BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
That's a funky looking nest..what did they use, Spaghettios?

Look again......It's BACON.  Those are bacon wasps.  Sweet!

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Spray it with some form of poison preferably from INSIDE if you have access.

Is there a door behind the camera you could run into if needed?  Spraying at night will yield maximum results as they sleep at night...and ALL WILL BE HOME WHEN YOU SPRAY
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:03:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Use a shovel..
I would.

Really? Sounds like a painful pinata party...

No.. Thats when its in bushes and then I used a club.  

Dont be near me when I do it
You move. You run. Your stung.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those look like hornets to me.

Walked up on this on a coworker's place. Made me wonder where all the bees were.

COOOOOOOLLLL..

I hhave and 18ft pruner. Will it reach?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:11:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I want to see carnage.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:16:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I HATE wasps, bees, yellow jackets, hornets! I HATE them ALL!!! Just looking at the pics in here made my heart race. I'm not afraid of them. If one is flying around my head I don't freak out and run around screaming waving my arms. I just hate them. I want to kill them all with fire! If some of you are wondering, yes I did have a traumatic experience as a child with yellow jackets. I got stung 23 times all over my body. And to this day I kill any and all on sight.  F$#K I HATE'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like bald faced hornets.

Large, sort of black, and nasty.

Spray after dark, the foaming spray blocks the entry/exits from the nest and kills quickly.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Around here the big black and white bald-faced hornets are pretty mild mannered.  I'll usually just leave them be, the yellow hornets are a lot more of a problem.

The exception is when someone disturbs the nest, then look out, bald-faced hornets will chase you for a long way.  You won't be able to get anywhere near the nest, even weeks later.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top