Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I feel your pain:  I have a blue fronted amazon and he tears stuff up all the time:  phones, blinds, etc.  I found him in a parking lot over 20 yrs ago and I am convinced he did not get away from someone:  someone opened the window and told him to GTFO.

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Your avatar needs an update now too.

Ha, yeah I suppose so.

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
African Grey, the local Vet has one of those for sale.  She breeds birds
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
They taste like chicken of course!
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have that same gun and grip, except mine still looks good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
If any condolences to your grips; you have a very healthy African Grey Congo from viewing your picture.  I have a timneh myself.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting. You say how much the repair might be, but you do not mention what the bird cost. Is it a matter of cutrting your losses? WOuld replacing the bird be cost-prohibitive?

I 'll try to commiserate with you but my story is dogcentric. About a year ago I rescued a cute German Shepherd/Greyhound(?) mix from the pound. He was mostly black and had two days left till a scheduled visit with the black nurse. I bought his license, paid his adoption fees, took him to the vet, got him wormed and all his shots, had him groomed, took him home, introduced him to the family. All parties were charmed. One month later we visited a small art museum close to us, on our way to stay with family for a couple days. I left him in the car in a shaded parking garage on a 60 degree day with a bowl of water, the windows cracked, two milkbones in a Kong, and his three favorite toys. We were only there to see a one room exhibit of Norman Rockwell paintings. One and a half hours later, we returned to find we no longer had seat belts. Well, we did, but only about one eight of a strand of each seat belt,  as if he had deliberately planned our demise in an a crash but did not want to be blamed for it... Maybe that's what happened to his last owner, I don't know. The dirty mutinous SOB cost me nearly $400 to replace the seatbelts. Now, his favorite thing to do is dart out of the house, run free, and roll in the biggest stinkiest pile of poo he can find. Even now he's outside on the chain from his latest jaunt because of it. Everyone left the car and came into the house tonight from a soccer game, and no one noticed his absence because we were fixated on getting dinner started. I can't take him off the leash from car to house now, apparently. Rotten little SOB. He's just lucky he's cute.

If its any consolation, my dog would eat your bird for you, if you wanted.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If any condolences to your grips; you have a very healthy African Grey Congo from viewing your picture.  I have a timneh myself.

I am proud of him, he's really good looking. I usually get lots of compliments when I take him to the park or when traveling with him. Speaking of traveling, here he is cruisin with me And yes, he just hangs on to the steering wheel while I turn, going upside down and everything.

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice African Grey.   Does it talk yet?

I have a feeling its first words mimiced will be: "Oh, that motherfucking bird!"

Oh yeah, he says over 100 words/sounds. Well, I stopped counting after 100 anyway. I've had him about 3 years, he's my bestest friend. And he's only about 8 or 9 years old, so hopefully he'll live just as long as I do, if not longer.

As for GC7, I totally agree that it's mean to have a bird and not let them out. My bird flies around the house quite regularly. Anytime we're home, he's out of the cage. In fact, he used to not even have a cage, he just lived on his big wooden perch. But, he eventually got bold and started getting into trouble while we were gone.

This is a serious question...when the bird is out of it's cage, where does it poop?  Can you train them to go in a particular place?  I never let my parakeets out because the cat would eat them, the dog would eat them, and they would poop everywhere I do believe .
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
talk with crimson trace.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Is that One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish on your arm?
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am proud of him, he's really good looking. I usually get lots of compliments when I take him to the park or when traveling with him. Speaking of traveling, here he is cruisin with me And yes, he just hangs on to the steering wheel while I turn, going upside down and everything.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j230/reptar_head/z022.jpg

I bought a used car from some people who owned a large parrot.  There are tiny claw and beak marks EVERYWHERE.  That guy loved to explore it seems!  I don't care, it was a cheap used car.  Big parrots are awesome.  Unfortunately, it turns out that parakeets are just obnoxious.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice "Birds head" style grip now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a feeling its first words mimiced will be: "Oh, that motherfucking bird!"

Oh yeah, he says over 100 words/sounds. Well, I stopped counting after 100 anyway. I've had him about 3 years, he's my bestest friend. And he's only about 8 or 9 years old, so hopefully he'll live just as long as I do, if not longer.

As for GC7, I totally agree that it's mean to have a bird and not let them out. My bird flies around the house quite regularly. Anytime we're home, he's out of the cage. In fact, he used to not even have a cage, he just lived on his big wooden perch. But, he eventually got bold and started getting into trouble while we were gone.

This is a serious question...when the bird is out of it's cage, where does it poop?  Can you train them to go in a particular place?  I never let my parakeets out because the cat would eat them, the dog would eat them, and they would poop everywhere I do believe

Mine went back in the cage and did his business.  Then came back out.

