Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 says Seattle.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Go Seahawks
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hawks will win, I just hope Rodgers is healthy so I don't have to hear Packers fans whine about his leg for the next year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a way both can lose? I guess I will pull for Seattle simply because the Packers are my Bears main enemy
View Quote

You're into the bears huh?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there a way both can lose? I guess I will pull for Seattle simply because the Packers are my Bears main enemy

Sometimes the jokes just write themselves.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No way "Gimpy" (a.k.a. Rogers) will come out on top of this one...
View Quote
He looked like he was having a hard time placing the ball accurately in his passes, due to not having a stable base to throw from.  Seattle has a secondary that you really really don't want to throw inaccurately against.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So apt.  

I was in Seattle last week and all the tower cranes had 12th man flags.  Tons of 12th man stuff in general everywhere.  Its retarded.  10 years ago nobody really gave a shit about the Seahawks.

Super Bowl 40
Yep.  I was back home for the conference championship game, jerseys everywhere, 12 flags everywhere...but no one gave a shit, apparently.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He looked like he was having a hard time placing the ball accurately in his passes, due to not having a stable base to throw from.  Seattle has a secondary that you really really don't want to throw inaccurately against.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No way "Gimpy" (a.k.a. Rogers) will come out on top of this one...

Not to mention the Seattle pass rush is brutal.  Rodgers just won't be able to get out of his own way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Everything I say is coming from a lifelong Packers supporter; they will be beaten by the Seahawks.  

The Seahawks have a faster, better tackling defense.  Every week I see the Packers defense miss tackles that other teams make.

I desperately want the Packers to win, but I don't like their chances.
View Quote
This guy gets it

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#12]
As someone that lives in the Seattle area, and watched nearly game between 1988-2010, I'm picking the Seahawks to win.  

Having said that I half wish they will lose so all the bipolar sports fans up here (translated fans only when teams win) will shut up.  All their "we," "us," "my" gibberish like they are a part of the team is mental.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As someone that lives in the Seattle area, and watched nearly game between 1998-2010, I'm picking the Seahawks to win.  

Having said that I half wish they will lose so all the bipolar sports fans up here (translated fans only when teams win) will shut up.  All their "we," "us," "my" gibberish like they are a part of the team is mental.
View Quote

I was basically born into being a fan (my dad started rooting for them in '76), and I watched damn near every game growing up.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Seattle just never has had much success with championships in any sport.  I also believe that a lot of the bandwagoners will stick around when the Hawks finally fade away.  Sure some will fall off, but a lot will stick around.  Same way that the Stealers, Cowgirls, Whiners, and any number of other teams with past glory attract a ton of fans.  It just so happens the Hawks are finally having that success now instead of in the past.  Would you have been annoyed as a Niners fan in say the late 80's when they started attracting new fans?  I really don't get annoyed by it.  I love the fact that my favorite team is finally getting recognition!  And there has always been a core of life long fans here, it's just the rest of the country hasn't been able to see it, since they never really operated on a national level.

Also the whole, "I, we, us" thing, I really don't care what people say.  It all comes from man's tribal mentality.  I will say though that Seattle fans do have a much more significant impact on home games than many other teams, so there is something to saying "Us" for those lucky enough to attend...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe the Hawks will win.  They are at home and Rodgers is a gimp right now.  

I would rather see Green Bay win though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was basically born into being a fan (my dad started rooting for them in '76), and I watched damn near every game growing up.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Seattle just never has had much success with championships in any sport.  I also believe that a lot of the bandwagoners will stick around when the Hawks finally fade away.  Sure some will fall off, but a lot will stick around.  Same way that the Stealers, Cowgirls, Whiners, and any number of other teams with past glory attract a ton of fans.  It just so happens the Hawks are finally having that success now instead of in the past.  Would you have been annoyed as a Niners fan in say the late 80's when they started attracting new fans?  I really don't get annoyed by it.  I love the fact that my favorite team is finally getting recognition!  And there has always been a core of life long fans here, it's just the rest of the country hasn't been able to see it, since they never really operated on a national level.

Also the whole, "I, we, us" thing, I really don't care what people say.  It all comes from man's tribal mentality.  I will say though that Seattle fans do have a much more significant impact on home games than many other teams, so there is something to saying "Us" for those lucky enough to attend...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As someone that lives in the Seattle area, and watched nearly game between 1998-2010, I'm picking the Seahawks to win.  

That's a huge part of it, when the Mariners got good people hopped on...until they traded everyone away
The Seahawks had well over a decade of largely terrible drafts and signing big name players when they were super old.  Until Holmgrim (a nickname some of my friends and I gave him) shifted the mentality of the franchise.  
The Sonics had tons of fans when they were good, but we know where they are now.  If the support was there the city would have done what they wanted, it wasn't there.

