Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:17:21 AM EDT
Why not start your build with a complete rifle and upgrade as desired?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:21:11 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:
Originally Posted By sigshooter3:
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Originally Posted By FreezinSig:
Originally Posted By stutzcattle:
And the OP shoots a Sig...

Thread...not going as OP planned.

Nah, actually I figured this was exactly how it was gunna go. The fags who hate on Sig would quickly show their faces.

http://glock.pro/attachments/non-glock-firearms/1964d1321024828-ar15-walmart-imag0311.jpg

I'm not up to speed on hipster's saying and what not, but doesn't that call for a "Oh snap"?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:26:08 AM EDT

View Quote
Hey stutz, did you do anything for post 26000?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:27:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rightwingnut:
Well walmart does sell colts

View Quote

Let's see your <MOA Colt.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:29:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By akethan:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akethan:

But... THE CHART!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:30:48 AM EDT
I have to go to Herb Philipsons to get an AR around here. They're all Windham, Stag and Troy there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:34:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JimboJones1:
Don't even bother. I don't get invested in arguments like that anymore. I get way more satisfaction from agreeing with nonsense than trying to combat it. And chances are good if you're spending the money to go to a carbine class there won't be any fools there with crap hardware. Hell, anyone that has the money to spend $250-$600 on a class and then blow 1000+ rounds of 223 over 2 days is going to be in a tax bracket that allows them to buy better gear to begin with.
View Quote

Truth Brother....
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:36:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 4:38:50 AM EDT by bjohnson425]
Originally Posted By polymorpheous:
Budget priced AR's do not receive the quality testing and independent certifications that some of the higher priced ones do.

For instance, I've personally seen, owned, and read about DPMS parts with poor heat treating showing excessive wear. (Think bolt catch getting chewed up.)

Companies like Bravo Company sends their contractors very specific specification on their parts.
When Bravo Company receives these parts, they send them out for independent testing and certification to ensure that they do indeed meet their specifications.
Parts that don't meet Bravo's criteria get rejected, in some instances this rejection rate is over 50%.
Not many AR manufacturers do this.

Sure PSA get some of their parts from FN.
But what are PSA's specs, and how does PSA determine if the parts meet those specs?
Or does PSA just receive these parts and start slapping together rifles? (Sometime sloppily.)

They are all the same is one if the stupidest, most ignorant excuses to buy a low quality AR.
Would the same arguments be used when justifying purchasing a 1911?
View Quote

Meh I have a $319 RIA special from buds that has ran like a top since day 1. Side by side with my $1,100 Kimber that you are lucky to get through 1 magazine through without a hiccup after several trips to kimber
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:38:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By csrevenant:
The other annoying bit is where they say their hesse is perfectly reliable. They dont mention they shoot it once a year.
View Quote

If they only shoot it once a year, a Hesse might be just fine.

Well, that might be a bit of a stretch, but you know what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:38:50 AM EDT
I know I will get flamed for this but I have a SW Sport with the 1/8R barrel that has outshot Colts, A DD, Bushmasters, Stag, and a BCM in Patrol Rifle classes. I have had other people shoot it to try for themselves. I have turned down offers from guys wanting to buy/trade just the upper. I won't of course. My other Sport just has a regular 1/9 barrel and shoots just average.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:41:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 9over40:
I know I will get flamed for this but I have a SW Sport with the 1/8R barrel that has outshot Colts, A DD, Bushmasters, Stag, and a BCM in Patrol Rifle classes. I have had other people shoot it to try for themselves. I have turned down offers from guys wanting to buy/trade just the upper. I won't of course. My other Sport just has a regular 1/9 barrel and shoots just average.
View Quote

Talk is cheap.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1518887___ARFCOM_1_MOA_ALL_DAY_LONG__Challenge_.html
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:45:41 AM EDT

But everybody knows they are made cheaper and poorly just for Walmart!! they ain't like those colts your buy for $1500 at the cabelas!
View All Quotes

But everybody knows they are made cheaper and poorly just for Walmart!! they ain't like those colts your buy for $1500 at the cabelas!

