BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And he'd have gotten a 9 mil skullbuster to the brainpan, just like you would have gotten had you been living back then refusing orders.

Let them live their 'I would have single-handedly fought the Third Reich!!!!' fantasies.

It's not a fantasy. It's a choice.

FUCKING A' BAMA.

You have no idea how much respect I have for you.

You have no idea how much I despise anybody who implies that it is ok to commit horrendous attrocities and engage in behavior that is clearly WRONG in order to lengthen your own life.

That is complete and disgusting cowardice.  That part of human nature is why we will be fucking fighting wars and living in a world full of tyrants and fucks until the world is no more.

You are going to die one day people.  Fucking pull your head out of your ass and come to grips with it.  And when you die, you will consider it to soon.  You CANNOT change that fact.

What you do have control over is what you do with the time you do have.  I would much rather die at 25 standing up for my principles then live to be 90 because I was a cowardous pathetic fuck.

eta:  NO THANKS to people sticking up for this guy with the "just following orders" drivel, America is free today.  NO THANKS to people with that attitude, America will continue to be free.  I wonder how many of you would have risked your lives by signing the declaration of independence, or taking up arms in defense of freedom and WHAT IS RIGHT like so many better men have before us.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck him.  Deport his ass.

I'm so astounded by some of the responses in this thread I don't know where to begin.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fuck him.  Deport his ass.

I'm so astounded by some of the responses in this thread I don't know where to begin.

+1
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Try him.  If there is evidence he was an SS guard at Dachau and it stands up under scrutiny in trial, he's a war criminal and should be treated as such.  No statute of limitations for SS members, particularly those who served in any capacity in the camps.  I don't care if he's in a hospital bed, if he's found to be a war criminal who is in this country under false pretenses then deport him immediately, preferably to Israel so he can stand trial for his actions in the camps.

It's particularly disturbing to read some of these posters who seem to feel that if you are under orders to commit an atrocity and you know what you're doing is wrong, a sin, but you still do it, the fact that you were ordered to gives you some form of immunity for punishment.  Doesn't work that way.  E-1 to 0-10, doesn't matter if you give the orders or pull the trigger, crimes are committed and everyone involved must pay.  

It's particularly disturbing that since the Jews got their asses handed to them by Hezbollah last year they need to make themselves feel better by capturing an 85 year old man.  "Nazi Hunters" crack me up.  Want to save the jewish race?  Take your ass back to Israel and guard the fucking border so no more IDF troops get captured by Hezbollah for whatever the savages can dream up to do to some Israeli kid.

I read this.  Then I read it again, but it still doesn't make a lick of sense.  What the hell does this have to do with Israel and Hezbollah?  The man is accused of falsifying his immigration documents to hide the fact that he is a potential war criminal.  If that is proved, he should be deported.  Break this down for me and tell me how Hezbollah fits into this.

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wonder if I would find favor with those posting if I took your firearms because of orders? If I rounded up your family because of orders? If I marched your children to a gas chamber because of orders? If I stood at the gate to keep you in because of orders?

I wonder.

All I'm saying is this: It would take a mighty strong-willed and deeply principled person to stand up for their beliefs like that and know they're going to die for it.

I don't think I could do it and probably only know one person I've ever met who would resist knowing full well what awaited them.

Most people didn't resist and today most still wouldn't resist. Look at who killed regular people for the Soviets, N. Vietnamese, Chi-Coms, Idi Amin, Saddam, et al. They were all regular people just like us. People are people.

Over and out.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder if I would find favor with those posting if I took your firearms because of orders? If I rounded up your family because of orders? If I marched your children to a gas chamber because of orders? If I stood at the gate to keep you in because of orders?

I wonder.

Do we have facts that he did any of this or does it not bother you to condemn a man on assumptions?  What if the government 'assumed' that you were committing crimes with your guns and came and took them all away?

Rereading, at worst we can say that he guarded the gates to a concentration camp.  Should we round up all the men that guarded the concentration camps we kept the Japanese in during WWII and hang them too?

I realize you are young. But if our troops stood on the line while Americans of Japense descendants were led to their death in gas chambers, yes they should be prosecuted.

Also I would advise that you look up the difference between a concentration camp and interment camp. They are different.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder.

Do we have facts that he did any of this or does it not bother you to condemn a man on assumptions?  What if the government 'assumed' that you were committing crimes with your guns and came and took them all away?

Rereading, at worst we can say that he guarded the gates to a concentration camp.  Should we round up all the men that guarded the concentration camps we kept the Japanese in during WWII and hang them too?

I realize you are young. But if our troops stood on the line while Americans of Japense descendants were led to their death in gas chambers, yes they should be prosecuted.

Also I would advise that you look up the difference between a concentration camp and interment camp. They are different.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder.

