Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently we are being too nice to them, otherwise they wouldn't be doing that kind of thing?  

It would suprise me if Big Brother wasn't hiding and covering some of this stuff up a bit to prevent chaos.  The last thing anyone wants to see is this shit get out of hand.  Whether it be the media blowing shit out of proportion or the Terrorist blowing more shit up.  I would feel just as unsafe with Abdul and Hadji on our streets looking to make a statement, as I would with JimBob and BillyBob out there hunting them down.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's one crazy bastard, no need to freak out...

....and he has 1.8 million brothers in America

Damn I need more AMMO!!!!!!!!!

You, me, and everyone else here on these boards, Bro.  

Ya know, if this guy would have been Christian and drove his SUV into a crowd of Muslims leaving a mosque, just think how the media would be reporting the story.  I highy doubt it would be reported as an "isolated incident".  Them fuckers.   Grrrr!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#4]
motherfucker should be sliced into little pieces after 1000 swings with a baseball bat to make him all mushy first.

Anyway, this happened in Chapel Hill, a liberal stronghold in NC.  I predict, within a week, the libtards there will hold some type of Muslim Unity vigil or something out of their Hate America First mindset.

Would be great if this ROP dickhead made some calls to Iran and we had some of his calls on tape thanks to the Patriot Act and so called domestic eavesdropping.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay seriously guys, how often do you hear of American Muslims committing crimes, compared to let's say, American Christians?
This was just one crazy loser, who was too dumb to even get a decent body count...
Yeah, that's one Hell of a retaliatory attack...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Political Correctness will be our un-doing.

+1 You got that right.

screw political correctness.....PC is what gets most of these locked threads locked.....under the guise of some sort of Conduct Code......the facts are, we should carefully word our responses in the ARFcom forums , so we do not offend any one group of people.....or else, LOCKDOWN
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
ROP
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I actually watched some hot female defense lawyer on Fox News start the 'He is only 22...' and 'They published cartoons in the UNC college paper...' crap....

So, if I am offended by a Charlie Brown cartoon, I am justified to running over a crowd of people?

The times we live in get more interesting by the day
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Its one nut.

Like a lone decended testicle?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
John Allen Mohammed and Lee Malvo were just crazy loners.
The guy who shot up the El Al counter at LAX was just a crazy guy.
The guys up in Lodi, CA who were recruiting for an AQ training camp in Pakistan were just loco.
The guys running a "charity" in Richardson, TX who were funneling money to Hamas were nuts too.
That John Walker "Suleiman Rashid" Lindh was a kook.
Our very own RebelGray Ryan Andersen was nuttier than a PB&J.

You left out the nut that blew himself up at the OU football game
And the kid that crashed the Cessna into the Tampa bank

All lone nuts...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Anything I would have to say would get this thread locked.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My officials are using the term 'lone wolf,'" said ABC's Pierre Thomas. "They have no evidence of a wider plot

What I don't understand is HOW they can say that this is a "lone Wolf" incident. It seems to me that if this guy, who obviously is intelligetnnt and studied, all of a sudden decied to "take action" then we are sitting on a HUGE problem just waiting to happen.

MO is historically suicide attacks with elaborate planning. This guy's just an asshole who rented a truck.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The guys up in Lodi, CA who were recruiting for an AQ training camp in Pakistan were just loco.
The guys running a "charity" in Richardson, TX who were funneling money to Hamas were nuts too.

Don't forget our own servicemen who have done this shit.

But these appear to be isolated incidents. There is really no evidence of any wide scale plot with regards to the events above.  Just disturbed POSs who shouldn't be in this country, convinced by Islamic extremists and terrorists overseas. Mucho thanks to the MSM for relaying all that info to them.

As for muslims in this country they are doing more than just quietly watching.  Some are getting ready I expect. So are we.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm still not getting the connection between the cartoons and the prohibition against depictions "because they would lead to idolatry".  Just the opposite I would think with the cartoons...derision.  So by my reasoning they should welcome depictions like cartoons to "keep it real".
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't forget our own servicemen who have done this shit.

Sgt Hasan Akbar: also cookoo for cocoa puffs.

There is really no evidence of any wide scale plot with regards to the events above.

Well, there is one overriding principle they all share.

Yeah, that's for damn sure.  No question they are the enemy.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's one crazy bastard, no need to freak out...

....and he has 1.8 million brothers in America

Damn  I only have 1.79 millions .223 rounds. guess I'll have to go shopping.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yeah, that really represents the 4,000,000 or so American Muslims...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that really represents the 4,000,000 or so American Muslims...

So how many Moslems need to go apeshit crazy before you would say that there is a problem with the Religion of Peace?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Political Correctness will be WAS our un-doing.

