Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

He randomly texted me earlier today saying he was sitting in Bill Gates' backyard attending his BBQ.... He's not allowed to take pics or even talk on his phone... I hope he gives out free Xbox's.

Tell your dad to ask old Bill why he wants to kill 80% of the population.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Still looking for link. If I cant find one ill just post a pic of my girl friend.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Still looking for link. If I cant find one ill just post a pic of my girl friend.

She looks like this, right?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bill Gates.

Is allowed to rise to insanely rich status thanks to the United States of America and what does he do? He advocates for more visas to hire cheap foreign labor and form a foundation to send all his money to Africa.

You're welcome Bill.

He can spend his money as he likes, but his constant crying about there not being enough H-1Bs, during this current recession and following the dotcom bust, when tens of thousands of IT workers were out of work, just goes to show what a fucking asshole he and his friends are (including Intel, Yahoo, and others who pressured Congress to raise the H-1B cap during the dotcom bust.)
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Well shit thanks for saving me the time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She looks like this, right?

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~cs766-1/projects/mosaic/students/bhaswati/Poisson%20Blending/hand.jpg

She's hawt!

+1

She got a twin sister?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Bill Gates.

Is allowed to rise to insanely rich status thanks to the United States of America and what does he do? He advocates for more visas to hire cheap foreign labor and form a foundation to send all his money to Africa.

You're welcome Bill.

You do realize that the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has donated over $2.23 billion to chartiable projects within the United States, right?  Some of the money he's donated helped rebuild public libraries that were damaged in the Southeast damaged by hurricanes, he's donated over $1.5 billion to scholarships for US students among other things.  How much money have you donated to US charities?  

I don't give a shit if he took his money and bought every queer in the US a rainbow colored unicorn, as long as he would lay off the H-1B bandwagon, which not only undermines US workers, but makes our children think twice about going into technology and engineering in the first place. All the while he cries about US kids not being interested in math.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We can wait....
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Text him back to ask Gates why all his products are such pieces of crap?
Yup such huge pieces of shit they have 90% of the market.

Windows 7 sells 7 copies every second, it outsells the "game-changing ipad" 15 to 1.    

The fact every new desktop and laptop comes pre-load with Windows 7 could have something to do with that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Windows 7 sells 7 copies every second, it outsells the "game-changing ipad" 15 to 1.    

Windows is the "AK47" of operating systems.

The hell it is. It's the fucking Chauchat of operating systems.

And I've been a Windows programmer for 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#12]
God dammit.  All you fags get off the computer now.  The only reason you are posting on arfcom right now is because of Bill Gates genuse.  Fuck Ben Franklin, Fuck Hirem Maxim, Fuck Henry Ford.  All evil.  Get real.  Get down on your knees, get the astroglide and show your respect for a man who has bettered himself.  Otherwise, go post from an Apple IIe.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't understand why thats so hard to believe. You guys do understand the government has a lot of invested interest in bill gates. Looking for link now. will return to stop the hate.

Ladies and Gentleman, this is trolling at it's finest. Take note.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read a while back the government wanted to test bill gates security at his house. So they sent in a seal team and even they could not get passed all the electronic security. True shit. Had bills consent. Before you ask why the gov sent seals, its because gates is a major player and the gov needs to make sure hes safe.

Yeah, that's a huge load of BS... everybody knows it was Delta Force trained Ninjas each armed with 87 throwing stars and a Taurus Judge loaded with birdshot.

No wai!

I heard tehy had deagles wit beamz

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My dad is at Bill Gates' Labor Day BBQ...

Fail.
THIS is Gates BBQ:

http://downtownkcliving.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gates1.jpg

"Hi, may I help you?"

+1000!

I have a bottle of Gates sauce in my fridge right now.

Man that's good stuff, love that vinegar based sauce!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
God dammit.  All you fags get off the computer now.  The only reason you are posting on arfcom right now is because of Bill Gates genuse.  Fuck Ben Franklin, Fuck Hirem Maxim, Fuck Henry Ford.  All evil.  Get real.  Get down on your knees, get the astroglide and show your respect for a man who has bettered himself.  Otherwise, go post from an Apple IIe.

My Linux machine I am posting from is not amused.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Seriously whats so hard to believe here? That the government would test his security with seals? Or that they couldn't get in undetected? Lets think out of the box here guys.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Seriously whats so hard to believe here? That the government would test his security with seals? Or that they couldn't get in undetected? Lets think out of the box here guys.

They would have to use the secret underwater entrance.

ETA: Who's troll account are you?  Because you are a genius.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Windows is the "AK47" of operating systems.

The hell it is. It's the fucking Chauchat of operating systems.

And I've been a Windows programmer for 20 years.

I've been a Unix programmer for a quarter of that time.  Please excuse my arrogance.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fail.

THIS is Gates BBQ:

"Hi, may I help you?"

Damn it, now I'm hungry!!!

Turkey on bun with fries, to go.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read that the KGB teamed up with the Pope and they rode unicorns onto Bill Gates roof just to say they could.

This is true.

Hi,

this site is all about the KGB and the Pope, and REAL
UNICORNS
.  This site is awesome.    My name is Robert

and I can't stop thinking about the KGB and the Pope on unicorns.  These

guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Facts:

The KGB and the Pope are mammals.

The KGB and the Pope fight ALL

the time.

