most definitely the latter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shoulda told her, " looks like he ain't the only one !"
View Quote

SHBFP
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]
And OP, how did you not tell her to pound sand?

Some folks have utterly no concept of private property, or even basic neighbor decorum.

Good luck with that lady.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Its a control thing.  When I lived in Oregon I had a neighbor tell me that I come home too late that I need to be more considerate of others.
View Quote
I would have gotten the biggest speakers I could find and played Tattoo at 9:59pm, or just before the noise ordnance kicked in.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Spray her with the hose.
View Quote
I'm sorry, I did not see you there.

Or there.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would have gotten the biggest speakers I could find and played Tattoo at 9:59pm, or just before the noise ordnance kicked in.  

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/docs/22tattoo.mp3

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a control thing.  When I lived in Oregon I had a neighbor tell me that I come home too late that I need to be more considerate of others.

Niiiice, or ask the lady if she wants to play "Operation Nifty Package"

She could be the  Apostolic Nuncio of the Holy See, and you can be the SEALS.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Pit bull attacks someone: "WTF DOGS SHOULD BE ON A LEASH AND UNDER CONTROL AND FENCED INTO THEIR YARDS AT ALL TIMES EROGIKF HNWEOFGVUHBOEQUFBVOUEF "

Arfcommer gets a complaint about a dog being off the leash: "TELL HER TO F*CK OFF FREEDOM LIBERTY PRIVATE PROPERTY MURICA "

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sometimes pillage is an acceptable problem solver.

Followed by murder, rape, arson and rape.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Citizens arrest for trespassing then pillage and rape

You said rape, twice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You said rape, twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said rape, twice.

He likes rape.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pit bull attacks someone: "WTF DOGS SHOULD BE ON A LEASH AND UNDER CONTROL AND FENCED INTO THEIR YARDS AT ALL TIMES EROGIKF HNWEOFGVUHBOEQUFBVOUEF "

Arfcommer gets a complaint about a dog being off the leash: "TELL HER TO F*CK OFF FREEDOM LIBERTY PRIVATE PROPERTY MURICA "

View Quote

It's in a garage sniffing ass, not running down the street attacking people
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Just watched that,Op you needed more cane to crotch action to end the problem

Quoted:

OP your post made me think of this show I watched this week

The Best Defence The Garage

Enjoy
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just another citizen trying to keep you LEO's gainfully employed.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol only if someone approaches GD, and opens themselves up to it.

Not the case here....Geez..think much?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Point being? Lots of animals are cute and cuddly until they bite.

No, I'm not saying the OP's would have (before that argument gets thrown in).

Double standards are fun. Someone else's dog should be under lock and key, but yours is fine because he never would hurt nobody... I'm sure nobody has ever said that before a kid has to go to the emergency room

(kinda like "IT JUST WENT OFF!! I DIDN'T TOUCH THE TRIGGER!")
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I would pay good money to see OP stop her in mid sentence.  

WOAH THERE. Mrs Kravitz.  First, what the blue fuck makes you think you're allowed on my property?  Get yor nasty wrinkly old ass back on the sidewalk if you don't want me to call the cops and charge you with trespassing........GIT!

Once she has both feet on the other side of the property line,  tell her about how leash laws are on public property.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, GD is "Busybody Mecca".
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last year Oklahoma was having earthquakes and on two occasions we could feel them up here in Kansas. Not Cali type quakes, no these were just small quakes that didn't even make stuff fall off of the shelves. The local PD had to take an officer off of patrol and have him help dispatch take calls. People were calling in to tell the police that they had felt the earthquake. No damage, no injuries, just wanted to be sure the PD knew that the quake had been felt.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Your dog let her approach? Feed your dog some gunpowder immediately
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I wouldn't do that on duty, even if it was an ordinance/statute.

Had a lady, from CT IIRC, who called in once to complain about some wildhorses not being fed.

Wild. Horses.

I told her that I didn't have jurisdiction over wild animals, and as they'd done nothing criminal, there was little I could do.

I suggested she call Game and Fish; she said she had, and they'd suggested she call the Sheriff's Office.