Fixt it
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#23]
That's like saying how many black people go crazy before you whip out the noose...
You guys are really falling right into the American sterotype...
This worries me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#24]
It appears to have been a lone numb nut, not part of some plot. Local rumor is he's in the loonie bin at UNC Hospitals, not the county jail.
Hmmmm, is there a medical use for Sodium Pentathol?
Maybe it was a diversionary mission to cover the placement of assets in preparation for an attack on one or all of NC's uber juicy targets. What if they attack NASCAR? Or one of our many outlet malls?or god forbid, Mayberry?
Seriously though, Ft. Bragg, Pope AFB, Seymour Johnson AFB, Cherry Point MCAS, Camp Lejeune, Blackwater, an NSA site, a NASAsite, Research Triangle Park, and Shearon Harris Nuclear Plant. We already know Charlotte's business district, and the Nuke plant have been scouted as targets for the big Q. HAMAS ran a cigarette scam in NC.
Or maybe it was some lone numb nut.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
That's like saying how many black people go crazy before you whip out the noose...
This worries me.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:13:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
How many 'lone crazy bastards' does it take for the apologists to pull their heads out of the sand?

+1....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#27]
If this was part of a larger coordinated attack, it wouldn't have been such a lame attempt at damage.

He was an attention whore.  An Islamic attention whore.

Wake me up when guns/fire/explosions are involved... like the OU incident.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:49:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Apparently we are being too nice to them, otherwise they wouldn't be doing that kind of thing?  

It would suprise me if Big Brother wasn't hiding and covering some of this stuff up a bit to prevent chaos.  The last thing anyone wants to see is this shit get out of hand.  Whether it be the media blowing shit out of proportion or the Terrorist blowing more shit up.  I would feel just as unsafe with Abdul and Hadji on our streets looking to make a statement, as I would with JimBob and BillyBob out there hunting them down.

If the government can't hide the VP shooting and wounding his buddy on a private hunting preserve, how in the heck are they going to hide an act of terror?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If this was part of a larger coordinated attack, it wouldn't have been such a lame attempt at damage.

- BG

I've asked about 30 people, no one heard about that one
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:21:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Ditto... no one knows anything about it.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:32:37 AM EDT
[#31]
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:36:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Ditto... no one knows anything about it.

- BG

nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/10/07/434694f129a59

google is your friend. several articles about it, this just one, picked at random.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the government can't hide the VP shooting and wounding his buddy on a private hunting preserve, how in the heck are they going to hide an act of terror?

Because the MSM has largely sided with the enemies of this country and against the Bush Administration and conservatives in general.

Not saying that this is part of a larger plot, as I don't think it is,  just answering your question.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Okay seriously guys, how often do you hear of American Muslims committing crimes, compared to let's say, American Christians?
This was just one crazy loser, who was too dumb to even get a decent body count...
Yeah, that's one Hell of a retaliatory attack...

Big difference between those who commit crimes of passion or for profit and those who hate our nation, what it stands for and want us all dead.  The fact that you can't seem to  understand that speaks volumes about where you are coming from.

"...all enemies, foreign and domestic."
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:24:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If these incompetent attacks are all they've got, we're doing ok for now.

As for the coverup, I'm sure the demofags could drop they're alliance with our enemies long enough to use acts of terror on our soil as political fodder against GWB.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#36]
This incident should have EVERY good liberal American up in arms! The nerve of this guy using a gas guzzling SUV!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:32:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
OK, if you are unhappy with the treatment of Muslims around the world.  Stop acting like an ass in their name. Emmkay.

Yup, what he said!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#38]
I trust he will be charged with a hate crime...

click here for.... CRICKETS.WAV
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Political Correctness will be our un-doing.

I couldn't agree more.

Well said, sir.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#40]
It's starting,I'm ready.
Oh,IBTL.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#41]
When the attacks seem more coordinated and not just the work of random idiots, I'll start paying more attention.

Old people accidentally driving through crowded Farmers Markets have done more damage than this moron.

I've got a tin foil hat no doubt but a single guy driving over some people and NOT blowing up does not - at this point - mean we need to start rounding all Muslims up.

Also some of you seemed to assign the attributes of "intelligence" to this guy to make him seem more formidable. Sure he was likely educated... but as we all know, college campuses are some of the largest bastions of lunacy you can think of outside a newspaper editor's office...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#42]
I plan to buy a map of the US and track the lone wolves with colored pins...

Some Americans have a hard time with the concept of small market share gains...ie Datsun 210 evolving into the Nissan Armada.

Single attacks here and there spread over a year's time still serve thier cause AND fuel the "fire in the belly" of thier young men.

Pete
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This worries me.

Tread lightly.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't think this was part of any larger conspiracy...not yet.

Just your typical RoPer doing what they tend to do.

I DO think there is a large terrorist network within this country, the muslim population is just too large for there not to be. They are biding their time, but they will strike.

I just watched Kingdom of Heaven for the first time last night. Its a good primer....that is what many of them would like to do to our cities here.....