A fool and his money are soon parted

Like guys who buy SBR tax stamps instead of the Sig Brace ooooh look at me my stock makes me cool
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:51:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By range_rider:

Like guys who buy SBR tax stamps instead of the Sig Brace ooooh look at me my stock makes me cool
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By range_rider:

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:57:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 4:59:32 AM EDT by 1ipschoser]
I swear.... Listening to some dude going on an on about how his El Cheapo AR is just as good or even better as a BCM, DD or LMT makes me go

Oh yeah, and according to him, none of these higher end AR's are as reliable or as accurate as his 500.00 AR....

http://i.imgur.com/0c5L56P.jpg
View Quote

There are certainly lower end ARs on the markets (M&P Sport, etc) that, while great plinkers, don't meet my standards for the AR format. That said, the trend toward what I call "Gucci guns" is crazy. There is absolutely a point of diminishing returns and the standard ARs from many reputable makers offer more than enough performance for a hunting/defensive carbine. Why spend $3K on a Gucci gun when a $1K M&P will do everything I ask of it?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:59:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ejeviking:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ejeviking:

I don't really pay attn to my post count. Didn't even know that I was there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:02:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 5:04:40 AM EDT by anesvick]
Why does the stupid '14er feel that this merits a thread anymore than any of the other 'my AR is better than your AR' posts that are found all over the tech forums?

I mean fuck, I stay in GD unless I have an honest to God question because I'm tired of hearing this shit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:02:55 AM EDT
15 posts a day and the newb thinks he knows shit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:08:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 5:12:49 AM EDT by texassooner]
Originally Posted By S_A_C:
You do know the parts from all manufacturers are 100% interchangeable right?

That is one area that I have never understood, take a common pool of parts, assemble 2 rifles, one you built yourself for about $400, one went to a "custom shop", and sells for $4,000, both are built with the identical same parts, in the identical same configuration, the only difference is the roll mark, what makes one 10 times the cost of the other?
View Quote

Not really. There are big differences between parts and not all parts are interchangeable.

One good example is the LMT MRP rifle. It uses a proprietary barrel extension.

And not all parts are of the same quality. A good example would be a button rifled barrel vs a chf barrel. They look the same, feel the same, etc but they are not the same.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:09:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 5:09:50 AM EDT by akethan]
This thread is showing the full spectrum of derp.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:18:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wintermute:
BCM's summer specials are really tempting ...... I'm strapped right now but trying to think of what I can sell to fund another upper rec group

View Quote

Yeah, I just decked out a couple of "blemmed" BCM middy M4s with ALG triggers and full MOE furniture, along with Anderson lowers and BCM BCGs and carry handles for a little over $650 each. So I guess I got the best of both worlds. Next up is my $700 DD M4 from Brownells. I don't know why people pay MSRP anymore when stuff goes on sale like hotcakes every few days. I got tools.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:23:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

Ironic username is ironic

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Sig-Sauer-M400-Enhanced-Carbine-ODG-with-Rifle-Bag/21677318
View All Quotes
I swear.... Listening to some dude going on an on about how his El Cheapo AR is just as good or even better as a BCM, DD or LMT makes me go

Oh yeah, and according to him, none of these higher end AR's are as reliable or as accurate as his 500.00 AR....

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Sig-Sauer-M400-Enhanced-Carbine-ODG-with-Rifle-Bag/21677318

Can't speak for OP, but when I think of Sig, I don't think of their rifles...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:56:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 9:54:54 AM EDT by s2gotz]
Originally Posted By ClusterNukes:
Why not start your build with a complete rifle and upgrade as desired?
View Quote

Nobody saying that's wrong. I think they are only talking about ones that keep the configuration the same. I have a buddy that had a perfectly good colt, well he loved the look of my M4 forgery block II'ish build. I told him to take off the A1 handguard and order the one he wants. Next range day we had he pulls out a bushmaster he went and traded his colt for because the handguard was already installed. I told him he was crazy to which he replies "they are all the same, I'm going to shoot the same target you are".

..I DONT CARE ANY AR..
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:07:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:

Meh I have a $319 RIA special from buds that has ran like a top since day 1. Side by side with my $1,100 Kimber that you are lucky to get through 1 magazine through without a hiccup after several trips to kimber
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:
Budget priced AR's do not receive the quality testing and independent certifications that some of the higher priced ones do.

