Link Posted: 2/24/2019 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you cry when it rains?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 6:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
FYI..Florida is Full !
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it a dick move? Yes. But, these are the problems you have when you live too close to your neighbors. Snow has to go somewhere and when you can measure the amount of land you have to pile it on in inches, you are going to have a tough time. Also, if your neighbor can hit your house with a shovelful of snow, that is way too close. You know what you have to do.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL.

Are these threads real?
View Quote
They are real.  I (LEO) have been to people's houses who have called our dispatchers to complain about this shit.  Also blowing leaves and grass on to their property.  I don't do anything except listen to their complaint.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#6]
IBPT
in before parody thread
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#7]
If it's not on your driveway or in a spot that will cause problems with drifting don't worry about it. I wouldn't expect my neighbor to push the snow any farther than they have to and if that means putting it on my lawn then so be it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
It rains WHEN he cries, baby.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Wtf is snow?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The only circumstance I could imagine where this an issue is if he salts his driveway then throws that stuff on your yard and kills the grass.

That seems a stretch though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IBPT
in before parody thread
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Neighbor must be from California, inconsiderate fucker.

I would bang bang his wife and dog for revenge.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I am the neighborhood Plow guy.   I or my son make sure that all of the elderly neighbors have their driveways plowed when it snows bad.   I feel bad when my only alternative is to push some snow onto someone else's front yard.   When this happens.   I take the extra 15 minutes or so and do the driveway of the person who got a little extra on their front yard.

So far.   I haven't had ONE person complain to me about pushing snow on their yard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Neighbor decided it was okay to shovel snow off his driveway onto my property. Mainly my front lawn but there is a small area next to my house that was shoveled on to. Would have been worse but I happened to come home and hear snow being tossed against the side of my house and I went and bladed at a 45.
View Quote

The nerve of some people, just go ask him to stop and be nice about it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like you're too close to your neighbors. Sell your house and buy some acreage and build your house towards the back and middle of your property.

That's the way ours is set up. 5 acres(330'x660') w/500' drive. Almost 4 acres is woods so nice privacy
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's just snow.
View Quote
My first thoughts too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Idaho, I moved from Idaho to Idaho.

Seriously though my neighbor is a douche.  His driveway is 10 feet wide. There is approximately 4 feet between my house and his driveway.

Just thought I would check in. My plan is to return his snow to his rented property.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you move to ID from? I'm guessing the answer will be telling.......
Idaho, I moved from Idaho to Idaho.

Seriously though my neighbor is a douche.  His driveway is 10 feet wide. There is approximately 4 feet between my house and his driveway.

Just thought I would check in. My plan is to return his snow to his rented property.
It would appear that the reason you have renters next door is that no one wants to live next to you.  Heaven forbid you ask the guy not to do that when you see him again.  He probably didn't think about it since I wouldn't have thought about not shoveling snow from the middle to the edges just to keep from piling snow on top of snow.

Quit acting like everyone should always behave the same way you behave, use words and courtesy to attempt to gain compliance with your wishes.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Neighbor decided it was okay to shovel snow off his driveway onto my property. Mainly my front lawn but there is a small area next to my house that was shoveled on to. Would have been worse but I happened to come home and hear snow being tossed against the side of my house and I went and bladed at a 45.
View Quote
Should totally place a broken toilet at the edge of the property line.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OMG how will you survive?

You would have a stroke down here, my neighbors tree’s leaves land on my lawn
View Quote
Hahaha SHOOT HIM!!!! The balls on that bastard...
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Is there a reason he can’t shovel the snow from his driveway onto his lawn?  Maybe it’s just me, but that’s what I did.

At least, that’s what I did when I lived in a state that got lots of snow.  It’s 63 degrees outside right now.  Guess I don’t need long sleeves on my t-shirt this morning.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Guy down the street plasters his neighbors house with his snow blower.  Looked like it was about a foot thick from the ground up to 3' or 4' until the warm-up.
View Quote
Hey, great! That's free, natural, non-toxic, green insulation.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I’m late to the party...

Is this a “what should I do thread.”
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's just snow.
View Quote
OP is evidently one of those neighbors everyone hates
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#27]
You could ask him to pile it elsewhere, just sayin'.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I decree that the OP will be forever known as Gary.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe I'm strange but I shoveled my roof a week ago and made sure none of my snow landed on the neighbor's driveway which is directly next to my house.

I do own a snowblower and believe me the thought has crossed my mind to return said snow to neighbor.
View Quote
More city problems.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Show him your snowballs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
LOL.

Are these threads real?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is there a reason he can’t shovel the snow from his driveway onto his lawn?  Maybe it’s just me, but that’s what I did.

At least, that’s what I did when I lived in a state that got lots of snow.  It’s 63 degrees outside right now.  Guess I don’t need long sleeves on my t-shirt this morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Guess you missed

Quoted:
FYI..Florida is Full !
Yeah. Encourage someone who can't handle snow flung in their driveway...
To move to a state...
Where folks walk dogs and let them shit in your front yard.
Where folks set fireworks off on major holidays from 7pm until 3am.
Where hurricanes blow debris from up to 2 counties away into your yard.

