[#1]
"Go with god!"

"Gods gonna sit this one out!"

or

"Its not Vengeance its Punishment"
-The Punisher
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

Blade Runner, Roy Batty/Rutger Howard. Good scene.

+1 I love that scene....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
1.) "Oh man! How'd you get the beans above the frank?"

2.) "You were right Smith. You're always right. It was inevitable."

3.) "Did you hear? There's a movie forum on AR15.com!!"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Band of Brothers
Interview with Dick Winters where he is talking about a letter his grandson wrote him.

"He asked me 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?'"
"Grandpa said "No.... but I served in a company of heros.'"

Almost brings me to tears every time I watch it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#6]
"See, there was this ancient sulpture who created this buetiful statue out of stone.  All the people of the village said what a magnificant thing he had made.  He said he hadn't made anything,  he just chipped away the ruff edges.  You see Rambo, we didn't make you this fighting machine.....we just chipped away the edges."

COL. Troutman
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm completely out of ammo.. Thats never happened to me before -- Burt in Tremors (3?)
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
" What now?  Well let me tell you what now.  I'm gonna call a couple pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.  Hear me talkin' hillbilly boy?!  I ain't through with you by a damn sight.  I'm gonna git Medieval on your ass."

+1

My favorite movie.

"You okay?"

"Naw man, I am pretty fuckin far from OK"

Awesome!

eta: On your way in, did you see a sign, saying "Dead Nigger Storage?"

Awsome movie
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"This isn't a democracy, it's a cheerocracy !"

... from Bring it On

Movie quotes that evoke an emotion ........
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#10]
It's too bad she won't live...  but then again, who does?   -Gaff, Blade Runner
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#11]
"All I'm saying is men can live together withour butchering one another."  

Or, something to that effect with JOSEY Wales and Ten Bears at the end of the Outlay JOSEY Wales.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Saving Private Ryan:

"Earn this!"

the ultimate guilt trip, 7 mens lives spent for one, Ryan would have had to live seven life times in one to earn that.

MLW>"<

Yep.  No way to pay that one back.  Best you can do is try to live one very good life and thank God every day for the sacrifices they made.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#13]
A member of an elite paramilitary organization: "Eagle Scouts."

It's a new kind of war, George. It's a new war for a new century.

There is an epitaph I'd like: Matthew 10:36. Well, Peter... this is what comes of 'empire building.'

By following the rules of the Film Actor's Guild, the world can become a better place; that handles dangerous people with talk, and reasoning; that, is the fag way. One day you'll all look at the world us actors created and say, "wow, good going, fag. You really made the world a better place, didntcha, fag?"

That night, I thanked God for seeing me through that day of days and prayed I would make it through D plus 1. I also promised that if some way I could get home again, I would find a nice peaceful town and spend the rest of my life in peace.

Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into her side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte. We'd just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half-hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that in the water, Chief? You can tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know, was that our bomb mission was so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin' by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calendars, you know the infantry squares in the old calendars like the Battle of Waterloo and the idea was the shark come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and sometimes that shark he go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a shark is he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn't even seem to be livin'... 'til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all your poundin' and your hollerin' those sharks come in and... they rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour. Thursday mornin', Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boson's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. At noon on the fifth day, a Lockheed Ventura swung in low and he spotted us, a young pilot, lot younger than Mr. Hooper here, anyway he spotted us and a few hours later a big ol' fat PBY come down and started to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened. Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. 316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#14]
"Gordie's gone...I'll be outside..."

And

"Matthews: What's the matter Danny? Something you don't like?
McKnight: No Specter gunships, daylight instead of night... late afternoon when they're all fucked up on Khat, only part of the city Aidid can mount a serious counter-attack on short notice...
[chuckles]
McKnight: What's not to like?
Harell: Life's imperfect!
McKnight: Yeah, for you two, circling above it at 500 feet it's imperfect. Down in the street, it's unforgiving."

Sets the mood for the whole movie.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"Avenge Me"  Red Dawn

That is a great B-Movie moment,
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#17]
the opening soliloquy George C. Scott delivers in "Patton" is one of my all time favorites
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... from Bring it On

Movie quotes that evoke an emotion ........

Hey, nobody said WHICH emotion.

Since you used an emoticon ()in your post, I have to assume it evoked an emotion in you  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#19]
President Thomas Whitmore: Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#20]

No, they don't know what we do, and they wouldn't understand if they did know. That's part of our job. We deal with the darkness so they'll never have to deal with it themselves.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Stay and you may die.  Run away and you'll live.  But dying in your bed, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this dayto that for one chance, just one chance , to come back here and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they will never take....

our freedom!  

