Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Apparently he had a shitload of bugout gear in the car but ditched without it after the shootout.

The press sensationalized the "bugout gear" aspect. Dude was prepared for a shootout if he was holed up in a comfy warm house. That's about it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Rest in peace troubled young man.

Fuck that, I hope he suffered til his last breath.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shooting renewed debate about a federal law that made it legal for people to take loaded weapons into national parks. The 2010 law made possession of firearms subject to state gun laws.

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision.

"The many congressmen and senators that voted for the legislation that allowed loaded weapons to be brought into the parks ought to be feeling pretty bad right now," Wade said.

For fucks sake. Statists think laws are like magic spells that ward off evil or something.

If News Reporters were actually paid for what they are worth...........they'd be giving us their money just to have the privelage of working.  The STUPID IS STRONG in the MSM.

Here is the AP reporter's social media pages:

http://muckrack.com/mikebakerap
https://www.facebook.com/mikebakerap
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Is that 88er shit?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The shooting renewed debate about a federal law that made it legal for people to take loaded weapons into national parks. The 2010 law made possession of firearms subject to state gun laws.

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision.

"The many congressmen and senators that voted for the legislation that allowed loaded weapons to be brought into the parks ought to be feeling pretty bad right now," Wade said.

For fucks sake. Statists think laws are like magic spells that ward off evil or something.

That law against murdering people didn't stop him from doing that but another law would stop him from bringing his gun onto park lands during his "escape"?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Mentally ill dude with tats kills multiple people... reminds me of a certain movie:

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think steroids make you freak out like that.

Quoted:

Mentally ill dude with tats kills multiple people... reminds me of a certain movie:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JhTYrfL5UI4/TZAIQpp38xI/AAAAAAAAAxU/ZyZxA8mI2JQ/s1600/memento12.jpg

He wasn't mentally ill. He suffered some brain damage. You see he has this condition, maybe he has told you about it?...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if he was on so called "anti-depressants" or "anti-anxiety"  or one of the other myriad of drugs that they give to soldiers suffering from PTSD.  After going trough 3 years of hell dealing with people on these kind of drugs it makes me suspect that is the cause of a lot of these occurrences. They can screw you up big time and nobody seems to be tracking the negative effects of these drugs.  Paranoia is a very common side effect.  And certainly the networks that make millions off of advertising them are not going to do any major story on the side effects.  

I am not excusing the actions of the perp, but these sorts of drugs are almost as much a common thread in these occurrences as guns.  

Riiiiight...

The treatment is the cause.

Just like terrorism is created by fighting against it.

Do you realize how many people in this country are on those medications?  If everyone that was taking an ssri be came a paranoid maniac we wouldn't be able to walk through a store without being attacked.  Blaming the alcohol doesn't make any sense when a drunk decides to beat his wife, why would this be any different?
ERic

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#11]
From Tactical-Life.com:

An Iraq war veteran who was found dead at Mount Rainier National Park a day after he killed a park ranger drowned in a creek after suffering from hypothermia, a medical examiner’s spokeswoman said on Tuesday.

Yup
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes... yes I do.

I'll take my own insanities. And not look for any meds.  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes... yes I do.

I'll take my own insanities. And not look for any meds.  Thanks.  

They have value.

Just sayin'

A timely shot of Vitamin H on a combative subject in the ER does wonders
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:13:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
His body has been found.  Looks like he froze to death during the night.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mt-rainier-ranger-shot-death-gunman-sought-15272135

After going into a rage and shooting 4 people earlier, he hops into his car and flees into a National Park-WEARING A T-SHIRT, jeans and tennis shoes!  THATS IT.  In the middle of winter.  But apparently he was feeling hot and sweaty...
And then somewhere he lost one of the shoes after bailing from his vehicle.

Remember the naked guy who beat that guy in California a week or so ago?  

And check his physique in those photographs.

But the news said he was a survival expert!

Why the hell do news people think that being in the military makes you a survival expert? Granted their our survival experts in the military, but being in the military does not make you a survival expert by any means.

There are.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:24:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Mt. Ranier gunman- was it steroids or meth he was on?

maybe he went into a roid rage when he round out the roids he was sold were fake.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#18]
The anti depressant comment,,,
The va has a habit of shotgunning multiple drugs at patients, sometimes it irks sometimes it doesn't, if the individual isn't proactive and just accepts what they give when there's problems shit like this ca happen.  There are certain medications in this category that I cannot take because of brain chemistry issues, the make me physcotic instead of happy. The va has a serious case load, and a lot of the docs just go down a list checking blocks, if you know certain mess have certain results for you they don't want to hear it. They put my buddy on serious amounts of Valium for his anxiety, wayyyy to much, he could barely get himself to go to the bathroom when he was fully dosed.     I'm not saying that he was being treated by the va, or was even taking any, but even on this board there are members who were on physcoactive medications who had a bad reaction, I know of one who actually had this happened and it lead to them committing a serious felony, which lost that person their gun rights and caused them to spend time in prison.

The possible drug comment,,,

Up there it could seriously be anything, a good candidate is spice or bath salts, the insane crazy shit people do on those is unbelievable, and can mirror plenty of side effects of things like meth or pop.

The discarded clothing comment,,,,,

Yes, later stages of hypothermia make you feel like you are burning up. It's easy for someone to say that they would know better and not strip down. That's nit the case, what you aren't taking onto account I'd the degradation of your mental capacity in that situation.     I have had hypothermia twice, one you get past the feeling cold stage it's kind of like your brain turns off, impulse control and rational thought kind of take a sideline. There's a good chance that if I hadn't been with other people the first time I would have died, after the part where I thought I would never be warm again, I started to feel hot, that's about where everything gets really hazy and I don't remember much.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top