Has all the makings of a FloridaMan story.
Going Clint Eastwood.
40 S&W pulled.
Miami_JBT shakes head in disgust as its been besmirched, again.
Red flags flown.
Weapons seized.

Meth, alligators, prostitutes, doing hood rat shit with your friends, leading up to being cashed ousside...

Hogglet and bald Cuban trollette take to twitter calling for more gibz gunz...
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Have you considered asking him to stop?

When I was in high school I worked for an R/C hobby shop. It was in a freestanding building right next to a furniture store with a large parking lot. After a snow storm the owners of the furniture store would plow their lot and pile the snow in front of the sign for the hobby shop. It used to piss off my boss something fierce, and a feud was born.

It culminated with my boss using a giant front end loader to remove the snowbank from around our sign and dumping it in front of the doors to the furniture store
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Tommy :-)
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Defiantly op
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#36]
My neighbor shoveled snow on my property while I was overseas for couple weeks.

I got him some beer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey, you should cry like a bitch about it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#38]
TLDR neighbor blew snow on driveway, I went full retard and buried his house, he turned duplex into section 8 housing.

My last house, you came out my side door (main use) to driveway. Across driveway was 3 ft of grass and neighbors (duplex) sidewalk and sidedoor.
Lonnnnnng driveway, and my end was boxed in by my garage
It was always time consuming, but I blew all the snow on my driveway the length of my house and spread it in the front yard, vs blowing it in neighbors back yard.

That renter moved the first winter, and the landlord started blowing the sidewalk onto my driveway vs having to crank his chute around to keep it in the backyard.
I think about the third time, I caught him in the act. Came out on my porch, looked at my now covered driveway and gave him the wtf look with hands raised at sides.
He just shakes his head, gets in the car and leaves.
We got about 6 inches 2 days later.
All the snow from almost my entire driveway ended up piled on the side of that duplex.
As far as I know he never even tried to move it. Started only coming when my truck was gone.

He got me back by changing the duplex to section 8
We moved before the next winter.

(For all I know he was gonna sec. 8 anyway.)
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#39]
People still shovel snow with the advanced equipment available in this day and age ?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#40]
City boy problems.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#41]
I plow and blow snow from my driveway onto my property but my neighbor thinks he has water in his basement from me pushing snow towards his house. The snow is 20feet from his house and the snow is on the downhill slope of his yard. Not sure how I’m contributing to his problem. Maybe his hot tub in the basement and not enough insulation is the problem? All around his foundation is clear for 2 feet. I’d say he’s got issues that aren’t me. He did have Obama and Tammy Baldwin signs in his yard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's just snow.
View Quote
Yes and no. Snow against the house leads to water in the basement come spring.

Also it is just not neighborly to blow snow onto your neighbors property.

I say the same thing in the fall with neighbors and leaves.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#43]
My neighbor pushed his snow across the street onto my lawn with a skid loader.

Now I have a 7ft tall mound of snow in front of my house and it toppled over onto my freshly snowblown sidewalk.

I told him to knock it the fuck off. I don’t want snow in my yard until fucking July.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Guess you missed

Yeah. Encourage someone who can't handle snow flung in their driveway...
To move to a state...
Where folks walk dogs and let them shit in your front yard.
Where folks set fireworks off on major holidays from 7pm until 3am.
Where hurricanes blow debris from up to 2 counties away into your yard.

Has all the makings of a FloridaMan story.
Going Clint Eastwood.
40 S&W pulled.
Miami_JBT shakes head in disgust as its been besmirched, again.
Red flags flown.
Weapons seized.

Meth, alligators, prostitutes, doing hood rat shit with your friends, leading up to being cashed ousside...

Hogglet and bald Cuban trollette take to twitter calling for more gibz gunz...
View Quote
Oh, I’m not encouraging anybody to move here.  As a matter of fact, they shouldn’t move to Tennessee either.  I was just asking if there was some reason it could not have been shoveled onto the neighbor’s own lawn.

And I’ll be happily shoveling snow again in under two years - if Tennessee does wash away before then.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#45]
As long as he isn't flinging it onto your driveway or a walkway that you use to get to parts of your property who cares? It will melt.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do you yell at clouds when it rains?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Maybe I'm strange but I shoveled my roof a week ago and made sure none of my snow landed on the neighbor's driveway which is directly next to my house.

I do own a snowblower and believe me the thought has crossed my mind to return said snow to neighbor.
View Quote
A couple of years ago my next door neighbor used a leaf blower to blow his leaves into my back yard. So I promptly blew his leaves and mine into his yard.
He raked it all up and bagged it.
Havent had that problem again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's just snow.
View Quote
No,its his neighbor being disrespectful.Like pissing on his feet to show dominance.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Oh the noes.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top