User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
he had to have expected this.....

you dont toss a steak into the wolf pit and not expect them to bite

Posting a thread about women's jeans on a gun board? Oh ya. I've got what's coming to me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you ever tried boot cut jeans?  You know, for men?  How much flair are we talking about?  After all, you do want to express yourself... you don't want just the bare minimum of flair.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
.....You don't want to wear these.

actually, i dont want to wear any women's clothes.  The closest thing I wear to women's clothing is unisex uniform items like BDU's and flight suits, and those were clerarly made for men and women just wear them too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.amandasmodels.com/Melyssa/Alison_tied_shirt_hay.jpg

you should tie the front of your shirt like this

And grow boobs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to a Diesel Sore - they will have men's jeans that fit you.  Try the "X-Rotuck" - it will fit the description you have given.  Neiman Marcus and other retailers also carry Diesel jeans.  I have tried on women's jeans at the various stores I have worked at.  I find them exceptionally uncomfortable - there isn't enough room in the front part of the crouch and typically the pockets are at the wrong angle and undersized.  They are designed for a woman’s body not a man’s.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Have you ever tried boot cut jeans?  You know, for men?  How much flair are we talking about?  After all, you do want to express yourself... you don't want just the bare minimum of flair.

Sure, I own some (Levis 517). They clear a boot just fine, but they're not bells. My favorite pair of old Levis's (men's jeans, not much different than certain modern cuts for women) have a 13" leg opening.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you ask your wife "Do I look fat in these?"

Never mind....I don't want to know.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Go to a Diesel Sore - they will have men's jeans that fit you.  Try the "X-Rotuck" - it will fit the description you have given.  Neiman Marcus and other retailers also carry Diesel jeans.  I have tried on women's jeans at the various stores I have worked at.  I find them exceptionally uncomfortable - there isn't enough room in the front part of the crouch and typically the pockets are at the wrong angle and undersized.  They are designed for a woman’s body not a man’s.

I have. The Diesel jeans come close, but not quite. The leg opening is too small, and they are closer to a straight leg. They have kind of a relaxed "sloppy" fit to them. Close, but not quite.

As for the pockets, some of them are at a wierd angle in women's jeans. I avoid the ones with a pronounced angle in the rear, as they clearly denote a woman's pair of jeans. I think it's to accentuate a woman's ass, or some such bullshit. The small pocket thing does piss me off, though.

Believe me, if Levis would simply start making 684's again, I'd avoid all this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Take a look at Silver Jeans.  They have a mens line now that includes flair jeans.  Also I think BKE does too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Honestly I'd be interested in a side by side comparison.

I wonder if anyone could tell the difference without being told.
oh and ghey.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Lucky for you 5.11 makes pants for women too!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

oh and ghey.

I've posted pics of me before in women's jeans, but I kept quiet. Nobody said a word.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh and ghey.

I've posted pics of me before in women's jeans, but I kept quiet. Nobody said a word.

You sly dog you.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Take a look at Silver Jeans.  They have a mens line now that includes flair jeans.  Also I think BKE does too.

I just looked. It's more of a boot cut jean, and they go straight down. The thigh should be a tad smaller, and the leg opening needs to be alot bigger. Jeans like that are easy to find. It's trying to find a Levi 684 equivalent that's tricky.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh and ghey.

You sly dog you.

Does that mean we are all secretly teh ghey?

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I worry when 'men' start talking fashion...

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Next thing you know you'll be wearing her panties  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry.  You're right.  I looked at the 684 and I haven't stumbled across a cut like that anywhere.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Do they button the wrong way?

Inquireing minds want to know.....

Then again, not!

Badredfish
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have. The Diesel jeans come close, but not quite. The leg opening is too small, and they are closer to a straight leg. They have kind of a relaxed "sloppy" fit to them. Close, but not quite.

As for the pockets, some of them are at a wierd angle in women's jeans. I avoid the ones with a pronounced angle in the rear, as they clearly denote a woman's pair of jeans. I think it's to accentuate a woman's ass, or some such bullshit. The small pocket thing does piss me off, though.

Not all Diesels are the same!  There are over 24 different cuts for men.  The X-Rotuck has a large leg opening.  Most retailers only carry the Rabox, Zathan, and maybe a few others.  I would recommend ordering a pair of X-Rotucks in your size from a Diesel store shipping fee is $12.  

LoomState is another good brand but too expensive to have more than few pairs.  

ETA- Energie makes jeans that would probably work - the fit is called Fleetwood.  Try AGs as well - the Fillmore is bell bottomish.  The Energies can look borderline gay though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sorry.  You're right.  I looked at the 684 and I haven't stumbled across a cut like that anywhere.  

And there's the problem. You can get close in women's jeans, which is why I occasionally buy them. It's hard to locate 33x34 (measured) Levi 684's, and when you find them they're fucking expensive. Desparate times call for desparate measures.

If I found a very similar cut in men's jeans, I'd stop this women's jean stuff.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Womens jeans fit better with a thong, time to go shopping! Try your wifes underware on first...

