Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy two cans of non-chlorinated brake cleaner.

Use one to clean your guns.

Use the other one to hose down your wife.

Call the manufacturer and ask them WTF to do.

Russian mail order brides know better than to do these kinds of things.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
According to the November 2008 issue of Maximum PC magazine you may be fooked.  

(Page 74)

Q:  A couple of weeks ago I received a Dell Inspiron 6400 from a friend of mine.  I was told that he used Windex directly on the screen, which dripped into the bottom of the LCD (between the screen and the housing).  It now has a small permament "white fire" pattern on the bottom center of the LCD screen.  It appears not to be a physical effect, as I cannot see it when the laptop is off, but I can see it even when the backlight is turned off.  What should I do to fix the display?

-James Weasley

A:  The Doctor has some bad news for you:  Your situation is terminal.  In this case, the laptop will require a screen transplant, as the Windex has irreversibly damaged the underlying layer of your panel.  [article goes on to recommend using a 50/50 mix of alcohol and distilled water or off-the-shelf LCD cleaner instead of Windex]

Now the guy in the magazine was asking about a LCD screen on a laptop, but the same principle applies.  Sorry, but it sounds like you're screwed.    

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a new wife.

While at Best Buy getting a new TV, see if the checkout girl is single.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, but your wife is stupid. Divorce is the only answer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Question for the OP:  Which is more valuable to you, your TV or your wife?

Because if you make a big deal about this you're probably going to end up with neither.

DUH!!! The TV of course!

Well then, bail and give it to her, the lawyer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
FWIW the pledge may not have killed the plastic screen, glass cleaner with ammonia certainly will. Try the monster cleaner from best buy, its alcohol free and works really well. Pledge was one of the few cleaners I could use on the clear plastic windows in my boat canvas to clean it that wouldnt hurt it, I hope you dodge a bullet on this deal, sucks to have that happen for sure.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top