Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow.

I had so idea. This is really bad.

I played with a P320 at the gun store and decided the trigger was frighteningly light for a gun without any safety, and not I am thrilled at that decision.
View Quote
Guy at the range wanted to show his off and let me try a couple mags through it.

I thought it felt like shooting my old P226s in single action (with a little heavier take up and not as smooth).  Guess I'm just a glock guy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
1911 guys be like fuck these plastic faggots.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
What happened with that thread a few weeks back, when the dudes Glock allegedly fired while in his glove box?
Did that end up being complete BS, modified gun maybe?
I would not know how to even start a search to find it.
Sorry for the derail.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Ever since I bought a piece of shit 556 I'll never buy a US made sig again.  I have an old German made 380 and a Swiss made 553   They are nice, top of the line.  But sig US will never get a dollar from me again
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
As a proud 320 owner I chuckled at that one
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#9]
It is too bad, I like the modular idea. Hopefully they iron out the problems and make it into a reliable choice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What happened with that thread a few weeks back, when the dudes Glock allegedly fired while in his glove box?
Did that end up being complete BS, modified gun maybe?
I would not know how to even start a search to find it.
Sorry for the derail.
View Quote
It was a modified gun. Aftermarket trigger at least, I don't remember what else.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Glock fanboi in me giggles with Glee

However I like Sig and have been saddened by what it has become and and cautiously hopeful this might sink Cohen 

So Sig can make serious grim German tools again instead of sticker and paint job special editions of questionable quality for flat bill bro dozer drivers .
View Quote
Cohen is a fucking virus that destroys its host.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Out of morbid curiosity, I grabbed a hammer similar to the one used in the vid, and gave my VP9 a good beating. I was hitting it directly on the back plate, and right on the end of the frame in an upward ish direction towards the slide, right on the end of the beavertail. I was hitting it hard enough that I was worried that I may damage my pistol.

It did not trip the striker.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#13]
So about this selection process for the Army's new handgun...

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I saw a thread a couple days ago full of posters saying the danger of the 320 was all bullshit.

I wonder what they have to say now.
View Quote
They are standing by their silly comments. Strange that they are that emotionally invested in a pistol.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:16:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Wonder how long it takes before a CSI or Law And Order episode gets made with a similar pistol in the story line .
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:18:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/CDEY6wN.gif
View Quote
If that was accurate the army would have kept the Beretta.   Turns out you have to go to Hollywood to make a Beretta go full Sig.   
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They are standing by their silly comments. Strange that they are that emotionally invested in a pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw a thread a couple days ago full of posters saying the danger of the 320 was all bullshit.

I wonder what they have to say now.
The Anti-Glock Kool-Aide is Strong.

I say that carrying a S&W shield mostly now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cohen is a fucking virus that destroys its host.
View Quote
Yeah Kimber has never recovered

But IMO comparing Kimber to Sig is like comparing VTech to Sony 
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/CDEY6wN.gif
View Quote
"Is it dead?"
"What the fuck?!"

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah Kimber has never recovered

But IMO comparing Kimber to Sig is like comparing VTech to Sony 
View Quote
Dude I am old enough to remember when SIG-Sauer was one of the Gold Standards for reliability and duty ready handguns out of the box. I wouldn't trust them without a significant break in and range testing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:13:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like exactly the kinda thing the Army would spend money on
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#25]
nope if it was olympic they would still have it
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#26]
So basically SIG and the US Army did no drop testing. Makes the people who claimed not enough testing was done before declaring a winner look vindicated. Holy fuck what a clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So basically SIG and the US Army did no drop testing. Makes the people who claimed not enough testing was done before declaring a winner look vindicated. Holy fuck what a clusterfuck.
View Quote
Honestly betting on a newly designed Sig pistol having serious issues is like betting on the Pats vs the Browns.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I dont have a sig, but how does a glock respond to the same "test"?
View Quote
Mars rear side and possible rear sight misalignment 
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:01:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:09:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I bet the Sig owners here that have been giving Glock owners such a hard time lately are now regretting doing so.
View Quote
You still use a grenade as a pistol so.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:12:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Why are they wearing vests
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:14:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
They explode like a grenade.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:21:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

nope if it was olympic they would still have it
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:32:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you can shield yourself from the blast with your boyfriend's furry suits.

but they pass with flying colors b/c glocks are safe pistols
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:35:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So safe

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:35:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ever since I bought a piece of shit 556 I'll never buy a US made sig again.  I have an old German made 380 and a Swiss made 553   They are nice, top of the line.  But sig US will never get a dollar from me again
View Quote
I learned the same lesson.  Was 4/4 with factory level sigs.