All I'm saying is this: It would take a mighty strong-willed and deeply principled person to stand up for their beliefs like that and know they're going to die for it.

I don't think I could do it and probably only know one person I've ever met who would resist knowing full well what awaited them.

Most people didn't resist and today most still wouldn't resist. Look at who killed regular people for the Soviets, N. Vietnamese, Chi-Coms, Idi Amin, Saddam, et al. They were all regular people just like us. People are people.

Over and out.

And that is EXACTLY WHY you must ALWAYS do whats right, even when it is not in your best interests.

The only mark any one man can leave on the world, is to live his life in accordance with his principles and in such a way that if everyone did, that type of shit wouldn't happen.

eta:  I am sorry if I have insulted anyone in this thread.  But some of you guys need to re-evaluate your foundation.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Well damn! If chest-thumping bravado-filled posts on teh interwebz could have hurt the Nazis, we wouldn't have needed to land at Normandy after this thread!

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How many of you as E-1 or E-3 would have refused to do your ordered duty when it was a lawfull order? I am not making excuses but from the sounds of it this guy was a dog trainer and at his age I doubt he is going to start retraining dogs and rounding up Jews.

But Chester the Molestor who has raped 3 year olds on tape is not found

Its about prioritys the DOJ has limited resources is it wise to spend them on something that happend 40 years ago and by their own admission the man had a miniscule role in

I'm betting plenty of Americans serving in the armed forces would refuse "lawful" orders to set attack dogs on "prisoners" who weren't criminals and who's only reason for being in the extermination camps is because they were Jews.

Poor old man Henss had no idea what was happening in the camps when the ovens were working around the clock to get rid of the corpses of the "inmates" and the sky was constantly black with soot that smelled of death for miles around.

The stacks of dead bodies, suitcases, eyeglasses, personal belongings and gold teeth didn't tip him off that murder on an enormous scale was taking place 24 hours a day while he stood over the inmates with his guard dog.

And I suppose he thought the starving, emaciated prisoners he saw each and every day were being well treated and adequately fed.

Old man Henss never chatted with the other guards as to what was going on in the death camp where he worked with his dog.

He never even heard any rumors about the gas chambers.

Trainloads of victims arrived on schedule but the camps were never full; old Paul Henss never noticed.

No doubt he never heard a word about the "showers" and he never ever joked among his fellow guards about the Jews that were killed there.

And he certainly never,ever in a million years would put his dog on an inmate; be it a man, women or child.

As a matter of fact he never wondered where the children who were brought to the death camps were.

Fuck old man Henss, just because he escaped justice for too damn long doesn't mean that he should be let off now because of his age.

Fuck him and all of his kind; they weren't always old men.

They were monsters once.

WOW all I can say is WOW I was getting soft reading about the old man in question But you are correct FUCK HIM...........JUST WOW...........This ranks up there with one of the best reply's I'v ever read Here

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder.

To my knowledge there weren't any gas chambers at Dachau.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well damn! If chest-thumping bravado-filled posts on teh interwebz could have hurt the Nazis, we wouldn't have needed to land at Normandy after this thread!

I garaun-damn-tee you that the first wave of men on the beaches of Normandy were DAMN WELL ready to DIE for their beliefs, for what was right, because THAT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Those men are why at least some of the world is free today.  What is right and what is wrong is not to be taken lightly, and sure as hell isn't a matter of convenience.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not our problem.  I find it funny how there's an elite Nazi hunting unit while there's hundreds of AQ sleeper cells still around.
Someone in the DOJ has their priorities fucked up.

Let's hope it doesn't take over 60 years to catch up with those fuckers but if it does. they deserve to be brought to justice as well.

I totally agree.  60 years doesn't make the crime any less heinous.  I just think we should be dealing with people who are threats right now.  An ex nazi is still a criminal, but I doubt he is going to try to kill Americans in the name of Allah.  I just think it's a serious misallocation of valuable assets.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder.

A death camp is still a death camp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachau_concentration_camp

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#15]

In early 1941, Henss volunteered to serve in the Waffen SS and became an SS dog handler in 1942 after serving in the elite Waffen SS combat unit “Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler.”

He was Waffen SS.  That's good enough for me.  Deport his ass.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder.

I still have a very hard time convicting a man on only assumptions...
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I wonder.

Excellent point...considering how many LEO on this site talk about "just following orders..."
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#18]
For anyone that thinks Old Man Hess was just a simple SS guard and couldn't have done wrong, please read "Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland" by Christopher Browning.  Then get back to me.

ETA:  page 4 is my bitch
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder.

'Bama...I like your principles.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder.

Dachau has a gas chamber, it just was not used for mass murders.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
For anyone that thinks Old Man Hess was just a simple SS guard and couldn't have done wrong, please read "Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland" by Christopher Browning.  Then get back to me.

