Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad had a visit in the late nineties for buying 2 pistols in a week. The guy sat across the street in his car for a few hours before knocking on our door. My dad told him he's just a collector and asked the agent if he would like to see them. The guy said no and went back to his car for awhile longer before finally leaving.

This was in az.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I intentionally do not buy multiple firearms at one time. I would rather the multiple sales report not be generated at all.

It's just another place that the buyer's info and the serial numbers of whatever they purchased gets recorded.

And unlike the 4473 that is kept in the dealer's possession - that multiple sale form goes directly to both local LE and ATF - right away.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I havent heard of this before
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone here had a visit from the ATF as a result of a multiple sales form?  I had 3 lowers, 2 ar's, 2 benelli sbe2s, and a s&w 642 transferred to me last weekend.  I bet I get a visit.

Being Texas, I could see it. Close to the border.

I think you're probably right.  The Government doesn't like competition when it comes to gun running.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW, here are the official ATF rules for reporting multiple rifle sales, and yes, they basically only apply to southern border states: (Note, they don't apply to lower receivers, but whole rifles)

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/industry/080911-qa-multiple-rifles.pdf

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that what they do in free countries?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You still think we're free after Nov. 6? Well bless your heart.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You still think we're free after Nov. 6 1994 1968 1934? Well bless your heart.  

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top