But thanks to the PC, even amongst gun owners and conservatives and Republicans and those that lean that direction (don't even get me started on the libtards), this is a battle we will probably lose...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#45]
I think people here have to realise one thing. What was once an "organisation", Al-queda, Has now become what Defence analyists have described as a "movement". Meaning that you you dont actually have to be a part of their "club" to follow their call to "jihad" anymore. In fact they welcome loners to act out with the same ideological guidelines. a perfect comparison is the Cartoon jihad riots in Pakistan. Were all those thousands of people Al-queda? No. But they are acting on it's behalf to carry out it's aims. Also dont forget that now with the internet people can literally take a home correspondance course in terrorism!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Bloody Borders at UNC

It looks like the next time a revised edition of the Bloody Borders Project comes out, there will be a new colored spot on the east coast of the USA, specifically Chapel Hill, NC. Thanks to a tipster in the state, I became aware of this article from yesterday’s Myrtle Beach Online:

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - A recent University of North Carolina graduate faces attempted murder charges after a sport utility vehicle raced through a popular campus gathering spot Friday, hurting nine people and scattering startled bystanders.

Six people - five students and a visiting scholar - were treated for minor injuries and released from UNC Hospitals, the university said in a statement. Three other people declined treatment at the scene, police said.

Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar, 22, who graduated in December with a double major in psychology and philosophy, was being held Friday by campus police. They intend to charge him with nine counts of attempted murder and nine counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, said Capt. George Hare of the UNC Department of Public Safety.

The FBI joined the case because Taheri-azar, a native of Iran, “allegedly made statements that he acted to avenge the American treatment of Muslims. The ongoing investigation will work to confirm this,” said Special Agent Richard Kolko, an FBI spokesman in Washington.

Police searched Mr. Taheri-azar’s apartment, looking for explosives and other materials. According to the article, their search is ongoing.

Apparently the incident was a response to the cartoons of Mohammed published in Denmark:

Last month, Muslim students at UNC protested the publication in The Daily Tar Heel of an original cartoon depicting the prophet Muhammad. Islam is interpreted to forbid any illustrations of Muhammad for fear they could lead to idolatry. The recent publication of a series of cartoons of Muhammad in European newspapers sparked violent protests in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Local Muslims have been quick to disassociate themselves from Mr. Teheri-azar.

The Muslim Students Association, which was among the leading critics of the cartoon, said Teheri-azar had never been a member of the group and denounced him on its Web site.

“Regardless of what his intentions prove to be, we wholeheartedly deplore this action, and trust that our fellow classmates will be able to dissociate the actions of this one disturbed individual from the beliefs of the Muslim community as a whole,” the statement said. “Peace be upon you all.”

These are admirable sentiments. Are there any readers from the UNC area who want to contribute opinions or information?

posted by Baron Bodissey | 11:15:00 AM | 10 comments | Trackback
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#47]

Apparently the incident was a response to the cartoons of Mohammed published in Denmark

If that's all it takes he'd have gone off at some point about some other dumbass "insult".

The Muslim Students Association, which was among the leading critics of the cartoon, said Teheri-azar had never been a member of the group and denounced him on its Web site.

“Regardless of what his intentions prove to be, we wholeheartedly deplore this action, and trust that our fellow classmates will be able to dissociate the actions of this one disturbed individual from the beliefs of the Muslim community as a whole,” the statement said. “Peace be upon you all.”

Those looking to plunge a knife into your back are always trying to convince you they are your friend, now just turn around....

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#48]
March 05, 2006
Your Taheri-azari Update

All we seem to know so far is that he acted alone, and that the motive doesn't seem to have anything to do with the DTH's cartoon. Other than that law enforcement is playing this close, although the FBI remains involved, and no one seems to know anything about the guy. He was here, was was polite, he was amiable, and that's it. Which is, frankly, a whole lot of nothin'.

I am enormously relieved, I have to tell you, that the cops are saying this was not related to the DTH. I think that would have had the potential for ripping the campus apart. Not to mention suddenly making us the subject of national debate in a way we are really better off avoiding.

Update: This doesn't keep the geniuses on Fox and Friends from debating whether the DTH should have published (I think they're still under the impression it was the Danish cartoons that were published) as if that was the provocation. No matter the topic, and no matter which combination of rotating hosts on that show, they know just enough to be dangerous.

Meanwhile, this question: the investigation has pulled in FBI, SBI, the Chapel Hill police. Why in God's name did the press conference feature the Campus po? I love that guy's talk about "the investigation" as if in an investigation involving the FBI the Campus police will be playing a major -- or, you know, substantive -- role.

When will we hear from the FBI or the State Terrorism Task Force?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#49]
IBTL
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#50]
 This wacked out ROP'er will be small news for a few days and will bring more attention to the "funny looks" and "mean" comments that they must endure than his crime committed in the name of his religion.  It will take another 9-11-2001 type attack, or worse, to change the focus away from us being intolerant to them being murderers. Same with the border.... We're slow learners. IBTL
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top