I get people jumping aboard but the people up here are mental about it.  Boasting how they are lifelong fans, when they don't know who in the hell Kennedy, Warren, Easley, Watters, Etc. are, just to name a few.  But they all know about the Boz
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's a huge part of it, when the Mariners got good people hopped on...until they traded everyone away
The Seahawks had well over a decade of largely terrible drafts and signing big name players when they were super old.  Until Holmgrim (a nickname some of my friends and I gave him) shifted the mentality of the franchise.  
The Sonics had tons of fans when they were good, but we know where they are now.  If the support was there the city would have done what they wanted, it wasn't there.

I get people jumping aboard but the people up here are mental about it.  Boasting how they are lifelong fans, when they don't know who in the hell Kennedy, Warren, Easley, Watters, Etc. are, just to name a few.  But they all know about the Boz
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The BOZ!  I, ashamedly so, admit I totally rocked a Bozworth mullet in kindergarten.  Don't forget Warner, Largent, Kreig, or Zorn!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I want to see the pack win, but, sadly, the Seattle D is too strong for Rodgers and co. to beat.

Thinking it is Seahawks/Patriots in the SB, and I hope the Seattle D crushes Brady 5 ways.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I want to see the pack win, but, sadly, the Seattle D is too strong for Rodgers and co. to beat.

Thinking it is Seahawks/Patriots in the SB, and I hope the Seattle D crushes Brady 5 ways.
View Quote
From what I've seen of Brady in the past, if a D can lay him on his ass a few times, put him under pressure, he starts performing erratically.

*looks at Seattle's D*

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Seattle Seahawks for the win. I just hope Aaron Rodgers doesn't get further injured.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Seattle Seahawks for the win. I just hope Aaron Rodgers doesn't get further injured.
View Quote
No, I don't want to see him injured any further, I just want him (well, his team, nothing against him personally) to lose.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Go Seahawks
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#24]
SEA!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Would have been interesting if the Broncos had won.  All four teams in the next round would have had a QB with at least one ring.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
SEA!!!
View Quote

HAWKS!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Shamelessly stolen for FB
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I like both teams  Think I'll just drink beer and see who wins
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Would have been interesting if the Broncos had won.  All four teams in the next round would have had a QB with at least one ring.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That would have been pretty cool.  Which reminds me of something interesting about this year!  It's the first time since 1083 (and only the second time ever), where 3 of the final four QB's are Super Bowl champs, and one QB isn't.  The QB that didn't have a ring that year was Dave Kreig!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Reddit in my case
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That would have been pretty cool.  Which reminds me of something interesting about this year!  It's the first time since 1083 (and only the second time ever), where 3 of the final four QB's are Super Bowl champs, and one QB isn't.  The QB that didn't have a ring that year was Dave Kreig!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1983?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

1983?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1983?

Nope, 1083!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nope, 1083!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1983?

Nope, 1083!

The Saxons always did have a weak offensive line.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

1983?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1983?
How can you forget the Superbowl between the Norman Conquerors and the Catalan Princes?

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Rodgers is going to get Discount Double Fucked.
View Quote

That Wroggers guy too
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#39]

I wonder, sometimes, if his question of Wroggers at the end of the regular season game wasn't meant to goad him into trying some throws in Sherman's direction the next time they met.

With questionable accuracy (I suspect due to a poor platform, with the injured leg), that could be a very, very bad goad to rise to.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#40]

That's awesome.

Yoink!

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#41]
<----------------------------------
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Seahawks lead nearly every defensive category.

Also in top 25% of offensive ones.

They will win again...handily.
View Quote

Yup........
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Seattle beats the Pack, they will beat the Patriots.  The two teams are way too similar in methodology and composition.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Well he is right... No one thought Seattle had any chance the previous several decades as they languished at the bottom... But then 10 years ago they did make it to the Superbowl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So apt.  

I was in Seattle last week and all the tower cranes had 12th man flags.  Tons of 12th man stuff in general everywhere.  Its retarded.  10 years ago nobody really gave a shit about the Seahawks.

Super Bowl 40

Well he is right... No one thought Seattle had any chance the previous several decades as they languished at the bottom... But then 10 years ago they did make it to the Superbowl.

And were robbed by the Steeler loving referees.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Today is the day...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What is your hard-on for the CLink?  What's so different about Hawks fans than anywhere else?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I should root for the Seahawks as Wilson grew up here in Virginia but I can't stand that rainy netherworld of a stadium and the retarded fans.

Go Packers.

What is your hard-on for the CLink?  What's so different about Hawks fans than anywhere else?

Seattle fans are new to this whole "winning" thing, and there's a certain arrogance that, when combined with the ignorance shown by the majority of the bandwagon fans (and let's face it, the majority of Seattle fans ARE bandwaggoners), it's a horrible combination full of WTF and Derp.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#48]
The Legion of Boom is going to shut down the Double Check guy.

The Packers running game is going to be hard to slow down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#49]
The weather here is fucking horrible.  40mph wind, driving rain, dark as fuck.

SEA
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I want the Packers to win, but it will probably be the Seachickens. They are clearly the better team this year. But in football, all that matters is who plays better today, not who is the better team. And the Packers have improved a lot since the last time they played, so it should be a good game.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top