Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I has been 16 months since I bought a can.

Maybe I'll give SS single shot trust and DA a try.  

41F is bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of you folks would bitch if it was instant cause you'd have to fill out a form.  Bunch of ungrateful bastards around here.

The fact that the Gov listened to the industry and changed something for the good should be great in itself.  Even better part is they have a form generator now, and it's free!  All you need to do is fill it in, and print it!!
View Quote
lol you just embodied the meme in every facet...Pick up that can, citizen!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I has been 16 months since I bought a can.

Maybe I'll give SS single shot trust and DA a try.  

41F is bullshit.
View Quote
Call the ATF and find out if your can was approved, if it was ask them for an email address and the name of person that can send you a copy. I did this two weeks ago and my stamps were mailed to me last week.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Moar This.

Look at NFATracker.com and follow the trend line. It seems to be dropping precipitously.

Currently people are getting F4 to Individual from November and the trend line is down.

If you submitted a F4 to Individual in May, my estimate is you'll have it within ~150 days.

After that things might stabilize, might go down, might go up, might go away. (Fuck I hope) Submissions are *WAY* down now after the rule change screwing trusts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So how long until the backlog is cleaned out and we actually have a 3-4 month wait?
The backlog is expected to clear within the next 2 to 3 months at the current approval rate.
That's awesome!

Perhaps its time I start the NFA game.  What about SBR wait times, are those coming down as well?
Wait times across the board are coming down and drastically. Also, the ATF receives around 1/4th as many Forms 1 as they do Forms 4.
Moar This.

Look at NFATracker.com and follow the trend line. It seems to be dropping precipitously.

Currently people are getting F4 to Individual from November and the trend line is down.

If you submitted a F4 to Individual in May, my estimate is you'll have it within ~150 days.

After that things might stabilize, might go down, might go up, might go away. (Fuck I hope) Submissions are *WAY* down now after the rule change screwing trusts.
http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

I'm not seeing the trend going down. I'm seeing some outliers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That sucks for us, I have 3 in NFA jail and going on month 4-5
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LMFAO.

I guess those of us that have submitted Form4s and are just 5 months in out of a 12+ month wait... are going to get beat by people ordering new suppressors later this month.
That sucks for us, I have 3 in NFA jail and going on month 4-5

I'm at 11 months.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So how long until the backlog is cleaned out and we actually have a 3-4 month wait?
View Quote
Day 230 and counting. This is about where I first estimated my APPROVED time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Here ya go
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL @ "a few short months." Fuck off. I got in and out before the 41F horseshit and won't be buying anything else until these Nazi fucks relent on the bullshit infringement of my rights.

ETA: my comment was not directed at OP or SS. SS is doing what they can to make things easier for their customers and they should be commended.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for sounding ungrateful earlier.

Thanks silencershop for the hustle. With the implementation of updated computer entries... any chance where it could link us to an account where they've seen that the applicant has already had multiple approvals and can speed it up even more? All of us are already in the government records with these tax stamps.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here ya go
http://i.imgur.com/vqDN9vt.jpg
Thanks.

I just clicked form 4 trust.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]
This is exciting stuff. Anything that can be done to alleviate wait times while working within the current framework is great news for everyone.

The best part is this is something ALL dealers can use for ANY Form 4, not just silencers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Is the background check for NFA exactly the same as NICS or is it more in depth? If so there's no reason to wait 12 months it should be instant.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Call the ATF and find out if your can was approved, if it was ask them for an email address and the name of person that can send you a copy. I did this two weeks ago and my stamps were mailed to me last week.
View Quote
He is not saying he has been waiting on a form for 16 months, just that he has not bought a can is the last 16 months.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is the background check for NFA exactly the same as NICS or is it more in depth? If so there's no reason to wait 12 months it should be instant.
View Quote
The TFB article says it's still administered by the FBI, but it's a different check. I had been under the impression that FBATFE just calls in a NICS, as the definition of those prohibited from owning Title I and Title II firearms is the same. I'd like some clarification on this as well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Still don't understand that I can walk out THAT DAY with the deadly part of the equation, but have to wait over a year for a muffler.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Wave goodbye to the HPA.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/18/nfa-process-modernized/

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83570/IMG_1654_JPG-283769.jpg

Without rule changes, regulation amendments, politicians or legislation, a partnership between the U.S. government and a small private industry group has dramatically changed the process in which National Firearms Act (NFA) controlled items are transferred between individuals and entities. There is now a system in place within the BATFE’s NFA DIvision, that will allow nearly everyone who files a Form 4 to transfer controlled items, such as silencers, a genuine chance at receiving approved forms in a few short months. Alongside the ATF, three silencer industry stalwarts spearheaded the best modernization of the registry in 83 years: Dead Air Armament, GEMTECH and Silencer Shop.
View Quote
View Quote

That's pretty awesome news! I'll be back in the NFA market if wait times drop.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Make sure you have Form 1 individual, form 4 to trust, and form 4 to individual selected and it'll be clear as day.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#22]
A few short months is still a few months too long.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#23]
neato
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Some of you folks would bitch if it was instant cause you'd have to fill out a form.  Bunch of ungrateful bastards around here.