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Dang man,never ,NEVER admit to wearing women's clothing if your not a woman. Geez........c'mon man! No gain in comfort is worth telling the world that you wear womens cloths.  No smiley works good here.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not all Diesels are the same!  There are over 24 different cuts for men.  The X-Rotuck has a large leg opening.  Most retailers only carry the Rabox, Zathan, and maybe a few others.  I would recommend ordering a pair of X-Rotucks in your size from a Diesel store shipping fee is $12.  

LoomState is another good brand but too expensive to have more than few pairs.  

ETA- Energie makes jeans that would probably work - the fit is called Fleetwood.  Try AGs as well - the Fillmore is bell bottomish.  The Energies can look borderline gay though.

The best way to give you an idea of what I'm after is to show you. These are Men's Levi 684's:

I'll look at the others you listed (Diesel - even the X-Rotuck specifically - aren't what I'm after).
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I was wondering when someone was going to get to the most important question of all!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I hate women's jeans.  I don't know how women wear them.   Unless you buy specifically low rise jeans, the waist is too high up.  Men have a lower center of gravity, which is why your jeans are lower waisted than women's.  I have no idea what that has to do with it, nor do I know why the jeans are made like that.  That's just what I've been told my entire life.

Personally, I prefer men's button fly jeans. SM likes to wear women's jeans and you guys call him gay for it.  I like to wear men's jeans, so what does that make me?

I specifically buy low rise jeans, as they fit right. Normal women's jeans are a terrible fit.

You wearing men's jeans makes you a lesbian, and you won't find a single man on ARFCOM who will give you shit about it.

Hell, we'd like to know more.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#30]
After seeing the pic I would say try the AGs.  AG is short for Adriano Goldshmeid.  Neimans carries them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
After seeing the pic I would say try the AGs.  AG is short for Adriano Goldshmeid.  Neimans carries them.

Holt shit, those are like $200 and they're only kinda close. Even with the supply probem (manufactured decades ago), I can still pick up the real deal for $100, which I consider a little high for a pair of jeans.

The problem is, most guys wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of bells, so nobody is compelled to make them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#32]
BWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering when someone was going to get to the most important question of all!

"Its gotta be the jeans."

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:The best way to give you an idea of what I'm after is to show you. These are Men's Levi 684's:
i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/35/17/22_1.JPG

gloftoe.com/in_the_navy.jpg
hr

+1
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Clothes can be unisex... I had a girlfriend once, who always wore a flannel jacket. Turned out it was actually a men's shirt, a heavy one but nonetheless, a shirt not a jacket. It looked better on me, so I kept it My woman and I have one stash of sweashirts.

As for jeans, Union Bay has a decent cut that fits me well for around $30/pair... but I'd wear whatever... it's not like you can tell.

Just don't wear no low-rise hip huggin pants with half shirts...
And keep away from the Jordache

Otherwise, sounds like you're sleepin' with a chick, and thats pretty non-gay, regardless of what pants lay bedside.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#38]
yeah you want them tight so you can show off your camel toe
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

They really aren't alot different than men's jeans. They're cut a little different (enough to fit me better, apparently), and the pockets are smaller. Oh, and the tag says "Women". Other than that, I swear to God they're nearly identical.

So are you a pear or an apple?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#40]
holy shit

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Have you tried used clothes places?

One of my roommates in college loved the bell bottoms and he would buy vintage jeans.

Since you have muscular thighs, maybe a muscle building forum would be a better place to ask your question.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I can wear a 4s or 6s.

The problem for me is I am much thinner than the average overweight American, pear shaped, ninja male.  

So I can either shop in the little boys section, or the women's section.  Most stores don't carry belts or pants small enough for me.  So I generally wear chinos, wool trousers, or Dickies type uniform pants and have them altered to fit.    

Besides, jeans are jeans.  They are denim pants made for miners.  In fact  I dont wear denim and dont have any in my apartment.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
the things people feel the need to share on this board...

No shit.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Gayer than a bag of dicks
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
the things people feel the need to share on this board...

+1...... TMI.....talk about ghey (basher) baiting

Oh and
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I can wear a 4s or 6s.

The problem for me is I am much thinner than the average overweight American, pear shaped, ninja male.  

So I can either shop in the little boys section, or the women's section.  Most stores don't carry belts or pants small enough for me.  So I generally wear chinos, wool trousers, or Dickies type uniform pants and have them altered to fit.    

Besides, jeans are jeans.  They are denim pants made for miners.  In fact  I dont wear denim and dont have any in my apartment.  

you must have an @ss like a 10 year old boy?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#48]
hell's the matter with you son?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

So, feeling a little frisky, I decided to try some of her old flare leg jeans on. HOLY SHIT, the damn things fit like a glove. They're comfy, too!

When I think about getting into my GF's jeans .
It's more along the lines that I want her out of them
and leaving them on the floor

Besides , she wears a size zero , so I doubt they would
make it past my ankle .
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'd post my credit card numbers here before I would have posted that.

For some reason this reminds me of you 'nice outfit' thread from awhile ago.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top