For instance, I've personally seen, owned, and read about DPMS parts with poor heat treating showing excessive wear. (Think bolt catch getting chewed up.)

Companies like Bravo Company sends their contractors very specific specification on their parts.
When Bravo Company receives these parts, they send them out for independent testing and certification to ensure that they do indeed meet their specifications.
Parts that don't meet Bravo's criteria get rejected, in some instances this rejection rate is over 50%.
Not many AR manufacturers do this.

Sure PSA get some of their parts from FN.
But what are PSA's specs, and how does PSA determine if the parts meet those specs?
Or does PSA just receive these parts and start slapping together rifles? (Sometime sloppily.)

They are all the same is one if the stupidest, most ignorant excuses to buy a low quality AR.
Would the same arguments be used when justifying purchasing a 1911?

A Kimber? Really?
The DPMS of 1911's.
Put it up against a Ed Brown, Wilson, or Wesson.
But parts are parts right?

My RIA choked every mag. Also has a cast frame. I sold the POS. Bought a Glock.

Funny how that's the only thing you took from my post.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:22:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GLOCKREAPER:
My Wal-Mart special is a Colt M4.
View Quote

That I SBRed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:24:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NoPowerInTheVerse:
How do you know it's not?
View Quote

Bingo! Just because you spend $2000 on a rifle doesn't always mean that a less expensive rifle isn't going to be as accurate and reliable.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:35:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 6:35:48 AM EDT by Tango-22]
So OP, how's your anus holding up? May want to take a break and dr. on it some because there's more to come.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:41:21 AM EDT
My walmart special is a 6920 socom.

I'd put money on it that it compares just fine to a BCM or DD.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:42:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jeff93:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jeff93:

M400 is a really nice rifle for the money. The way the lowers are setup is very nice. I'd buy several of the lowers on merit alone... if they sold them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:43:40 AM EDT
Hey OP I never buy cheap ARs, I only buy $4000 State of the art ARs from POF.a site sponsor, cuz u know they are all made to mil specs
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:43:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
I buy shit I like. I buy stuff for various reasons. Fuck it, life is too short worry about how other people spend their money.
View Quote

This. Some of you guys create a lot of drama out of nothing, like a bunch of teenage girls.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:50:33 AM EDT
OP's just mad because he bought the teir 1 hype.
Here is an analogy: a Toyota is just as good as a Mercedes, but the Mercedes gives you status and that is what you are paying for. Even though both cars will get you to the same destination.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:51:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RifleCal30m1n00b:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RifleCal30m1n00b:
Originally Posted By Deadmeat3344:

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:52:51 AM EDT
Y no one post the chart yet?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:53:07 AM EDT
A Kimber? Really?
The DPMS of 1911's.

View Quote
My local WalMart sells Windham Weaponry AR's.

As for the Kimber comment. I've posted this before but will do it again for you.

Just a plain Custom II which I added night sights and VZ grips. Went out to the range with my best friend and his recently acquired Wilson Combat. His Wilson wouldn't run two complete mags without choking and wasn't grouping worth a shit. Meanwhile my Kimber was cutting a single hole. Handed mine to him and he did the same and I shot his. The Wilson again choked once in 15 rnds and group wasn't even close.

So while an incredibly insignificant sample size I'd put my cheap(ish) Kimber up against ANY $2000-$3000 1911.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:58:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By UBB:

As for the Kimber comment. I've posted this before but will do it again for you.

Just a plain Custom II which I added night sights and VZ grips. Went out to the range with my best friend and his recently acquired Wilson Combat. His Wilson wouldn't run two complete mags without choking and wasn't grouping worth a shit. Meanwhile my Kimber was cutting a single hole. Handed mine to him and he did the same and I shot his. The Wilson again choked once in 15 rnds and group wasn't even close.

So while an incredibly insignificant sample size I'd put my cheap(ish) Kimber up against ANY $2000-$3000 1911.

View All Quotes
A Kimber? Really?
The DPMS of 1911's.