However I had great luck with X series sigs so I'll probably add more of those to the safe in the future
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:36:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:39:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

insert /ican'tseeshit.gif
View Quote
Can you see me now?

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:39:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Honestly betting on a newly designed Sig pistol having serious issues is like betting on the Pats vs the Browns.
View Quote
Umm idk how to tell you this dude but the 320 has been out for years.  They've had a lot of time to get their shit together
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:40:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So safe

https://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f149/640527d1441143171-hand-trauma-exploding-glock-glock.jpg
and while i can't see the pic, i assume your trying to show an 'exploded glock,' which is not what we're talking about. we're talking about the drop safety of a handgun.

show a stock glock that 'exploded' or had an accidental discharge by being dropped from six feet. hell make it ten feet. can you find any instance of this happening?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:41:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
and while i can't see the pic, i assume your trying to show an 'exploded glock,' which is not what we're talking about. we're talking about the drop safety of a handgun.

show a stock glock that 'exploded' or had an accidental discharge by being dropped from six feet. hell make it ten feet. can you find any instance of this happening?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So safe

https://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f149/640527d1441143171-hand-trauma-exploding-glock-glock.jpg

Yet we are on this line of discussion because you stated

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:41:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yikes. What caused that failure?
View All Quotes
that's fake news, the exploded glock and hand wound are unrelated, it's been covered here many times. but i bet you that glock was not 'dropped on the floor' and that happened.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:42:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So safe

ok, so what caused the malfunction?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:42:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
that's fake news, the exploded glock and hand wound are unrelated, it's been covered here many times. but i bet you that glock was not 'dropped on the floor' and that happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Actually a North Korean fired it and that was in 2006. They pretended it was a nuke test.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Actually a North Korean fired it and that was in 2006. They pretended it was a nuke test.
View Quote
insert /terminatorglockexplosion.gif

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It won't fire because Glock is partially tension while P320 is full tensioned.
View Quote
Tests have been done.  Most ammo will almost always or always fire if struck from the resting position of a Glock striker.  It does have significant stored energy.  The main benefit is it reduces the impact and thus possible deformation and defeat of a marginal striker block intercept, and the remaining travel required for designed release allows the use of a safety shelf in the "trigger housing" which effectively blocks the sear surface from being jarred below the striker hook unless the trigger moves reward past the trigger tab catch point.  The trigger bar and sear being a single piece directly pinned to, and thus restricted by, the trigger shoe's rearward movement means that the trigger bar/cruciform piece itself would have to flex ridiculously to release the striker with the trigger locked forward by its safety tab, as well as still preventing the striker block plunger from being lifted by the lobe on the trigger bar.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:45:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Tests have been done.  Most ammo will almost always or always fire if struck from the resting position of a Glock striker.  It does have significant stored energy.  The main benefit is it reduces the impact and thus possible deformation and defeat of a marginal striker block intercept, and the remaining travel required for designed release allows the use of a safety shelf in the "trigger housing" which effectively blocks the sear surface from being jarred below the striker hook unless the trigger moves reward past the trigger tab catch point.  The trigger bar and sear being a single piece directly pinned to, and thus restricted by, the trigger shoe's rearward movement means that the trigger bar/cruciform piece itself would have to flex ridiculously to release the striker with the trigger locked forward by its safety tab, as well as still preventing the striker block plunger from being lifted by the lobe on the trigger bar.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It won't fire because Glock is partially tension while P320 is full tensioned.
jesus christ how much ridalin are you on?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:48:04 AM EDT
[#50]
I just want to say Bennjammin that I am rubbing the magazine bodies onto my body of the pistols that are forbidden to you in cali
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top