Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#1]

I dialed it by accident once before.

Officer who responded was very nice about it. Did not ask to come in or anything, guess I don't look like a wife-beater or child-abuser like all you guys.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I would cut your daughter's ammo allowance for a week.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Getting dressed this morning in order to take my mom to lunch. The doorbell rings and my son answers. He calls upstairs "Ummmh. It's kind of important. There's two police officers here."

Seems like my 9 year old daughter has called 911, and then hung up on them when they called back. We apologized profusely, but of course they also needed to talk to her to make sure we weren't beating her or something. Of course, she clammed up because she knew she was in trouble and eventually burst into tears and ran to her room. So by now we're feeling like a couple of child abusers when they leave. We did get her to run out to them and apologize, and they gave her a sticker. Hell - I'd have been happy if they put her in the police car to teach her an even bigger lesson!

It wouldn't be so bad, but she talked about doing that last night, and we read her the riot act at that time and told her to NEVER even THINK about doing that for real.

I can't wait until she's a teenager.

You say that now.

Been there, done that, twice.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My son, 5 years old, uses tears in an attempt to get out of trouble.  Sounds like she was testing her boundaries.  What will they do if I do something they told me absolutely NOT to do?
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
maybe a little community service at the police station is in order?    My son when he was 9 called the Fire Department.  The fire trucks came out [he panicked but left the phone off the hook].  The firemen came out [I was in the shower] and after figuring out that nothing was wrong proceeded to give said boy a ride in their truck.    I could have beat them all.

We ran a Fire Alarm call not too long ago because a little boy pulled one of the pull stations. He was waiting outside with his mother, in tears, and had to apologize to us.
Secretly, I am jealous because I've always wanted to do it
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#7]
As a Cop I can tell you the cops were mainly relieved. We go on these all day long. Normally kids playing on phone, dialing India, etc. When we can go on a call and there is nothing wrong (and no paperwork needed) we are happy.

Funny story. I was sitting at home watching TV my kids were in thier rooms playing. A knock on the door a friend is at the door in uniform. They had a 911 Hangup at my house. We go back to my youngest (4 at the time) sons room. He had received a little informative book that had buttons on it. when you pushed in 911 it made siren sounds and said help was on the way. He just had to try it out for himself. It seems that They notify EVERYONE when a 911 call comes out at a officers house. I brought the book in to work with me to explain that it was all a misunderstanding. It happens to everyone.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
maybe a little community service at the police station is in order?    My son when he was 9 called the Fire Department.  The fire trucks came out [he panicked but left the phone off the hook].  The firemen came out [I was in the shower] and after figuring out that nothing was wrong proceeded to give said boy a ride in their truck.    I could have beat them all.

We ran a Fire Alarm call not too long ago because a little boy pulled one of the pull stations. He was waiting outside with his mother, in tears, and had to apologize to us.
Secretly, I am jealous because I've always wanted to do it

I LOL'd.

I've always wanted to do it... but couldn't ever work up the courage. If I did it now, It would be such a nonchalant thing. 'Pull it as you're walking down the hallway... but it wouldn't have the same pizazz.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Getting dressed this morning in order to take my mom to lunch. The doorbell rings and my son answers. He calls upstairs "Ummmh. It's kind of important. There's two police officers here."

Seems like my 9 year old daughter has called 911, and then hung up on them when they called back. We apologized profusely, but of course they also needed to talk to her to make sure we weren't beating her or something. Of course, she clammed up because she knew she was in trouble and eventually burst into tears and ran to her room. So by now we're feeling like a couple of child abusers when they leave. We did get her to run out to them and apologize, and they gave her a sticker. Hell - I'd have been happy if they put her in the police car to teach her an even bigger lesson!

It wouldn't be so bad, but she talked about doing that last night, and we read her the riot act at that time and told her to NEVER even THINK about doing that for real.

I can't wait until she's a teenager.

Yeah, I'm there with mine now. Do yourself a favor and get your meds started now. I'm not kidding.

Good luck...............

AB

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top