BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Baby diapers are a breeze, unless they blowout the sides like stated earlier. Slide the front half of diaper down and scrape off majority of it then press it to back half. Wipe or two and roll it all up and hit the 3 pointer from in the livin room. Easy peazy
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was happy with 2 kids.  Wifey wanted a 3rd later.  I said ok if I don't have to change poop diapers.  That was my one condition.   I have to of course if she is gone as i will watch all the kids so she can go out.  I haven't changed a single poop diaper though if she has been around.
View Quote

You bargained wrong. Mine was never having to wake up in the middle of the night and tend to a crying baby. She shouldered 100% of the responsibility in that regard on the second one, and decided I wasn't getting any better on #3.

So she had her tubes tied after #2.

BTW, modern diapers will hold a shitload of...well, shit. It surprised me every time she came home and changed one. The package says "12-18 lbs" and they're not lying. Them sumbitches will hold every ounce of that, if you immobilize the little booger.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I changed my son's diaper before before his mother had fully recovered from the c-section drugs.

Best to figure out how to do it fast early on because the first few aren't so toxic. Those are where you learn speed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a really good run going, I was really starting to think that I could make it all the way through with this kid, but the rest of the family is out for the evening and my luck was bad.

Starting over from here seems a little hollow, but there isn't much else I can do.
View Quote

Hopefully this thread won't be going the way OP thinks it would go...

A man take care of his child in all things, IN ALL THINGS

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I've probably changed my grandson's diapers 50 times now and he isn't that old yet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to learn how to change diapers on a 2.5 lb baby covered in tubes and wires through two port holes on the side of her incubator.  From day 21 to 52 I went the hospital every night from 6-6 and held her most of the night, I got pretty good at diaper changes before she came home.

Now I try to avoid poopy diapers but I will change them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing to be PROUD of.

Gonna post something about how you only spent one day with him when he turns 14 years old.

Coming from a guy whose kids are grown and gone - yours will be as well in the blink of an eye.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I plan on getting arrested and doing prison time until my (hypothetical) kid is potty trained.  No diapers for me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Be careful. You may come out of prison and have to wear diapers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I am not a Dad but I made it a point to change each of my nieces and nephews (5 of them) so I could hang it over the heads when they became teenagers and gave me crap.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Changed both of mine from the start.  Wife does a lot but im here to help.  3yr old son whos potty trained now and 4 mo daughter who gave me a huge dump yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You probably ought to be ashamed at that.
View Quote

yea. Not sure i would be bragging about that like its an accomplishment.

Maybe rephrase and say

"OMG. My wife is so fucking amazing i have only now had to change a diaper in 14 months"
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Blowouts are the best. Had one yesterday myself. Straight to the bath!
View Quote

LOL, same here, my daughter managed to poop straight up her back..
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#14]
You are well on your way to being a father people will talk about.  Bragging about not being involved in the rearing of your child...
way to go.  I see divorce and a piss poor relationship with your child in the future.

If you think not changing a diaper means you are a man...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Great job...now use that same energy to avoid having to go up to the school when it's time for all that shuttle work
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am not a Dad but I made it a point to change each of my nieces and nephews (5 of them) so I could hang it over the heads when they became teenagers and gave me crap.  

View Quote

I dunno. When I was ~13 or 14, I once baby sat for a neighbor. Her son did a number on his diaper, and I had to deal with it.

He's an Army Ranger now. Honestly, it's a little weird.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Our first child was a girl born back in 1979.  Back then we used these things called cloth diapers.  I was changing her and dropped this thing called a diaper pin.  I put one hand on her legs to keep her from moving / falling off the changing table while I looked for the pin.  While bent over looking for said pin, I felt a warm sensation creeping across my hand.  Yup, you know where I'm going.....  I kid her about it from time to time.  She has four kids of her own and her own stories at this point.

Diapers - my experience was that as soon as I got my kids out of them, my parents went in to them, my parents have passed and soon I'll be in them.  Life is is not is funny
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You almost made it.

The trick is to be absolutely hopeless in the hospital.

