Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#2]
AC/DC

Back in black

Giving the dog a bone

Not really hardcore but classic shtf
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh another real black/death metal fan. DIMMU BORGIR IS GOOD SHIT!!! I have about 4 of their cds, spiritual black dimensions, the newest one(i can never remember, something about puritanical), and i think gardens of grief. its some good stuff [;)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Metallica - Die Die My Darling
Metallica - Motortbreath
Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
Sepultura - Arise

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
My age must be showing when all I can think of is older stuff...

Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia

Plasmatics - Masterplan

Motorhead - Killed by Death

Exodus - Toxic Waltz

Accept - Balls to the Wall

Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming

Ted Nugent - Stormtroopin

The Clash - Pick a song or album. There's too many to list.

(edited to add: will edit as I think of more) [:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Meshuggah
Death
Atheist (crazy jazzy death metal band)
Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
Napalm Death
Morbid Angel
Sepultura (especially the 'Roots' cd

Few others probably.. Meshuggah is my favorite out of all those though..

Edited to add some local stuff, can't foget the 502:

Incursion
My Own Victim( look for 'The good die young' I love that song..
Flaw has a lot of good stuff, and readily accessible.
False is good too, and my friend's band One With Misery might be to your liking:

http://owm.da.ru

Might not be able to find anything but flaw, worth looking though. I would have said tool too, as they're my favorite, not really my idea of SHTF music though, except Aenima maybe...
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Another good one - just about anything from Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
OMG, can't believe I forgot BLS..
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, I'm an old fart.

Nothing gets my blood lust going like some good old Led.

Gallows Poll, from III.

Dazed and Confused, from I or II.

Black Dog, from IV

No Quarter, from Houses of the Holy.

Many many others.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
PRO-PAIN, PRO-PAIN, PRO-PAIN!!!!

DEATH GOES ON!!!! MAKE WAR NOT LOVE!!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Superjoint Ritual "Fuck Your Enemy"
Helstar "The King is Dead"
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Iron maiden..The Trooper "you take my life but ill take yours too, you fire your musket but ill run you thru, so while youre waiting for your next attack..you better run theres no turning back"!!!!
Metallica's disposable heros is also a must.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#13]
So [b]Wipeout[/b] and [b]Batman[/b], what are some of the bands you checked out as a result of this thread that you really got turned on to?  I'm curious.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ahhh a fellow death metal fanatic. I like Suffocation, great stuff, arent they a new york band? As for Nile, theyre pretty decent as well, but i never got too into em, good band nevertheless. My favorite suffocation songs are probably funeral inception, catatonia, thrones of blood, you know, stuff a soccer mom could really get in to. I never really looked into dying fetus though. What are some other bands you like? As far as American death metal goes, i like Deicide, old Slayer, stuff along those lines. My real love of metal lies in the European stuff, especially Swedish death metal [;)]
View Quote

I'm with you...the Scandinavians really have it together.  I've seen In Flames play several times (although I think they're starting to turn into sissies), At the Gates, ummmm...Dark Tranquility, Emperor, Borknager.  I didn't mention these bands in my original reply because they are not as heavy and aggressive aas the ones I did mention.

You know about the guy from Emperor, right?  I think it was their original drummer or their bassist or something.  He was in a bar and a gay dude started hitting on him, so he took a [red][b]SWORD[/b][/red] and killed the guy!  Now I'm no supporter of gay bashing, but goddamn!  He killed a guy with a sword???

That is why he is no longer in the band--he is in jail for a couple years.

I also love Cradle of Filth as well as Hecate Enthroned, but again...those kinds of bands are more of an aquired taste.

If you want great Gotherburg-style metal, like In Flames or At the Gates, and you want to support the domestic music scene...check out a band called From the Depths from Cleveland.  They are on a major label now (Root of All Evil records, IIRC), and IMO are just as good, if not better than In Flames.  I'd say a bit heavier than In Flames, though.

And if I had to pick a single DEATH METAL album to recommend most highly, it would be [i]Yeest[/i] from Blood Duster (their 1st album).  Don't go and download 1 or 2 mp3s.  The album is structured so all the songs fit together and build on each other.  Just pay the money and get the real CD.  It is fucking great music for shooting, working out, having sex, whatever.  Accd to the reviews I read, Blood Duster's 2nd album (I forget the name) was a piece of shit, and I have their 3rd album called [i]Cunt[/i] which is pretty good, although it's pretty short.  Blood Duster is an Australian band.