Good for you.
Would you agree that a Windham is the same as a Bravo rifle?
Because you are completely ignoring the point of my post.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:03:24 AM EDT
I love these threads. MY LEGO RIFLE WITH A DIFFERENT ROLLMARK IS MO' BETTAH!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:03:26 AM EDT
Good for you.
View All Quotes

Good for you.
The same as in built to the same spec? No they aren't the same.

Would I snicker and chastise someone who showed up at a training class with one and think it wouldn't make it? No I wouldn't
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:07:58 AM EDT
Meh. I have a Stag, I'm issued a Colt A3, and I just ordered a PSA upper. Buy and use what you like, that Stag will outshoot the colt all day long
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:27:13 AM EDT
Would I snicker and chastise someone who showed up at a training class with one and think it wouldn't make it? No I wouldn't

View All Quotes

Good for you.

Trust me.
I ain't that guy either.
I like to see people training with what they've got.

But the argument I see time and time again on this board, that you're just paying for a name, needs to be addressed and corrected.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:42:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 9over40:
View Quote

I have a S&W Sport that I picked up and have been nothing but impressed with it. It's quite accurate and has been absolutely rock solid. I don't shoot it much because I have more than a couple high end 5.56 rifles, but when I do use it I always walk away with a smile. My S&W is definitely more accurate than my Colt. In fact, my Colt is probably the only rifle I own that if I get rid of it I won't miss it one bit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:55:36 AM EDT
What, no one has put up "The Chart" yet? GD, you're slow today.

I love fanboy threads.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:58:28 AM EDT
OP, you tell him to suck a dick? Gaping wide hole of a mouth needs something.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:59:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DriftPunch:
Go the range and find out...

View Quote

This.

1 test > 10000 expert opinions

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:12:34 AM EDT

Not talking about the Colts and Sigs at Walmart. I used "wal mart special" as a general description. I am talking about the cheap ass 500.00 guns. And I shoot 550 series Sigs.
View All Quotes

Not talking about the Colts and Sigs at Walmart. I used "wal mart special" as a general description. I am talking about the cheap ass 500.00 guns. And I shoot 550 series Sigs.

But you used the term " Walmart specials " . As a general description this implies WMT sells inferior AR's . Maybe you should attempt to be more precise.

And even if citizens do purchase less than $1000. AR's , so what?? The important issue is that they are buying and owning them. This may be the only thing that insures our right to own them . And insure our right to self defense.

gd
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:13:55 AM EDT
I buy shit I like. I buy stuff for various reasons. Fuck it, life is too short worry about how other people spend their money.
View Quote

Good answer Couch Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I too buy what I like. But there are some brands I refuse to buy ( PSA ). But then again when others buy them, that's their choice.
I doubt any here are going to take their PSA's to war.
Or their LaRues.
So does it really matter? I think not!
I'm not going to war either!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:21:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pikie1:

I too buy what I like. But there are some brands I refuse to buy ( PSA ). But then again when others buy them, that's their choice.
Or their LaRues.
View All Quotes

Or their LaRues.

You never know. Rather have it and not need it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:45:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
I love these threads. MY LEGO RIFLE WITH A DIFFERENT ROLLMARK IS MO' BETTAH!
View Quote

If it weren't for retarded threads like this, you might be able to ask Pat Rogers what he thinks of certain brands. After all, he's seen tens of thousands get abused...and a lot fail. If you think it's only a rollmark then you're too ignorant to waste time on.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:51:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Zenfoldor:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zenfoldor:

Or their LaRues.

"I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" is a statement that pretends there is no such thing as an opportunity cost.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:54:35 AM EDT
I think it's cool some of you guys get your rifles at the same place my wife gets her tampons. My uncle buys his hemorrhoid cream at your LGS.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:58:02 AM EDT

This is exactly what I told him. His response was that he didn't need to, and the 250 or so rounds he has shot out of it the whole time he has owned it proves its reliability.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DriftPunch:
Go the range carbine class and find out...

This is exactly what I told him. His response was that he didn't need to, and the 250 or so rounds he has shot out of it the whole time he has owned it proves its reliability.

This should have been your point, not where the rifle was purchased.
Page / 3
Top Top