User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Damn this is tragic and terrible in many ways.

I must have tried to write something here about 5 or 6 times, each time deleting it and coming back to this one thought. I'm glad I don't have to make any decisions over this incident.

Stuff like this happens every day and I always tell my wife, "there is no excuse for this, they took a life and now they should give their own life."

If faced with the same situation and my own kids, I would most likely continue to believe this, but since I don't have kids, I can't even BEGIN to imagine the horror of dealing with it. On one hand you want your child to be safe and healthy, on the other you're terror stricken with their actions and the result of those actions.

I hope the situation works out, although I think that is an impossibility. Bee and HoneyBee, you guys are amazing people and I wish you nothing but the best, but this is one lesson that the parents and child need to learn on their own.

I wish I could say all the things in my head, but I can't get them out right now. Remember to live each day to the fullest, because you never know when your time is up.
View Quote
I wish I could say something that would help. I, too, have almost posted several times but I really can't think of anything to say. GB's post pretty well states my thoughts as well; thanks, GB. Hang in there, Beekeeper1 & Honeybee.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I want you all to know that I really love my sister and niece, but I can't really say how I feel. I do not feel sad for her. I guess that is what really bothers me because she is hurt and could of died. Well thank you all for your kind words. [>:/]

Linda [:I]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry Honeybee and Beekeeper.  As a motorcyclist this sort of thing is my worst nightmare.

Perhaps this will be rock bottom for her, and there will be nowhere to go but up.  Then again, some people hit rock bottom and just get used to staying there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey BK sorry to hear about the agony you're going thru but more than that is the fact a man was killed os some spoiled snot nosed kid could learn her lesson because her lazy ass parent was ALLOWED to BREED ANOTHER "ERROR".

See what happens when being "PC" and "Touchy feely comes into play instead of honest parenting" = it's always a game of Russian Roulette!

You mentioned the nice lifestyle the sis in law has - if they get sued I hope they loose everything - a small price to pay but for a life but maybe just then somebody will have figured it out.....Nah whos kidding who then she will just be a bitter, broke, crummy parent!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I want you all to know that I really love my sister and niece, but I can't really say how I feel. I do not feel sad for her. I guess that is what really bothers me because she is hurt and could of died. Well thank you all for your kind words. [>:/]

Linda [:I]
View Quote

I can understand how you feel.

On one hand, its bad that ANYONE is hurt [b]BUT[/b]

one the other hand she has to be responsible for her own actions....

In a way I wish she [i]COULD[/i] read this thread,

WHY? Because she could see how ALL of these other people are angered by her actions and the irresponsible parent as well as the [b]SELFISHNESS[/b] of her mother.

Yes, her daughter is hurt and she should be THANKFUL TO GOD [b]BUT[/b] someone [b]DIED[/b] by [b]HER[/b] actions, which were avoidable it seems.

She has to realize that at some point in her life she has to be responsible.

We live in a society where so many look for scapegoats for [i]THEIR problems[/i].

Don't take me wrong, its not directed at you.
I just pray that for a moment she can see things from the perspective of someone else - [b]the family of the deceased![/b]

If she sees this thread, maybe then she'll see just how wrong it was - how angry it makes one feel.

They (the niece and her mother) should think of how his family must feel. May he [b]does[/b] have small children, maybe a pregnant wife. Will he ever see his kids grow up? Will his kids be fatherless? Will his family be in need because of their loss? Maybe he never even had the opportunity to have any kids? There are all kinds of possibilities but the have all been taken away - never again possible! NEVER!

I have to stop...

I don't know but I hope all turns out for the best.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#9]
First thing first.....the pet peeve.
 You can't say "I know how you feel," truthfully because people are so different.  It is impossible.

I wish you both the best through this.  Dealing with the things that others put on your shoulders isn't fair or right.  Sometimes I feel that there is enough on my plate at one time, without someone else adding something to it.

Your niece and sister/inlaw will change only if they want to.  Whether this happens is too complicated for me.

My Email is always open.

Doug  
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Torn Uterus???

Please tell me that this will keep her from breeding.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]
BeeKeeper,

Although your brother is involved (he should grow a set of balls and put this wife of his in her place) this is a case where litigation IS needed. I hope the girl, and the driver get sued and taken for eveything they will ever have. This ,however, will likely include her parents. I know if it was a member of my family who died like that being pennyless would be being shown mercy.[pissed]

BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Listen to me..Take a deep breath and sit back for a moment. First of all were Drugs or Alcohol involved? Second no matter how you feel understand this. They did not go out to kill anyone. Yes it was STUPID. Yes there is a big problem here.