Does anyone on this board ever go to the annual Milwaukee Metal Fest?  They feature something like 150 bands each year from all over the world.  Great way to get introduced to lots of unknown talent.  If any others go, IM me.  Maybe we can set up an AR15 Death Metal caravan for next year's Metal Fest.  I love the metal fest...great music, crazy freaks everywhere, and beautiful women all dressed up like
[red][size=6]SLUTS FROM HELL![/red][/size=6]

Alright I will end this before I get carried away.

Oh yeah, Amorphis used to be a good band, but anything after [i]Elegy[/i] sounds like it was written by a bunch of fruits.  Check out their earlier stuff, or [i]Elegy[/i] itself.

[url]http://www.metalfest.com[/url]

-Nick Viejo!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#15]
That's one thing I love about where I live, we have a great local metal scene. If any of you are every in the louisville metro area, send me an IM, and I can find you some cool shows to go to.

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#16]
suprisingly enough saliva has some good stuff.

titles:

your disease.

what went wrong.

the world is after me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ahhh a fellow death metal fanatic. I like Suffocation, great stuff, arent they a new york band? As for Nile, theyre pretty decent as well, but i never got too into em, good band nevertheless. My favorite suffocation songs are probably funeral inception, catatonia, thrones of blood, you know, stuff a soccer mom could really get in to. I never really looked into dying fetus though. What are some other bands you like? As far as American death metal goes, i like Deicide, old Slayer, stuff along those lines. My real love of metal lies in the European stuff, especially Swedish death metal [;)]
View Quote

I'm with you...the Scandinavians really have it together.  I've seen In Flames play several times (although I think they're starting to turn into sissies), At the Gates, ummmm...Dark Tranquility, Emperor, Borknager.  I didn't mention these bands in my original reply because they are not as heavy and aggressive aas the ones I did mention.

You know about the guy from Emperor, right?  I think it was their original drummer or their bassist or something.  He was in a bar and a gay dude started hitting on him, so he took a [red][b]SWORD[/b][/red] and killed the guy!  Now I'm no supporter of gay bashing, but goddamn!  He killed a guy with a sword???

That is why he is no longer in the band--he is in jail for a couple years.

I also love Cradle of Filth as well as Hecate Enthroned, but again...those kinds of bands are more of an aquired taste.

If you want great Gotherburg-style metal, like In Flames or At the Gates, and you want to support the domestic music scene...check out a band called From the Depths from Cleveland.  They are on a major label now (Root of All Evil records, IIRC), and IMO are just as good, if not better than In Flames.  I'd say a bit heavier than In Flames, though.

And if I had to pick a single DEATH METAL album to recommend most highly, it would be [i]Yeest[/i] from Blood Duster (their 1st album).  Don't go and download 1 or 2 mp3s.  The album is structured so all the songs fit together and build on each other.  Just pay the money and get the real CD.  It is fucking great music for shooting, working out, having sex, whatever.  Accd to the reviews I read, Blood Duster's 2nd album (I forget the name) was a piece of shit, and I have their 3rd album called [i]Cunt[/i] which is pretty good, although it's pretty short.  Blood Duster is an Australian band.

Does anyone on this board ever go to the annual Milwaukee Metal Fest?  They feature something like 150 bands each year from all over the world.  Great way to get introduced to lots of unknown talent.  If any others go, IM me.  Maybe we can set up an AR15 Death Metal caravan for next year's Metal Fest.  I love the metal fest...great music, crazy freaks everywhere, and beautiful women all dressed up like
[red][size=6]SLUTS FROM HELL![/red][/size=6]

Alright I will end this before I get carried away.

Oh yeah, Amorphis used to be a good band, but anything after [i]Elegy[/i] sounds like it was written by a bunch of fruits.  Check out their earlier stuff, or [i]Elegy[/i] itself.

[url]http://www.metalfest.com[/url]

-Nick Viejo!!!
View Quote

Oh man this is great. I LOVE In Flames, theyre what got me started in the scene. Their new album, Reroute to Remain isnt all that great IMO, so maybe they are falling apart. I love At The Gates too, Slaughter of the Soul is one of the best frigging metal albums ever. Dark Tranquility...great stuff too. I own The Gallery, Skydancer, Projector, maybe one or two more. You ever heard of Opeth? Theyre Swedish too, one of my favorite bands. What about bands like Soilwork, Gardenian, Arch Enemy, The Haunted, Dimension Zero, Ebony Tears, Children Of Bodom,  stuff like that. I dont listen to em too heavily but i love the Swedish sound. Ive heard Amorphis before, its pretty decent stuff, i just didnt get into it all that much.........I know about the sword thing, but im pretty sure the band youre thinking of is DISSECTION, im pretty sure the guy was a big time Nazi also.
Ive heard of that metalfest, man itd be nice to go to that, i bet those concerts get whacky [;)] .....
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:30:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Though a little dated, you must include:

"We're Not Goin to Take It (Anymore)"
by
Twisted Sister
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#19]

HATEBREED! A Call For Blood, Last Breath, Smash your Enemies...anything but I Will be Heard- it's too slow.
[:D]I'm going to the show on December 30!

Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Someone posted a link earlier to a music video montage of BHD footage put to the song "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" by Drowning Pool.  
View Quote

where is this?

and dont forget Metallica "Dont tread on me"
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Several things about this thread so far concern
me.
1) (c)rap is offered as a legitmate form of
music.

2)Rammstein has only been mentioned once,with
a dated song,none the less.

People,there is nothing cooler than Rammstein.
Besides,how many times does a band use assault
rifles and machine pistols in their music videos?
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#22]
heres a few bands i like when im pissed off:

Clutch
Slipknot
Korn
Downset
NIN
System of the Down
Perfect Circle
Deftones
Life of Agony
Ministry
Pantera
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Nobody mentioned Manowar? They're a little older...
Metallica-Damage Inc.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm surprised there's only one mention of Opeth.  I just recently ran onto them and some of their stuff is amazing.  Another great Swedish (I think) band is Therion.  Opeth and Therion aren't really workout/bang your head on the wall stuff but some of it will blow your mind.  Two that haven't been mentioned that are pretty intense are Amon Amarth and Kataklysm.  Get anything you can find by Kataklysm and for AA look for, Ride for Vengeance, Without Fear, Victorious March, Last With Pagan Blood, Thor Arise, God His Son and Holy Whore, Masters of War, Eyes of Horror, The Sound of Eight Hooves and the list goes on.  Seriously bad ass Skandinavian Viking metal.  

For more mainstream stuff can't beat War Nerve by Pantera.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Soulfly "Seek and Strike"
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Soulfly - Jump Da Fuck Up
Badass fucking song!!!
lyrics:

Muthafucka u don't understand
All my hate!
All my rage!
All my pain!
Muthafucka u don't understand...

You seem to sever all my frequencies
I'm tethered to your energies
And everything turns inside out
I can't be killed but I'm not too proud

Maybe you would like to peek through the curtain
At the same mistake you know you always make
But...all I really want to know is
Are you gonna lay the fuck back down
Or jump da fuck up?

Walking in da streets and looking at all this shit
I'm full of hate, don't fuck with me
Open up your eyes and fucking see
We got the tribe against society
We got to fight the real enemy
Get da fuck up, stand da fuck up
Back da fuck up

All this is making things a bit insane
And I don't care who stares or stays
The only thing that matters is
Will you reach out if you can't resist?

Maybe you don't give a shit for the rest of us
But if you do, the time is now, if it ever was
If you're gonna fight, whatcha gonna do?
Jump da fuck up!

How dare you single out my honesty
Compare me to your travesties
I only want to see you fight
The darkness you wanna live your life by

And if you're gonna quit
I don't give a shit
What the fuck, I'm a Mack truck
Are you gonna give up like a bitch
Or jump da fuck up?

I'm full of hate, don't fuck with me
Open up your eyes and fucking see
We got the tribe against society
We got to fight the real enemy
Get da fuck up, stand da fuck up
Muthafuckaaaaaaaarrggghhhh

I'm a self-destructive piece of shit
Smear me in
I don't owe you a goddamn thing
This life has never had the swing
I don't wanna be immortal or legend or anything
Cuz the longer I'm alive, the better off you'll be
Get ready for epitome, come on and pity me...
Will you kill me if I say please?

I'm the same old reasons not to try
What the hell
Beat to death with a shovel and a new smell
Come and get me, mom would never let me do it
I'm ruined, I don't want anything from you
Cuz I've got nothing left to prove, c'mon
My time, everything feels fine, goodbye
Killing from the inside
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#27]
While contemplating TSHTF, I like to listen to Suicidal Tendencies' 1992 album "The Art of Rebellion."

My favorite song from this album is "Gotta Kill Captain Stupid:"

"Ah damn, we got a lot of stupid people
Doin' a lot of stupid things
Thinking a lot of stupid thoughts
And if you want to see one
Just look in the mirror

Gotta kill Captain Stupid..."

I'll also second the votes for Iron Maiden and Motorhead.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top