Coincidentally, I absolutely suck ass at loading a dishwasher. It's the damndest thing - I just can't manage to do it right. Just ask her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys are funny.

I've got 7 kids and a fantastic marriage.  I've changed one or two diapers, but when little Andrew was born I decided to see if I could get all the way through potty training without changing one.  It took a lot of suddenly being busy or gone, but I made it over a year.  

He got me good though-  this was a 42 wipes and a bath kind of clean-up effort.

You almost made it.

Coincidentally, I absolutely suck ass at loading a dishwasher. It's the damndest thing - I just can't manage to do it right. Just ask her.

I'm the same way with laundry,  can't seem to ever do it right.  She finally gave up on me
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't know that was possible in this day and age. My son will be 3, and I have changed a couple hundred of those perhaps?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I changed all 3 of my kids diapers 20+ times before my wife ever did a single one (c section recovery). Kid poop is fine. Who cares.

This thread is sorta sad. I always wondered why the father got screwed so hard on divorces. Never changing a diaper isn't going to help the custody disputes.

+ number 3 gives the biggest smiles after getting changed. More than makes the poop worth it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Great job...now use that same energy to avoid having to go up to the school when it's time for all that shuttle work
View Quote

No problems.

We homeschool all seven of our children. With any luck they'll all grow up mal-adjusted and socially retarded, that way they'll love GD!  

Pretty funny to see all the white horses come out with clean diapers on.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Well done.  Diaper-changing is the province of women.

Also, Doing household chores may mean less sex for married men
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Why do people equate changing a diaper with being a good father? The kid won't remember who wiped his ass. The man works and provides the diapers. The woman changes the diapers. It's not rocket science.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm the same way with laundry,  can't seem to ever do it right.  She finally gave up on me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys are funny.

I've got 7 kids and a fantastic marriage.  I've changed one or two diapers, but when little Andrew was born I decided to see if I could get all the way through potty training without changing one.  It took a lot of suddenly being busy or gone, but I made it over a year.  

He got me good though-  this was a 42 wipes and a bath kind of clean-up effort.

You almost made it.

I can't even describe my washer and dryer to you. They came with the house. I think they're enamel white, but I'm not sure. I saw them in the basement when I moved in. I think.

Now that you mention it, I may not even own a set for all I know.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I see you are on your way to being a great father.
View Quote
I changed my son's first diaper in the hospital room hours after he was born.

Guess my pimp hand is weak since I couldn't get my wife to get out of the bed to change him.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Pathetic. You need to man up 14 months ago.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why do people equate changing a diaper with being a good father? The kid won't remember who wiped his ass. The man works and provides the diapers. The woman changes the diapers. It's not rocket science.
View Quote

I'm told my Dad changed my diapers now and then. I don't remember a single instance of it. Ditto for mom.

I like to think I had a big tittied French maid to change my diapers. Fuck it, let's say I did. It's not like I remember it any different.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I changed my first child's first diaper, and I have shared the duties through both kids. Given the amount of time and money we spent getting our kids, I want the return on my investment, even if it is literally crap.

"Hey doc, where's your Ferrari?"
"They're in the other room beating each other up with my old Star Wars figures."

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Guess my pimp hand is weak since I couldn't get my wife to get out of the bed to change him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see you are on your way to being a great father.

The nurses will do it if you ask nicely.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Proud to be a sperm donor? Because it does not sound like you are being much of a parent.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I dunno. When I was ~13 or 14, I once baby sat for a neighbor. Her son did a number on his diaper, and I had to deal with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So practically a Marine
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm told my Dad changed my diapers now and then. I don't remember a single instance of it. Ditto for mom.

I like to think I had a big tittied French maid to change my diapers. Fuck it, let's say I did. It's not like I remember it any different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My memories are a bit different, I don't remember my parents changing me either, therefore I assume I was born potty trained!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So practically a Marine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So practically a Marine

You tell him. I ain't gonna.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I miss the cloth safety pin diapers . no not really.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Personally I don't think it makes you a bad father. I just wonder how one would manage to pull off something like that. Do you run and hide when the baby has a dirty diaper? Act like you didn't notice?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I miss the cloth safety pin diapers . no not really.
View Quote

I don't. They don't make rubber pants like they used to.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Personally I don't think it makes you a bad father. I just wonder how one would manage to pull off something like that. Do you run and hide when the baby has a dirty diaper? Act like you didn't notice?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hey sweetie? The kid stinks again!"