Great book.
It's all about justice. I just think that there is a tendency to automatically assume that any former Nazi was right there in Auschwitz, turning on the gas. Just because he was SS doesn't mean he was sitting at the table with Heydrich at the Wannsee Conference crunching the numbers and saying "Yeah, I think we can handle that many." He deserves a fair trial, and punishment that fits HIS particular crimes. It's very possible that he was a maniacal SOB, and his daily routine included choosing a random 14 year old prisoner to exercise his dogs and give them a taste for blood. It's also very possible that he just guarded the gate with dogs and looked menacing. The Germans documented damn near everything. If he was anybody worth anything, they'll have copies of reports that he turned in regarding "processing" of prisoners, dog training, results of attempted escapes etc. The only thing they might not have (due to the time) is eyewitnesses to say "Yes, that son of a bitch turned his dogs loose on my mother, right in front of us," or "He was the kind guard, who looked the other way when the locals were sneaking bread to us."
We don't know.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great book.
It's all about justice. I just think that there is a tendency to automatically assume that any former Nazi was right there in Auschwitz, turning on the gas. Just because he was SS doesn't mean he was sitting at the table with Heydrich at the Wannsee Conference crunching the numbers and saying "Yeah, I think we can handle that many." He deserves a fair trial, and punishment that fits HIS particular crimes. It's very possible that he was a maniacal SOB, and his daily routine included choosing a random 14 year old prisoner to exercise his dogs and give them a taste for blood. It's also very possible that he just guarded the gate with dogs and looked menacing. The Germans documented damn near everything. If he was anybody worth anything, they'll have copies of reports that he turned in regarding "processing" of prisoners, dog training, results of attempted escapes etc. The only thing they might not have (due to the time) is eyewitnesses to say "Yes, that son of a bitch turned his dogs loose on my mother, right in front of us," or "He was the kind guard, who looked the other way when the locals were sneaking bread to us."
We don't know.

I agree, and at the very least he is an illegal alien.  So he definitely needs deported baring anything else.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

In early 1941, Henss volunteered to serve in the Waffen SS and became an SS dog handler in 1942 after serving in the elite Waffen SS combat unit “Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler.”

So were 900,000 other men. Do you really think they were all individually guilty of war crimes?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So were 900,000 other men. Do you really think they were all individually guilty of war crimes?

I don't have a problem if they simply deport him(though the fact that they wasted the time to 'hunt' this guy down shows just how fucked up their priorities are).  He committed a crime that is punishable by deportation.

I have a problem with the people in here calling for his hanging or saying he should have hanged after the war.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#25]
BTW, don't get too amped up about the "elite nazi hunting unit" part. It's probably 2 historians, an intern and stack of phonebooks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that none of them belong in this country.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
In my opinion Henss was a man fighting for his country.  Is what he did absolutly right...  Probably not.  But how in the hell do we know exactly what he did?  We don't.  The only thing that anyone knows for a fact is he apparently lied when he immigrated here over 50 years ago.

A good friend that I work with was in the Army for both Desert Storms.  He told me that at the begining of the invasion he (he was a take commander) killed anyone with a weapon.  Period.  If they were rolling through a town and someone came out of their house to watch the tanks roll through and they had a weapon...  they were getting shot.  They weren't taking any chances and I don't blame them.  But they killed people who probably otherwise shouldn't have been killed.  Should he be labeled as a murderer?  I don't think so.  And if you want to label him you should label thousands and thousands of other marines and soldiers.

I'm not saying that the concentration camps were right or anything like that.  He was a soldier.  Not making decisions or ordering people to do anything.  According to the article he was a guard for 6 months at the most.

my .02

flame away

Genocide vs Battle.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In my opinion Henss was a man fighting for his country.  Is what he did absolutly right...  Probably not.  But how in the hell do we know exactly what he did?  We don't.  The only thing that anyone knows for a fact is he apparently lied when he immigrated here over 50 years ago.

A good friend that I work with was in the Army for both Desert Storms.  He told me that at the begining of the invasion he (he was a take commander) killed anyone with a weapon.  Period.  If they were rolling through a town and someone came out of their house to watch the tanks roll through and they had a weapon...  they were getting shot.  They weren't taking any chances and I don't blame them.  But they killed people who probably otherwise shouldn't have been killed.  Should he be labeled as a murderer?  I don't think so.  And if you want to label him you should label thousands and thousands of other marines and soldiers.

I'm not saying that the concentration camps were right or anything like that.  He was a soldier.  Not making decisions or ordering people to do anything.  According to the article he was a guard for 6 months at the most.

my .02

flame away

Genocide vs Battle.

Dog trainer vs Mengele
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Genocide vs Battle.