Forgiveness is between him and God.  It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

... from Bring it On

"This is not a cheer-ocracy, I am the cheer-tator, I will make the cheer-isions around here, and I will deal with the cheer-onsequences. " -- Not Another Teen Movie
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#24]
"Forgiveness is between them and God it is my job to arrange the meeting."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#25]
"He brought his bitch... to the waffle hut!"

"Don't talk that way about Mountain Girl"

"Aw fuck you and the swiss miss bitch"

Happiness is an emotion
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Let it go.  Let it go now, or I'll give you a war you won't believe...

First Blood
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
"Forgiveness is between them and God it is my job to arrange the meeting."

I was gonna put that one up......

Heres another from Cool Hand Luke:

"What we have here is a failure to communicate.."

Cant remember the rest but a good movie.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#28]
1.  A man's got to make a livin' somehow. Dyin' ain't much of a livin'. Boy.

2.  I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like. . .Victory.

3.  I ain't got time to bleed.

4.  Just because we are buying guns doesn't mean we didn't bring any.

5.  Say hello to my little friend.

6.  For lack of a better word, Greed is Good.

7.  Is that color piss yellow or puke green?

8.  Don't ask me about my business Kay.

9.  It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brassi sleeps with the fishes.

10. Do you feel lucky? Well, Punk, do yah?

11.  Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

12. It was you, Freddo. You broke my heart.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Avenge Me"  Red Dawn

That is a great B-Movie moment,

You should be drawn and quartered.

"Immortality, TAKE IT, ITS YOURS!"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Dillon: You're all gonna die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet? Or on your fuckin' knees... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say *fuck* that thing! Let's fight it!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Dillon: You're all gonna die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet? Or on your fuckin' knees... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say *fuck* that thing! Let's fight it!

Pretty good moment from an otherwise awful movie.  I still watch it though cause the Alien was just about the coolest thing out there when I was a kid.

I just pretend "Resurection" and "AVP" never happened.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

Blade Runner, Roy Batty/Rutger Howard. Good scene.

I suddenly feel an urge to watch Blade Runner.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
When I get home people 'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is. - "Hoot" in BHD

Loved that one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Mel Gibson as Col Moore in "We Were Soldiers".  Particularly....

"We're moving into the 'valley of the shadow of death' -- where you will watch the back of the man next to you, as he will watch yours. And you won't care what color he is or by what name he calls God. They say we're leavin' home. We're goin' to what home was always supposed to be. So let us understand the situation. We are goin' into battle against a tough and determined enemy. I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear before you and before Almighty God: That when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off. And I will leave no one behind.  

Dead or alive, we will all come home together.

So help me God."

Loved that movie.....the most respectful movie portaying veitnam I have seen or know of....It portrayed the veterans as they really were and are -- Heroes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#35]
"Somebody help that man, don't let that man crawl!"

Col. McKnight in BlackHawk Down (only in the trailer, didn't make it onscreen) and was actually said in real life based on the BHD novel.

"I'll snatch the life right out of you"

John Creasy, Man on Fire

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
"As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster."

I also like:

"One day...one day some of the kids from the nieghborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was out of respect."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#37]
"Those motherfuckers!"

Sgt Barnes,Platoon
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
"Have I been a good man?"

Cemetary scene, the elder Jimmy Ryan

+1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#39]
If any of ya call me grampaw,  I'll kill ya!

jb
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#40]
I am only 11 10 posts away from a flaming briefcase so let me add the following.  I get goosebumps everytime I hear it..........

"I do believe in ghosts, I do, I do, I do !"
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
"Those motherfuckers!"

Sgt Barnes,Platoon

''The beast is out there and he's hungery tonight''

Keith David in ''Platoon.''
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#42]
No poor dumb sonofabitch ever won a war dying for his country..........,
he made the other poor dumb sonofabitch die for his.

we're gonna grab'em by the nose and kick'em in the ass.......

George C. Scott...as Patton

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#43]
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man"  Robert Duvall

"Fill your hand you son of a bitch"  reply, John Wayne
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#44]
"I want to go home." -When the medic in SPR gets gunned down.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#45]
''I ain't go'in in there,them bastards attacked us''!!!

Clarsh operating patrol boat arriving at Col. Kurtz's base camp on the nung river in ''Apocalypse Now.''

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#46]
"If it bleeds, we can kill it"

Arnold in Preditor
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#47]
I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like...Victory!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#48]
I dont know about you, but I'm having a ball - sin city

the killing? no, no pleasure.  everything leading up to it is gonna be a gas. -sin city
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#49]
"Oh yes, and one more thing, Dear Lord, about our enemies..ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell.  Amen."
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#50]
"I want to have your abortion" - fight club, cut in favor of a more PC line
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top