The problem is not with you or your sister, but her parents. Instead of sending her away they should have got her Therapy. I don't know if they did or not. There was a very big cry for help here.

Military School, Marines or buying her another car was not the answer. Remember YOU or YOUR wife didn't do it. For whatever reason her life was spared, It's all in Gods Hands. She will have to live with what happened. She will be the one who will remember that very split second when her whole world changed.

I hate to say it, but instead of being pissed. Her parents and if you and your wife want to be involved need to help on a road to recovery. It's easy to say SFK and hope she can't breed. Her children might not turn out doing stupid things like this.

You have my E-mail address and Phone #. I want you to use it. There is nothing to do that will bring this person back. But deep down it's better to stand and help instead of trying to destroy another life.

Trust me I know this for a fact. I would have had a 30 year old son,but he got killed at age 10 by a car that hit him.

It also took me like Goatboy a couple of times to write this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Personal responsibility in this country has gone out the window.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:03:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for clearing that up BeeKeeper. Sorry about the misunderstanding. At the very least it must be comforting that your bloodfolk had nothing to do with it.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Beekeeper & Honeybee -

I am very sorry to hear this. Although one life was lost, there is an opportunity to save another. The girl sounds like she was heading in a very bad direction in life and this may be the wake-up call she needed to save herself from her own self-destructive behavior.  Several years ago my cousin's husband was involved in a similar incident.  The guy had always been an unemployed drunk and junkie.  He got loaded one afternoon at a party and on the drive home accidently killed a guy on a motorcycle.  He ended up doing about a year in prison (not much for a human life, I know...).  After he got out, he had a radical change in lifestyle - kicked the drugs and booze and has managed to get a job and keep it since then.  He's been a model citizen and father since then.  He killed a man too, and I don't mean to minimize the gravity of taking a life in such a senseless and stupid way, but he learned from it and used it to take stock of his life and get his life back on track.  Hopefully your niece can do the same.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Another case of Natural Selection gone terribly wrong.
View Quote

Natural Selection sometimes keep the idiots and gets rid of smart people. if all the idiots are dead then what is a smart person? yes it was unfortunate yes she should be beaten on the butt (spanking for you overly PC people). but she will have to live with that death for the rest of her life.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm sorry to hear about the man's death.

Quoted:
When her parents gave her the first punishment of her life--a grounding--

Now, mommie and daddy bought her yet another car.
View Quote

Hmmm... first punishment of her life at 15???  Several totaled cars later and they buy her another???  FirearmTom is right.
View Quote

I think a good old fashioned Pinto is in order. slower than snot and twice as old.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

P.S. I think my father-in-law is some kind of saint.  Imagine living in a house with [b]six[/b] women, for twenty years, and only one bathroom.  Criminals get sentenced to better.  Ugh!
View Quote

LOL! poor guy was way outnumbered. how did he ever get time in the bathroom? ;)
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#21]
10 plus years ago, my best friend in HS was killed by a drunk driver. I never even got to say goodbye to Rob. Well, I did, but that was at the funeral, and he didn't say it back.

The tragic irony of this story is, we had been out celebrating Rob's 21st Birthday. Doing all the crazy things we all did at that age, we all had too much to drink. Rob only lived 3/4 mile from the bar we were at. He knew he couldn't drive so he decided to walk home. There was a 200 yard stretch where there was no sidewalk, but a wide shoulder of gravel on his way home.
This is where he was hit. Another kid from HS only 19 coming back from a wedding, where he had been drinking too much, veered off the road and hit Rob at what they figured to be 50 mph.
And then drove off! Thank God someone saw it happen or Rob might not have been found for quite some time. The impact threw him 40 feet into a ditch.

An ambulance was called and it passed the bar we were in. One of my other friends had a bad feeling about it so we ran outside to see where it was heading. We saw it stop by the gravel. Our hearts stopped cold. One of our friends ran down to see what it was all about and came running back white as a ghost and crying.

Other people in the bar offered to take us to the ER after the abulance left.

At the hospital, we were waiting in the waiting area when the doctor came out and told us that Rob died as a result of massive internal bleeding and trauma to the head.

He died because he was smart enough to know he shouldn't drive home, but someone else wasn't smart enough to know that. Someone who should not have been drinking in the first place. He was underage.

The driver was charged w/ vehicular manslughter. He got 3 years. The family of the wedding couple were sued as well as the establishment that the wedding was held at for an undisclosed amount. I know how much, but it doesn't bring Rob back.

There are so many things I wish I would have done differently that night, but it doesn't matter. What's done is done. I never got to say goodbye to him.

It sucks when someone dies through no fault of their own, but the impact is far reaching. Lets just hope your wife's niece learns something from this.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top