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#38]
You can certainly tell who reads all of the replies and who posts knee jerk replies.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's not something to be proud of dude.
View Quote

No, it's not. Personally, I would be embarrassed to post that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I changed my first child's first diaper, and I have shared the duties through both kids. Given the amount of time and money we spent getting our kids, I want the return on my investment, even if it is literally crap.

"They're in the other room beating each other up with my old Star Wars figures."

View Quote

Yeah, I gave all my kids their first baths too.  

We go through an entire beef cow every year at the SCW house and the kids are still getting bigger.  I remind myself that this is an investment.... Must give it time....  Last week I spent $62 on socks for my kids.  I've been bragging about these nice Darn Tough socks and my son mentioned that he's been saving for some-  so he bought two pair and I doubled his order for him.  He's 12.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You can certainly tell who reads all of the replies and who posts knee jerk replies.
View Quote

Yep, another one right below you, lol.  Classic GD.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#42]
PUSSY!

I have triplets and have changed more diapers than most.

Man up!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We go through an entire beef cow every year at the SCW house and the kids are still getting bigger.  I remind myself that this is an investment.... Must give it time....  Last week I spent $62 on socks for my kids.  I've been bragging about these nice Darn Tough socks and my son mentioned that he's been saving for some-  so he bought two pair and I doubled his order for him.  He's 12.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't yet told my kids I expect them to change me when I'm back in diapers. No sense ruining their happiness now before it's time to collect the returns on the investment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consider a pair of wool Thorlos. I initially bought them for backpacking, but quickly discovered they're rugged as shit. And you know your kids are going to run outside with no shoes on when you're not looking.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
this is why divorce is high here...
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You should work on being a parent. You'd be surprised how much you might like it
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Consider a pair of wool Thorlos. I initially bought them for backpacking, but quickly discovered they're rugged as shit. And you know your kids are going to run outside with no shoes on when you're not looking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And ride the horse on the road with no saddle, torment the chickens, go an entire year without changing a diaper....

Dang kids.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You bargained wrong. Mine was never having to wake up in the middle of the night and tend to a crying baby. She shouldered 100% of the responsibility in that regard on the second one, and decided I wasn't getting any better on #3.

BTW, modern diapers will hold a shitload of...well, shit. It surprised me every time she came home and changed one. The package says "12-18 lbs" and they're not lying. Them sumbitches will hold every ounce of that, if you immobilize the little booger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was happy with 2 kids.  Wifey wanted a 3rd later.  I said ok if I don't have to change poop diapers.  That was my one condition.   I have to of course if she is gone as i will watch all the kids so she can go out.  I haven't changed a single poop diaper though if she has been around.

I work and she is a stay at home mom.  I have to sleep or I can't function at work doing dentistry.  My 3rd kid woke up so much I bought a bed for my man cave.  He didn't start sleeping through the night until 18 months.   It was a struggle to get used to sharing a bed with my wife after he started sleeping HAHAHA. Im horrible .  I helped on weekends though with night feeding.

I spend so much time with my kids now though.  Me and all 3 of them have sleepovers in my room watching movies and horseplaying whilst consuming gobs of junkfood.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
this is why divorce is high here...
View Quote

So, so true.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I work and she is a stay at home mom.  I have to sleep or I can't function at work doing dentistry.  My 3rd kid woke up so much I bought a bed for my man cave.  He didn't start sleeping through the night until 18 months.   I helped on weekends though with night feeding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work and she is a stay at home mom.  I have to sleep or I can't function at work doing dentistry.  My 3rd kid woke up so much I bought a bed for my man cave.  He didn't start sleeping through the night until 18 months.   I helped on weekends though with night feeding.

Dude, having functioning moobs is not something to brag about.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top