The fact that the Gov listened to the industry and changed something for the good should be great in itself.  Even better part is they have a form generator now, and it's free!  All you need to do is fill it in, and print it!!
View Quote
You want me to be grateful that they gave me a tiny crumb of my cake back?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Bump for weekenders.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#26]
and this is a perfect example of the free market improving something run by the .gov
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do we have any other choice??  Short of the HPA, which isn't happening, due to our congress being useless.  This is one step of the ball game that we the industry could affect a change, and we did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol you just embodied the meme in every facet...Pick up that can, citizen!
Do we have any other choice??  Short of the HPA, which isn't happening, due to our congress being useless.  This is one step of the ball game that we the industry could affect a change, and we did.
Quoted:

It is always a good idea to remember, or be reminded, of the fallacy of the whole concept of the NFA. The paradigm needs to shift. The contented middle ground doesn't do that. The grumpy fuckers on either end are what make things move.
So far, I have waited a sum total of 18 months for 3 NFA items, each one took months longer than the last.

Plus it was funny to talk about picking up a can, in both the silencer sense, as well as the .gov thug sense.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#29]
This new system is worthless if you can't print you photograph on the form.

I have the backside of Form 1/Form 4 saved in adobe with my picture already in the PDF, since the back of the form never changes.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This new systems is worthless if you can't print you photograph on the form.

I have the backside of Form 1/Form 4 saved in adobe with my picture already in the PDF, since the back of the form never changes.
View Quote
If you use there kiosks it will add the photo and digital scan your fingerprints.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#31]
There's no reason for wait times longer than a few minutes. If NICS can clear you in a few minutes, the ATF can too. This is just a bullshit distraction.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you use there kiosks it will add the photo and digital scan your fingerprints.
View Quote
I prepare all my own NFA forms.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#33]
If the wait was actually 3 months, I'd buy a can today.  

I'll keep watching and see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Suppressors should be hanging on pegs in clampacks on the firearm accessory aisle.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Suppressors should be hanging on pegs in clampacks on the firearm accessory aisle.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Some of you dudes would be pissed if you got a blowjob because you'd rather get pussy.

Jesus Christ, be fucking happy about something for once in your miserable lives. This is a good thing, regardless of the fact that it's not going to magically process a giant stack of paperwork, in the future you'll have a more convenient experience.
View Quote
This is why most people didn't want to become a free country, British rule is fine for most.

If this drops the wait times to a few months, this is major news.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
People are ungrateful because they have to pay a 200 dollar tax and wait 4 months for something that's theirs? I should be grateful for this?

If bestbuy did this with your tv would you be happy about it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
There's no reason for wait times longer than a few minutes. If NICS can clear you in a few minutes, the ATF can too. This is just a bullshit distraction.
View Quote
Agree
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
THIS!

They are just trying to avoid being "not needed anymore" and losing their jobs for screrwing everyone over for years.

OVERHAUL the whole stinking agency.

Background check at point of sale is the most that should be required, if that!

The very next democrat president will extend wait times out so long you will die waiting on approval.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The backlog is expected to clear within the next 2 to 3 months at the current approval rate.
That's awesome!

Perhaps its time I start the NFA game.  What about SBR wait times, are those coming down as well?
Wait times across the board are coming down and drastically. Also, the ATF receives around 1/4th as many Forms 1 as they do Forms 4.
Moar This.

I'm 340 days and counting on two form 4s.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Maybe when the amount of cash coming in slows down post 41F they'll reexamine that and someone will decide to go back to the old way to get more of our money.  I don't need anymore NFA and I'm not going to spend anymore money until they change it or HPA passes.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm about to have 4 Form 4's to process.

I will give it a try.

<----still don't have a Form 4 suppressor submitted July of 2016
View Quote
Wow.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe when the amount of cash coming in slows down post 41F they'll reexamine that and someone will decide to go back to the old way to get more of our money.  I don't need anymore NFA and I'm not going to spend anymore money until they change it or HPA passes.
View Quote
It's all bullshit, but I'd even pay the fucking $200 bucks at the counter for an instant background check to walk out with an SBR/Suppressor/SBS. It's the year long wait that is utter bullshit. Fuck the BATFE.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm glad they're trying to do something to improve the situation instead of just waiting around for legislation that may or may not pass. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I support this sentiment, and wake me when the wait time is 30 days or less.
View Quote
Screw that! Wake me when I can go in and buy a can with just my money and walk out the door!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A small step in the right direction. Repeal the NFA and Hughes.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Sounds like a step in the right direction. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#48]
As someone with eight Form 4's pending in a post-41F world I understand the questions posted here. The new system will speed everyone up, regardless of Form or barcode.

We all should still be fighting for deregulation. Join the ASA. Write your legislators. Educate.

But incremental changes with tangible positive results is exactly what everyone needs under the current system.

And I will continue to buy. Next up is a Dead Air Wolverine and Gemtech Mist through Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#49]
From experience working Gov't systems that run fingerprints, it take about 48 hours to get results from the FBI. IIRC, anything more then 3 or 4 it was lost in the system and had to be tracked down.

Second, it seems like double work to require that info for a persons 2nd or 99th NFA transfer..

NFA branch must be doing everything manually with a card catalog or something.

With custom software (which allot of Gov't agencies use), an NFA transfer shouldn't take more then 10 minutes if done right.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
Data volume dropped way off there. Insufficient to draw a conclusion, IMO.  Could just be an increase in dispersion.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top