User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
MTV killed rock.

In as much it is not about the songwriting, the playing or the singing now. It's about the look, the gimmick, the slick production of the videos the artist hire to direct and produce for them.

Exactamundo.

Rock & Roll has always been "image-heavy" - but since the mid 80s, it's been ENTIRELY about image and agents.

And MTV prophesized this with the very first video they ever aired.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There's still plenty of good metal being made...it's just that alot of it is from overseas.
And really metal is all I listen too, I accepted anything that will get airplay is for the most part going to suck long ago.

List some bands so we can check it out.

Depends what type of metal you are after. The ones I'm listening to a lot right now are Children of Bodom, Shade Empire, Dark Tranquility, In Flames (pre reroute to remain), Bathory, hmm Exodus just put out a new album thats pretty good.

Not overseas but Dog Fashion Disco is good quirky stuff with a new album coming out in feb that sounds amazing.

another good one if you like power metal at all is the newest Kamelot - The Black Halo
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
All I have to say is Nickelback.

Stupid fucking Canadians. I wish someone would firebomb their tour bus. I can't change the station fast enough. Thank God for XM, especially Fungus53.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quick question:

How may Elvis songs can you name?

How many Mariah Carey songs can you name?

'nuff said!

[elvis]Thank ya verrah much![/elvis]

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Every decade has had it's fair share of crap-ola. It just seems to be more prevalent now than it used to.

I'm gonna toss a Cream LP on the turntable now, and forget about everything else.

Turntable?
WTF?

You must be really old Subnet.

I'm 26. They sound better.

+1.. I listen to LPs all the time..    

Only use CD or MP3 when I play it at excessive volume..  I havent figured out how to get rid of the feedback caused the stylus picking up the vibrations from the speakers.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ROck n Roll is DEAD.  I haven't heard anything really worth listening to in about 8 or 9 years.

This so called music [digitally mastered noise] freak'in sucks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Every decade has had it's fair share of crap-ola. It just seems to be more prevalent now than it used to.

I'm gonna toss a Cream LP on the turntable now, and forget about everything else.

Turntable?
WTF?

You must be really old Subnet.

I'm 26. They sound better.

So you've never heard of these things called casettes? or CD's? or MP3's?

j/k with you Subnet.  

You are just really young.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top