Beautiful bird by the way!

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a serious question...when the bird is out of it's cage, where does it poop?  Can you train them to go in a particular place?  I never let my parakeets out because the cat would eat them, the dog would eat them, and they would poop everywhere I do believe .

Yes, you can potty train them to go back to their cage when they want to poop. However, I'm not that patient, so he poops wherever he wants. When he's out he's usually on top of his cage or somwhere hanging out on it, so I've got newspaper down all around it. When he flies over to the couch, I throw a towel down for him, and there's a towel on the bed for when he wants to hang out in the room while we read in bed. Other than that, you just get used to cleaning up little poops every now and again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Close, it's McElligot's Pool. A lesser known but equally awesome Dr. Seuss book
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#17]
My vote...

Sell the bird and buy two new airweights...
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thor spends a bit of time flying about the house, too.

The cats respect him.

Nice looking Grey.

Sorry about your grips.  Did you try buffing it out?  

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Now would be an appropriate use for bird-shot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I would think that repairing the grips would be cost prohibitive.  I see on mine that a lot of the stuff is glued to the grip itself and not really meant to be removed.  Never can tell though, so a call to CT may return a surprise.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youre like a modern day pirate.

Now i want a parrot.But i bet they make a lot of noise?
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow.  That's way more destruction than I was expecting.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Birds suck!
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.fototime.com/C248667657DF949/standard.jpg

The cats respect him.

http://www.fototime.com/10CC815AEA90A76/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/40C0EFEDBFC6D4C/standard.jpg

Nice looking Grey.

What is Thor? Is he a raven, a crow, a magpie? What? Cool looking bird, that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youre like a modern day pirate.

Now i want a parrot.But i bet they make a lot of noise?

Not all kinds of parrots are, but most Greys are pretty noisy. Mine certainly is, but I love him anyway.

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What is Thor? Is he a raven, a crow, a magpie? What? Cool looking bird, that.

Thor is an African Pied Crow - larger than an American Crow but just smaller than a raven.  He's all beak and talons - has a vocabulary of 40+ words and some complete sentences "Where ya' goin', huh?", "I ALREADY KNOW THAT!", etc...

Plus he meows and barks, too!

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.fototime.com/C248667657DF949/standard.jpg

The cats respect him.

http://www.fototime.com/10CC815AEA90A76/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/40C0EFEDBFC6D4C/standard.jpg

Nice looking Grey.

Nice corvid!

My uncle nursed a baby crow back to health that had fallen out of it's nest when he was a kid.  It learned to say a few things and was extremely smart.

I couldn't handle a parrot.  It'd be like living with a feathered 3-yo kid with ADD for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close, it's McElligot's Pool. A lesser known but equally awesome Dr. Seuss book

One of my personal favorites!

"Cause you never can tell what goes on down below..."

Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#29]
your bird is trying to kill you
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So, you going to stew him or spit and roast him?

This
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
African Grey, the local Vet has one of those for sale.  She breeds birds

Does she use a dresser drawer?
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Bird 1 Pistola 0

BTW, I'd wager that bird is worth far more than that pistol? so he'd get a pass in my book.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#33]
That'll learn you good.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Dinner Pic upcoming??
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If his beak would have squeezed that trigger and the trigger guard there would have been a kaboom.  They are pretty strong and there is no doubt in my mind he could have bit the trigger hard enough to discharge the weapon.  

If he was an African Grey, he's already read the manual and knows not to do that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Kill the bird.

this

he has openly challenged your dominance.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#37]

that sucks man.  call crimson trace and tell them about it.  they may get enough of a kick out of it that they'll replace it for you
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#38]
customize with JB Weld
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#39]
No there's something ya don't see everyday.............

Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So my girlfriend and I jumped in the shower after work, and forgot to put the bird away.

Nobody's asked the important question: Where's the pics of the GF? Preferably in the shower

Check my BOTD thread

Damn........

Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Bad birdie.  No special treat.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Is fried parrot as good as fried chicken?
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#43]
It gives it a better look then throwing it down your driveway
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
send it back and tell them it's defective

The bird or the grips?
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
send it back and tell them it's defective

The bird or the grips?

I'd say he just did a custom checkering job for you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If his beak would have squeezed that trigger and the trigger guard there would have been a kaboom.  They are pretty strong and there is no doubt in my mind he could have bit the trigger hard enough to discharge the weapon.  

If he was an African Grey, he's already read the manual and knows not to do that.

now that made me really laugh!
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Beak-stippling is the new tacticool
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Get a holster for the bird.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Get a holster for the bird.

awesome mental picture

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top