Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Smallest to Largest

TT - TT is between N and HO, 1:120 scale
Z - Z is the smallest commercial scale, 1:220.   There may be some obscure Japanese stuff even smaller
N
HO
S
O
1 - you forgot that.   1:32, and mostly high $ German stuff
G
View Quote

Fixed your list.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If OP wants to add to his collection of German N scale, he should look up Reynauld's Euro Imports.  
There is also Euro Model Trains in New Jersey.  
They both have a selection of different manufacturers, that you aren't likely to see in what few remaining hobby shops that are out there.
I have bought from both places and they are good. (All HO german/Austrian/Swiss stuff ).   There are others, but this is who I bought most of my stuff from, and eBay.

If you know how to read German, the only good website on the subject of European model railroading is Stummi's modelbahn forum.   I can only understand about 10% of what is being said.   But most people attach lots of good photos.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
As others have stated Modeltrainstuff.com has good selection and prices. I prefer HO scale myself.

This one started out raw undecorated. I painted, decaled and weather it myself.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Model railroading has come a long way from the American Flyer 4-6-2 I got for Christmas in '49. Still have it, but need to find a reversing relay for it. It's bypassed now and will only run forward.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Wish I could help but I work with the prototype

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The third pic is awesome!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wish I could help but I'm O Scale here.

The third pic is awesome!

All the pics were cool as he'll.

Thanks for posting. How long are those engines ...just for reference.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had HO, then I inherited my dads n-scale stuff... You can fit a lot of n-scale on 4x8 table.... Damn track switches are expensive though.

ETA: I was going to show this thread to my kid til someone ruin tit.
View Quote

The soldier accidently spilled his soda on her shirt and she was taking it off so he could clean it.

And if your kid is too old to believe that, he's already seen tits.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Buahahaha!  Not like they will ever see any such evil in their lives.   Oh noes!  Eeevil boobeez!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had HO, then I inherited my dads n-scale stuff... You can fit a lot of n-scale on 4x8 table.... Damn track switches are expensive though.

ETA: I was going to show this thread to my kid til someone ruin tit.

Buahahaha!  Not like they will ever see any such evil in their lives.   Oh noes!  Eeevil boobeez!

No beheading scene?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't just add more grease on top of the old stuff. Especially if it has been years since they have been run. The old stuff is probably like cement now.

You really need to strip the everything apart and use some orange cleaner or simple green to clean the old stuff off. Then some new Labelle grease and proper oil on the bearing blocks of the motor and drive shafts.

Do a YouTube search for a Fifer Hobby or Mike Fifer. He has a bunch of instructional videos on how to do this and is great at explaining things.

You can also search around for local Ntrak club. Then you could join and run on their modular layouts.  

I am on the road for work. Maybe when I get home I'll grab some of the pics from our club layout and post them.OK
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top