Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56812808.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=AAAB1D3D22B8F28C8B76756DBF3BDD29

That's the first time I've seen a military pic with a MagPul M93.  He even has one of the new Vltor handguards.

That soldier knows where to shop!

It's either that or one of those rail systems that Leitner-Wise sell with their gas piston uppers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:25:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've heard that there are places in PR that are a war zone.  Corruption is at Washingtonian levels, and the rural police stations are mini-fortresses.

I had friends on "the Rock" who said when you left San Juan, it became a fourth world country.  Other PuertoRicanos I worked talked about the endemic crime in SJ, and said they went armed if they left their homes.  Looks like the FBI is being prudent.  Sometimes, you need to be a JBT.

I was in SJ, PR just last September on business. I'll freely admit to not spending a lot of time rambling around SJ as work kept me very busy.

The hotel was near the airport on the beach, every day we drove inland for a good hour+ (mostly due to traffic). I'll grant you this, on the drive it varies from one extreme to the other. It reminded me of DC, drive down one block, 3rd world, drive another block, high $ housing.  I doubt PR is that much worse than DC, Detroit, LA or any other major US city.

I never saw, read, got the impression that any significant number of the native PRicans I was working with cared about independance from the US. If they did they never mentioned it. However it wouldn't surprise me one bit if there weren't some who advocate such things. We've got Texans at work that are constantly claiming to be an indpendant country.

Personally, if the masses wanted independence I'd say let'em have it. Revoke all US citizenship claims and let them form their own country. From what I saw it wouldn't be tops on countries I'd want to move to/live in. PR has sort of past it's prime as a tourist denstination and they aren't exactly bursting at the seams with natural resources.

There are parts of that island that are a very beautiful and primitive place. It does have it's good side to go along with all the downside (mostly man made).
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56812808.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=AAAB1D3D22B8F28C8B76756DBF3BDD29

That's the first time I've seen a military pic with a MagPul M93.  He even has one of the new Vltor handguards.

What;s on that Magwell??

Looks like a Redi-mag to me.

Looks like an enlarged mag-well, like the the competition kind.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56812806.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=AAAB1D3D22B8F28C24CA77B570B17765
IMAGE LINK
Jolo Sulu, PHILIPPINES: A US soldier secures the Philippine navy cargo vessel as US humvee rolls out at the local wharf of Jolo Sulu, 10 February 2006. US equipments started to arrive on the troubled southern Philippine island of Jolo for the start of the Balikatan humanitarian program amids strong opposition. AFP PHOTO / THERENCE KOH (Photo credit should read THERENCE KOH/AFP/Getty Images)

IMAGE LINK
Jolo Sulu, PHILIPPINES: A US soldier stands guard while local children look on at the local wharf of Jolo Sulu, 10 February 2006. US equipments started to arrive on the troubled southern Philippine island of Jolo for the start of the Balikatan humanitarian program amids strong opposition. AFP PHOTO / THERENCE KOH (Photo credit should read THERENCE KOH/AFP/Getty Images)

The humvee in the top pic looks like a switch van. Notice the Arredondo magwell on the guy's rifle. One of the odd times that something from the IPSC world crossed over to the tactial realm.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
This thread kicks ass. Thanks for sharing these with us Lumpy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The one above it is a MagPul as well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56812808&cdi=0]IMAGE LINK

Jolo Sulu, PHILIPPINES: A US soldier stands guard while local children look on at the local wharf of Jolo Sulu, 10 February 2006. US equipments started to arrive on the troubled southern Philippine island of Jolo for the start of the Balikatan humanitarian program amids strong opposition. AFP PHOTO / THERENCE KOH (Photo credit should read THERENCE KOH/AFP/Getty Images)

I knew those kids looked familiar!

Thank's Lumps.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top