Thanks, assholes.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure you will find some way to repay them for that...please post when you do!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#27]
It's mandatory that every neighborhood has a few busybody's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh, and for original OP...that's what you get for having nice weather this time of year and not being cooped up inside, hiding from the cold and snow and ice. I am getting stir crazy enough a busybody neighbor almost sounds fun!

(Not really, hope you set her straight soon and in a most entertaining way and then post it here in GD so us frozen housebound lurkers can enjoy it vicariously through you! Preferably before I start wandering around the house muttering to myself then storm out to freeze to death in the snow like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining.)
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Last year Oklahoma was having earthquakes and on two occasions we could feel them up here in Kansas. Not Cali type quakes, no these were just small quakes that didn't even make stuff fall off of the shelves. The local PD had to take an officer off of patrol and have him help dispatch take calls. People were calling in to tell the police that they had felt the earthquake. No damage, no injuries, just wanted to be sure the PD knew that the quake had been felt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, spoke to a lady who called 911 early in the morning, wanting to know about the star Sirius rising in the east.

I spoke to her in Carl Sagan's voice, even getting "billions and billions" into the conversation.

It was beautiful, man!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I was called in as man with a gun after putting a cased shot gun in my car.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

In SD?  Holy shit...I didn't think the stupid had spread that far.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We get those in the summer from tourists who FREAK at guns hanging in pickup trucks and kids walking around with .22s.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#34]
You need to keep the garage remote handy so the next time you see her walking up your driveway, you can just stare at her while the garage door closes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Every neighborhood has them, I am living next to a jerk myself, he is just your all around idiot.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oh, and for original OP...that's what you get for having nice weather this time of year and not being cooped up inside, hiding from the cold and snow and ice. I am getting stir crazy enough a busybody neighbor almost sounds fun!

(Not really, hope you set her straight soon and in a most entertaining way and then post it here in GD so us frozen housebound lurkers can enjoy it vicariously through you! Preferably before I start wandering around the house muttering to myself then storm out to freeze to death in the snow like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining.)
View Quote

I will take five busybody types over cold weather.

I feel for you. I couldnt do it.

if youre around the great lakes, it is beautiful in summer though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Had a lady, from CT IIRC, who called in once to complain about some wildhorses not being fed.

Wild. Horses.

I told her that I didn't have jurisdiction over wild animals, and as they'd done nothing criminal, there was little I could do.

I suggested she call Game and Fish; she said she had, and they'd suggested she call the Sheriff's Office.

Thanks, assholes.
View Quote

"Just sit tight and don't worry ma'am, the slaughter house folks will be there shortly to get them."

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Spray her with the hose.
View Quote

Spray her with your hose...
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"Get the fuck out of my driveway."
View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So, why do people act like they are the law?
View Quote

Why do you think we ended up with so many laws in the first place?   People like telling other people what to do.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Double standards are fun. Someone else's dog should be under lock and key, but yours is fine because he never would hurt nobody... I'm sure nobody has ever said that before a kid has to go to the emergency room

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you even read the OP?

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"Just sit tight and don't worry ma'am, the slaughter house folks will be there shortly to get them."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wild. Horses.

Thanks, assholes.

I soooo wanted to tell her I'd forward her concerns to the Elmer's Glue Company.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"You said rape twice". "I like rape".
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again. Dog. In a garage.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Shoulda told her, " looks like he ain't the only one !"
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What city do you work in so I know not to move there?

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wild. Horses.

Thanks, assholes.

Should have forwarded her to the glue factory

ETA: Beat by who I was responding to
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You said rape, twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said rape, twice.

Maybe he's a horny bastard.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Far too many Gladys Kravitz's in this world....

http://i.imgur.com/9KJYlsf.jpg
View Quote

Her twin brother lives across the street from me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Today's calls:
1. Dumpster diving
2. Neighbor parked on sidewalk. In front of their own house.

Who gives a fuck?
View Quote

You in the panhandle? I've been called out on how I park at least 4 times in the couple months by my neighbors and landlord (Even though he was the one who made me park straight on since parking sideways in a U drive makes the truck look "abandoned").

I have to pull in close since I'm on a corner lot and all the kids around here nearly sideswipe my truck during the school week. Crazy since you'd think people in Texas wouldn't be so butt hurt about parking a 3/4 ton truck.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top