Dog trainer vs Mengele

Can't have one without the other.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my .02

flame away

Genocide vs Battle.

I didn't get my edit in fast enough
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Unless they've got something solid on him (maybe they do, we'll see soon enough), he's going to get stripped of his citizenship and that'll be it. They'll want to deport him, but no one will take him (just like Demjanjuk), so he'll be here without any SocSec benefits, etc.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

my .02

flame away

And before anyone says it yes I realize there's a difference between shooting someone who might be a threat vs a concentration camp where the only reason people who are there is their ethnic background.

Just don't think everyone should be trying to label the guy as a murderer.

Another arguement.  I built up bombs for aircraft.  Should I be blamed if the pilot screws up and dropped a bomb on a school?  That like saying you should blame and sue a firearms manufacturer when someone shoots someone else.  The man was a guard.

If you recognize this huge, gaping flaw in your analogy, why make it? Why attempt to directly tie the actions of US troops on the battlefield facing armed individuals to the actions of the Nazis at the concentration camps? In what twisted little world do you come up with comparisons like that?

Show your "good friend" your posts. Tell him that reading a thread about Nazi concentration camps made you think of him and his service.

Are you really incapable of seeing how offensive your post is?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Gotta remember, at the time in Germany that was the thing to do. Every single one of us here would have probably been doing the same thing if we were German citizens under Hitler.

Probably the most disturbing post of this entire thread.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gotta remember, at the time in Germany that was the thing to do. Every single one of us here would have probably been doing the same thing if we were German citizens under Hitler.

But the truth.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But the truth.  

Dont forget to wear your lapel flag pin while jerking off to the PATRIOT Act.

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#36]
C'mon - this dude trained/handled dogs for the SS!?!?

Lynch him.

Doing so would STILL get him a better life than his compatriots gave my great-grandparents - neither of whom survived the war.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Children in this line, women in this line, men in this line. I'm just following orders. Everybody is doing it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#38]
The war is over.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But the truth.  

Besides, hitler never killed anybody.
Himself.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The war is over.

If I guard the gate as your mother is burned in an oven, would you feel the same?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The war is over.

If I guard the gate as your mother is burned in an oven, would you feel the same?

The war is still over, regardless of how anyone 'feels' about it.

Virtually everyone who was in Europe during WW2 was wronged to some degree by someone or other. At some point, you have to say 'War Over',or you wind up with the retarded sort of endless bickering that you see in Israel or Yugoslavia.

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#43]
HANG HIM!
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
He participated in mass murder. He's a murder.

Yes.  An accessory or accomplice, at the very least.  He's breathed free air long enough.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I read about halfway through this and I am dumbfounded.

More of this "just following orders" bullshit again.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU FUCKING DO.  Period.  I don't care what the law says, or what somebody you see as an authority figure tells you to do.

YOU are responsible for your actions.  Right will always be right, and wrong will always be wrong.  Period fucking dot.

I feel bad for him.  I feel bad that this poor old man was such a fucking idiot, that he somehow didn't think he was responsible for his own fucking actions, like a lot of people in America today.  But that's just to damn bad.

I don't CARE what is legal or illegal.  If you try to do something that is WRONG to me or my family, I WILL use whatever means at my disposal to stop you.  If the government orders me to do something that is wrong, or attempts to wrong me, I will resist.

Why?  Because RIGHT AND WRONG supercede "orders" and "law".  Period.  The "law" only has any real life authority when it is in accordance with what is right and wrong.  The strength of the state alone is not real authority when it is in the wrong, its just thug violence.

And he'd have gotten a 9 mil skullbuster to the brainpan, just like you would have gotten had you been living back then refusing orders.

I personally would have gladly taken that rather than participate in mass murder of innocent human beings.  I would rather die young with a clear conscience than spend decades seeing a murderer every time I looked in the mirror.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The war is over.

Virtually everyone who was in Europe during WW2 was wronged to some degree by someone or other. At some point, you have to say 'War Over',or you wind up with the retarded sort of endless bickering that you see in Israel or Yugoslavia.

I read your post, and the first thing that comes to mind is a quote from, of all things, a movie.  Nicol Williamson, playing Merlin in the movie Excalibur, said “For it is the doom of man, that they forget”.  You are suggesting that the honest men and women of this society should close our eyes to the presence of murderers among us.  Crimes against the innocent and the helpless should never be forgotten or forgiven.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Actually my father's Jewish so I would probably be dead.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Kill him, if asked by the guberment I would do it myself.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You are suggesting that the honest men and women of this society should close our eyes to the presence of murderers among us.

The guy started off as a dog trainer, now he's a murderer. I'll bet there will be some nonsense about bars of soap next.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The war is over.

War is one thing. Wholesale murder is another.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top