The purpose of the alliance between the KGB and the Pope is to flip out and kill people, and determine critical flaws in retired rich guys' security suites.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Im seriously trying to figure out why you guys find it so hard to comprehend. Are you just fucking with me cause Im new here? why is it so hard to believe the government would want to test bill gates security? Do you understand who he is? Do you understand how important he is to the government? Do you understand why the government would want to test all measures to make sure people who would do him harm can't get to him? I will find proof! and will make a thread to accept all your apologies.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Im seriously trying to figure out why you guys find it so hard to comprehend. Are you just fucking with me cause Im new here? why is it so hard to believe the government would want to test bill gates security? Do you understand who he is? Do you understand how important he is to the government? Do you understand why the government would want to test all measures to make sure people who would do him harm can't get to him? I will find proof! and will make a thread to accept all your apologies.

How many times have you said this, and with nothing to show? Until you do so...

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#26]
GD....never lets me down.............
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The Waltons are far more important to the United States.  Without their hard work, most of us would have no ammunition, a serious threat to national readiness.  There are many Waltons, and only one Gates, too.  

So we've got what, a dozen SEAL teams?  I imagine some of them are in the middle east, some have got to be training, and we've got one on Gates' house.  We are so fucked, there's no way we have the resources to ensure the safety of our favorite blue-bannered discount store!

And we haven't even started to plan for Mark Zuckerberg's safety!  He must be an NSA robot or something, otherwise he'd have certainly been kidnapped by the aliens already.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Like him or his products or not, but Bill Gates played a key role in bringing our world to nearly complete inter-connectivity in 10-20ish years. That's a major accomplishment; I don't care who you are.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I read a while back the government wanted to test bill gates security at his house. So they sent in a seal team and even they could not get passed all the electronic security. True shit. Had bills consent. Before you ask why the gov sent seals, its because gates is a major player and the gov needs to make sure hes safe.

The SEALs were just sent to probe his defenses-they were there to learn
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I read that the KGB teamed up with the Pope and they rode unicorns onto Bill Gates roof just to say they could.

Are you retarded? They rode dragons, and Bill Gate's army, equipped with plasma rifles in the 40 watt range, shot down and killed them all, including the pope. It was covered up by the Bush administration and Halliburton.

Duh...

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do you understand who he is? Do you understand how important he is to the government? Do you understand why the government would want to test all measures to make sure people who would do him harm can't get to him? I will find proof! and will make a thread to accept all your apologies.

He is just another elitist lib who bleeds red like the rest of us. He is nothing special to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:59:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nope.  He came from a privileged background, used the capitalist/free-market system to make billions of dollars and then from his "lofty perch" turned around and is using that position to tell the rest of us how we should live.

Fuck him.    

What he actually did was have the foresight to buy the first operating system from one of his hippy friends and sell it to IBM.  IBM needed the system and couldn't get the hippy to meet with them so they went to Gates who knew him.  The hippy wouldn't sell the system to IBM but sold it to Gates for $5000.  Gates had the foresight to cut a deal with IBM to put the system in all new business computers.  It took off from there.

Gates had tremendous luck and a little business savvy and got to be the richest man in the world.  God bless America.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:01:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I heard NASA was doing CAS for the mission too. Some of my door gunner buddies were there.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

6/10

I made a funny face.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SEALs were just sent to probe his defenses-they were there to learn

They probed him? Dude, that is so gay.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:37:15 AM EDT
[#37]
H1B's suck
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:52:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Ha. Integer BASIC built in to the ][, ][+, ][e and ][c was a Microsoft product. I actually wrote a scathing email to Bill in 1979 complaining about issues in it in which I may have (in my adolescent rage) insulted him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Are we even sure if bill gates is real? I think he could of been turned into a cyborg in the mid 90's. I am not sure if the pope could kill him at all
I am afraid that Bill Gates got to the Pope first
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#40]
This thread made me cry I was laughing so hard.

Thanks to all involved
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Bill Gates is now a figurehead. Microsoft is a corporation. If Bill Gates self-immolated tomorrow and displayed his own Bill Screen of Death, Microsoft would continue on just as it has before, without missing a beat.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#43]
i would ask him if he donates computers to blue collar, white rural community schools.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Like him or his products or not, but Bill Gates played a key role in bringing our world to nearly complete inter-connectivity in 10-20ish years. That's a major accomplishment; I don't care who you are.

Wrong.  Microsoft all but ignored the Internet until they finally realized it wasn't going away.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Bet there were lotsa Union guys there (Including Western Service Union types & tEAMSTERS )
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.  Microsoft all but ignored the Internet until they finally realized it wasn't going away.

That may be true, but Microsoft enabled the world to connect to each other through their operating systems' fairly easy usage and lower price. Linux and Apple failed at those things respectivly for a long, long time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Apparently there was some decent food and beer. $50 bottles of wine. 100s of people. No free Xbox's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Fail.

THIS is Gates BBQ:

"Hi, may I help you?"

Big 'ol +1 right there.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#49]

You dont have to buy his shit or listen to his words.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No.

TCP/IP ("Internet Protocol") was an afterthought in the Windows world until '95.  Gates thought the internet and the World Wide Web would go no where; Microsoft dumped a ton of money into a "walled garden" online service ala AOL or CompuServe.  

Their network stack was borrowed from BSD.

Their OS UI is shamelessly stolen from Mac OS (put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mac haters).

Their office suite gained popularity mostly because it ran on –– surprise! –– Windows.   For years Word Perfect for DOS was a much better word processor than MS Word.  The best thing about Office was all the OLE stuff, which (if memory serves me correctly) wasn't really an MS innovation to begin with.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top