Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
ZERO TURN!

I will never get any other style mower. I have 3.6 acres. A garden tractor took 6 hours to mow it. A 14hp Kubota with a 60" mower took 4 hours. A 60" Dixie chopper takes less than 1.5hours.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my zero turn.

2 acres here to mow.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy the fastest Zero turn you can afford.  Unless of course your time isn't worth much to you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Zero turn. I have a John Deere Z930 with a 60" deck and love it. The ones at the big box stores with the yellow deck are consumer models. Go to a tractor dealer and check out the ones with he green deck.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#5]
My box store John Deere rider died yesterday (transmission)

I'm getting the lowest commercial Hustler makes - the Fastrak STX.  

Going from 42" to 60".
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Zero turn, there is no other option.  Bought a Kubota in May and don't regret my decision one bit.   I can mow my 2.5 acres in no time now.  This is the first summer I haven't felt like I've been on the mower all summer, and it's fun to mow now as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I mow 5 acres. Gravely 60". Can't say enough about it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Used to cut with a 48" husquavarna lawn tractor.  When it died got a kubota 48" ztr. Went from 2hrs 15 min down to around 45 min and using 1/4 the fuel.  For cutting grass a zero turn is king. I regret the kubota though. It's pulleys seem a weak point as every one of the deck pulleys have been replaced in 3 years of use. I'm thinking an exmark was the better choice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I recently went through the same search process myself. I had the opportunity to try Bad Boy, Hustler, Exmark and Scag. I went with the Scag. It was illuminating to me how well the Scag performed for my application. It is extremely smooth to operate and the suspension seat takes out all the bumps. It holds well on hills like you will find around your pond. Never any issues with grass windrows no matter the height or thickness of turf. I could not be more satisfied. I would suggest the Turf Tiger or Tiger Cat II. I chose the Tiger Cat II with the fuel injected Kohler. What ever machine you select, take a close look at the drive system.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No stamped deck.
View Quote
This... look for a two year old wright stander on CL...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, important info to the discussion is missing your location and type of grass mowing.  Unless a tractor is needed for other work a Z-turn is the way to go, check out Wright Standers, they work and work well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Get the zero turn. I have an acre and a half and I considered my land borderline between a tractor and a zero turn. I ended up with a tractor, Which I am happy with. But i have seen a friend of mine do my yard with a zero turn and it was way faster.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ZERO TURN!

I will never get any other style mower. I have 3.6 acres. A garden tractor took 6 hours to mow it. A 14hp Kubota with a 60" mower took 4 hours. A 60" Dixie chopper takes less than 1.5hours.
View Quote
Ya once you go zero turn you never go back. I only have a 1/4 acre and have a 54 commercial John Deere.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top