Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen this before and it's very sad indeed.  Alcohol has been the cause of more than one death in my family due to drinking and driving, as such I learned this lesson early on in life and have NO sympathy for drunk drivers, I never have and never will.

My own 22 yr. old daughter never leaves the house that I don't tell her to drive carefully and not to drink and drive, it's a reminder that I feel compelled to give her as often as possible, and even though I know she is sometimes sick of hearing it from me I also know that she knows my warnning comes from the experience and the pain I have seen and experienced, and that I remind her out of love.

So far she has never disapointed me in this regard, and I truly doubt she ever will.  I only pray that non who doubt this message ever have to go through it for themselves.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen this woman's story on TV before.  Incredibly sad.

It would be nice if all those involved in the name-calling would edit their posts to read: "."  Wrong place, wrong time.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If you think that the pics are something, you should see her in real life as I did!

When I injured my hand at work, I was sent to Kleinert,Kutz and Associates, in Louisville Ky., for the surgery and such. While there, the girl in the pics was also there getting cared for. It sure was sobering to see her in that shape.
From what I found out from the nurses there, her dad was trying to sell almost everything they owned to pay for her surgerys and such. You could tell that she was appreciative of what he was doing for her as she would sometimes be seen loving on her dad while they were waiting to be cared for.

After I was released from their care, I was talking to my wife about her and the shape she was in, and lo and behold the local news on TV started showing her and telling her story. They said that they were talking with her, and believed that a full facial transplant was possible. I have'nt heard anything recently about her though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:58:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, just damn. She must have an important job to do to have survived that. Then again, her story may be that job.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:02:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've seen it before. It's real.

Were I either of them, I'd have killed myself long since.

Can't say as I'd blame you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've seen it before. It's real.

Were I either of them, I'd have killed myself long since.

Can't say as I'd blame you.

That's what I was thinking as I read the first post.  NO way in HELL I would live like that.  I'd be taking an elevator to the highest roof around and jumping off.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]
It's truely a sad story........but it would be better used if sent to the thousands of LAWYERS who make their pathetic living by getting these drunk drivers BACK ON THE ROAD!

Or better yet.....send this to the thousands of "judges" who nod yes to sending these drunk drivers back on the road.

Or better yet.........send this to GEORGE BUSH who refuses to protect our national borders and a drunk illegal (who was deported 17 times) killed a family here recently in Charlotte, NC as he DROVE THE WRONG WAY DOWN THE INTERSTATE!!

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:09:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I have seen Jacqueline featured in a documentary. Her story breaks my heart.

It definitely makes me think twice before getting behind the wheel. I take precautions now if I decide I'm going to drink--back-up plan or Metro.

I rather have a drunk friend call me at 3am for a ride home then for them to feel like they can't and risk driving home and something like this happening. My friends know they can call me at any time of night if they are drunk and need to get home.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, I don't even know what to say.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:29:42 AM EDT
[#10]

I truly hate drunk drivers.  I have no sympathy for tthem.  And the drunk drivers and thier appologests can go fuck them selves with a brocken bottle.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Man, if I ever did that to someone I'd shoot myself. No question.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone notice how ever since the pit opened back up, people feel like they can act the same in GD? Man almost every post degenerates into a pissing contest filled with insults.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Just let me go....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I would rather have died than go on existing that way.

What was the boys BAC level when the crash happened?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#16]
From the link I posted:

"Almost three hours after the accident, Reggie’s blood alcohol level tested at 0.13, well above the 0.08 legal limit for driving."
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I can tell you that her picture is the first thing every morning that incarcerated juveniles in a local juvenile detention center (there on drug and alcohol charges) see every morning.  I used to work there and it was posted on the walls in their dorm.  It has been a long time since I worked in the adult system, it may be there too.  

The pain that girl has had to live through both physical and emotional.  Being so close to where it happened, the trial was covered every day on the news.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Very very sad.

If it was my Daughter I fear I would be in jail for his murder.

FREE

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#19]
That REALLY sucks!  That is SO tragic...

I stopped to render first aid at a bad TC once.  The 54 y/o lady in the Camaro was dead, killed instantly when her unrestrained body impacted the steering column, crushing her chest and the windshield upper frame, breaking her neck.

The mid-20s something drunk in the Honda Accord heap was upside down in the culvert alongside the road...very much alive with only a broken nose to show for his poor judgement and bad driving.  He was buckled up and hanging upside down.

All I could do was cover the lady up...she was a mess but clearly very dead.

Note to asshats who like to drive and drink...DON'T!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Just let me go....

Yes, do not do me any favors and prolong my pain and suffering by keeping me alive so I can have my pictures posted all over the interweb.  If I were in her condition or in Chrisopher Reeves I would be totally pissed at the doctors and my family for putting my through all that.  That is just my opinion as I sit here in near perfect health, my opinion might be different later.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Got that too.  Reposted it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't I feel like an asshole?
Didn't realize it was a "true" chainmail.
Reading is fundamental.

Mods

Ban this piece of shit fucker

Thanks
Mike

Why?
because he manned up and admitted his mistake?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top